PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk a little about "Dudy Noble Field".

Offshore Dawg
01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
I would like to stay in the same location "Dudy Noble Field". My thoughts are, remove all the old stadium and re-build with a new stadium. Example; after this season start by removing the bleachers and make permanent concrete seating down both foul lines with the corrected sight lines. Then re-do the main grandstand next. If construction can do the football stadium and only disrupt seating for one year, they should be able to do better time wise on a new baseball stadium. LFL can be talked to death later, as it is a separate issue from re-doing the entire grandstand. I am one of the ones that parked his car in the LFL in the 70's, set on the hood, and did homework during the game.

messageboardsuperhero
01-07-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm about 95% certain that they can't correct the sight lines without totally tearing down the main grandstand and starting over. We should get our new stadium/grandstand though.

MSUDawg4Life
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I really like the idea someone had of moving the entire stadium to nearby property the university owns. Build a brand new top of the line stadium and not have to worry about construction on Dudy Noble during the season.

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Would be pretty cool to have it close to the lake and have a "bully cove"

Goat Holder
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I really like the idea someone had of moving the entire stadium to nearby property the university owns. Build a brand new top of the line stadium and not have to worry about construction on Dudy Noble during the season.

I think this is a moot point. All the upgrades that were done recently on the field, plus the parking, plus the logistics of it. All our facilities are adjacent.

MSUDawg4Life
01-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I think this is a moot point. All the upgrades that were done recently on the field, plus the parking, plus the logistics of it. All our facilities are adjacent.

I don't think it's moot at all. Building the field is probably the easiest part of building a new stadium. There's plenty of room for parking. Logistics is not a problem. It's basically right across the road. It's not like it would be a challenge for players and equipment to get there.

Like Ennis, I think an all new stadium near the lake would be very cool.