PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Jameis Winston?

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Throw out legal issues, something about this guy just doesn't seem right to me.

He has a big personality, is it fake?

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but something is really weird about this guy.

He is very likable, but weird.

Pollodawg
01-07-2014, 12:37 AM
I agree. There is something about the guy that just rubs you wrong.....

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2014, 12:38 AM
I agree. There is something about the guy that just rubs you wrong.....

Agree, I'm just trying to put my finger on what it is.

I've never seen someone so unfiltered and comfortable in his own skin. It seems fake and like an act because of that. It's way over the top.

Goat Holder
01-07-2014, 12:39 AM
I actually like him. I like people outside the box.

Todd4State
01-07-2014, 12:40 AM
I like him. But like Manziel last year, I think he's going to get too big too quickly. These college players like that are too young to handle that and the colleges don't provide them enough protection for a lack of a better word to keep them grounded. He's what? 19? 20?

Goat Holder
01-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Manziel handled the hype about as well as anybody ever could.

hailmari
01-07-2014, 12:46 AM
He's weird as crap, but I enjoy listening to him. Future television evangelist.

mparkerfd20
01-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Maybe you just aren't used to being around rapist.

Todd4State
01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Manziel handled the hype about as well as anybody ever could.

For someone his age, I agree. But he had some learning experiences this summer getting kicked out of the Archie Manning Passing Academy and then the scandal with his autographs that got him suspended for a half against Rice among other things.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Manziel had some off field issues, but I think Manziel is fairly normal in interviews. I don't think Manziel is weird. Perhaps immature, but not weird.

I like Jameis as well, he is just so over the top that it seems fabricated in someway. No way a sophomore in college is that comfortable in his own skin. I would love to see him fail, struggle, and FSU lose a couple games next season, just to see how he handles it.

It would go a long way I predicting how his NFL career will go.

Dawg61
01-07-2014, 01:36 AM
He just needs some work on his speech. We've also never seen him after a loss so we are only seeing one side right now. It gets annoying always hearing someone overjoyed after a win but that's all we've gotten with him. 14-0 and he won the NC on his birthday and he won the Heisman.

I seen it dawg
01-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Throw out legal issues, something about this guy just doesn't seem right to me.

He has a big personality, is it fake?

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but something is really weird about this guy.

He is very likable, but weird.

Cam Newton 2.0.......

archdog
01-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Cam Newton - Questioned involving a theft. Heisman. National Champion MVP with strong recruiting violations.
Marshall - Questioned involving a theft. Transferred, all is forgiven, embodies all that is right with Auburn for a 12-2 season
Jameis - Never questioned but a person of interest after a rape. Greatest 20 year old saviour of a fallen family friendly FSU team. Heisman Winner, National Champion MVP

Will Redmond - Worst of the Worst. Got the same deal anyone else in the entire world would have gotten on a 10 year old used Ford Mustang 6 Cyl car. 18 game suspension.

smootness
01-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Cam Newton - Questioned involving a theft. Heisman. National Champion MVP with strong recruiting violations.
Marshall - Questioned involving a theft. Transferred, all is forgiven, embodies all that is right with Auburn for a 12-2 season
Jameis - Never questioned but a person of interest after a rape. Greatest 20 year old saviour of a fallen family friendly FSU team. Heisman Winner, National Champion MVP

Will Redmond - Worst of the Worst. Got the same deal anyone else in the entire world would have gotten on a 10 year old used Ford Mustang 6 Cyl car. 18 game suspension.

Though I'm not sure there's much the NCAA itself can do to change this, there definitely is something screwed up about college football (and all of sports) right now. I don't think the NCAA should tread more lightly on amateurism issues, but I do think somebody needs to step up and deal with the legal issues that seem rampant. But this isn't really the NCAA's jurisdiction.

codeDawg
01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Maybe it's that he's an 19 year old kid who is expected to carry himself like a grown man in the national spotlight.

reddog
01-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Cam Newton 2.0.......
^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^

RougeDawg
01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
His post game interview made me dislike him, and I had no opinion either way before the game. He acted like they came in and did what they wanted to win the game. Auburn basically beat themselves with penalties and turnovers. No question about it. Jameis comes out after the game and acts like the win wasn't ever in question with them. I hope 2014 is a horrible year for them. Cant stand arrogance like that, after your ass was getting handed to you until your opponent started stepping on their own dick.