PDA

View Full Version : We should all hate that

dawgoneyall
01-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Slime won't get his Million dollar bonus this year.

Anyone who doesn't understand how that hurts MSU.....just remember the crap when Auburn bought Cam Newton and the BS Slime gave MSU. Prostitution...comes to mind.

I seen it dawg
01-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Screw Auburn

Bully13
01-07-2014, 12:31 AM
**** them all and **** the horses they rode in on!

they can all go suck slimey dick

MSUDawg4Life
01-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Agree with that. I hate that the streak ended, but if it had to end I'm glad to see Auburn as the losing party. **** 'em.

BossDawg
01-07-2014, 12:56 AM
I just don't understand it. Auburn or Alabama winning a NC doesn't help State a single damn lick. The way I see it, it just makes them stronger and a bigger roadblock for our own hope of a conference or division championship. Every single other team in the SEC can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Bully13
01-07-2014, 12:57 AM
I just don't understand it. Auburn or Alabama winning a NC doesn't help State a single damn lick. The way I see it, it just makes them stronger and a bigger roadblock for our own hope of a conference or division championship. Every single other team in the SEC can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

God that was great

TXDawg
01-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Just remember this attitude next season when we're (potentially) playing for a 10-win season and hoping to make it to a major bowl game. All we're going to hear this summer is that the SEC is down, the conference is no longer dominant, etc. All of that talk WILL sway the public perception (and the poll voters) and you can forget about any bump we might get for playing in the toughest division of the toughest conference. The SEC's streak ending only hurts us.

bully99
01-07-2014, 08:52 AM
"The sec's streak ending only hurts us " is one of the more asinine statements I've seen on here in a long time and that's saying something.

Drugdog
01-07-2014, 08:59 AM
"The sec's streak ending only hurts us " is one of the more asinine statements I've seen on here in a long time and that's saying something.

It's called business. Do you want the Company that you work for to increase sales or lose sales. The better the SEC the better the TV contracts, then the more $ MSU gets. It's really not hard to comprehend.
But hey let's hope the SEC goes the way of the SWAC and let's see how things are then.
I don't like AU or UOM but I want the Conference to prosper.

bully99
01-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Comparing the sec and the swac. Right.

maroonmania
01-07-2014, 09:58 AM
It's called business. Do you want the Company that you work for to increase sales or lose sales. The better the SEC the better the TV contracts, then the more $ MSU gets. It's really not hard to comprehend.
But hey let's hope the SEC goes the way of the SWAC and let's see how things are then.
I don't like AU or UOM but I want the Conference to prosper.

Some of that analogy doesn't work too well. While I agree the more dominant the SEC is the more SEC money will likely be available to us, most companies don't compete with themselves. So the SEC being more dominant may help us financially but certainly doesn't help our chances to compete in the league. In fact, the one period of time we were REAL players in the SEC (the late 90s) several of the traditional powers, AL and LSU in particular, were down at the time. I personally would rather be able to compete with the best teams in the league than have more money if there is a choice to be made. Would be nice if both could happen but it hasn't yet.

archdog
01-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Actually all they have been talking about all day today is how the SEC has 3 of the top 5, which is pretty strong.
Auburn was a 10.5 point underdog and still should have won that game hands down.

SEC will get the benefit of the doubt for the next few years, even without a national champion.

smootness
01-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Just remember this attitude next season when we're (potentially) playing for a 10-win season and hoping to make it to a major bowl game. All we're going to hear this summer is that the SEC is down, the conference is no longer dominant, etc. All of that talk WILL sway the public perception (and the poll voters) and you can forget about any bump we might get for playing in the toughest division of the toughest conference. The SEC's streak ending only hurts us.

This is not true; anyone who tries to make the argument the SEC isn't the strongest conference in the country will be laughed off the set, just as in any other year. If you're going to make the argument they aren't the strongest anymore because now they've only won SEVEN of the last 8 titles, then you're a moron (not directing that at you, TXDawg, I know that's not what you're saying). If anything, last night proved once again just how good the SEC is. Auburn has looked simply decent at times this year, struggled to win a couple of games, lost one, and only looked like maybe the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference, yet outplayed media darling FSU for most of the night and had a great chance to win that game.

If it's not the SEC, then who is it? FSU won, so is it the ACC? LOL...no one can make that argument. We will continue to get a bump by being in the SEC.

coastdoglover
01-07-2014, 12:17 PM
You are misinformed. Slive gets the million dollar bonus for 2 teams from the SEC being in BCS bowl games. That brings his package to over 2 million a year for the past 7 years.

Slime won't get his Million dollar bonus this year.

Anyone who doesn't understand how that hurts MSU.....just remember the crap when Auburn bought Cam Newton and the BS Slime gave MSU. Prostitution...comes to mind.