PDA

View Full Version : SEC offices in Alabama- Auburn-Bama going for 5th straight title

Coach34
01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
coincidence?

Drugdog
01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I say nay nay.

Coach34
01-06-2014, 10:47 PM
180K for a QB? No problem
Weightlifting coach caught giving players money? Mike Slive say no big deal

SEC is on its way to becoming a Billion dollar conference

National Titles bitches

Drugdog
01-06-2014, 10:52 PM
$500 discount for a car? Go to jail bubba.

Goat Holder
01-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Nope. They've always been there, never helped before. Quite simply, the AL schools care more about football and are united enough to do what it takes.

We ain't.

civilengineerdog
01-06-2014, 10:55 PM
won the national title?

Coach34
01-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Nope. They've always been there, never helped before. Quite simply, the AL schools care more about football and are united enough to do what it takes.

We ain't.

They never had Mike Slive pulling the strings before. Kramer let schools turn the other in- Slive put a stop to all that shit. Big damn difference

AROB44
01-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Wasn't the office in Jackson MS until 64

Don't think it has ever been in Mississippi.

Goat Holder
01-07-2014, 11:01 AM
We f*cked ourselves with our probation. Bottom line. Had the whole MSU 'machine' been united, it never happens, Devinner or not.

Who cares what Auburn did with Newton, it didn't affect us. We were going to pay him too.

Only bunch we should be concerned about is Ole Miss. They are the ones who go out of their way to f*ck us, not the SEC. If we rise up and start contending for titles, then Alabama likely will come after us, just like they did Auburn, Texas A&M and really FSU. Those flagship schools are a vindictive bunch.

TUSK
01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
either that or better talent, better coaches, more money and a more passionate fanbase...

put me down for "B"...

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
either that or better talent, better coaches, more money and a more passionate fanbase...

put me down for "B"...

Better talent: yes, but you don't have a divine right to it.

Coaches: Maybe, many of Auburn's coaches used to coach at MSU, and I think most would agree that our coaching staff is far better now.

More money: Yes

More passionate fanbase: Smaller fanbase, yes, but just as passionate. Remember Saban getting mad at students leaving early?

TUSK
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Better talent: yes, but you don't have a divine right to it.

agreed, recruits can make their own decision as to where to attend school.

Coaches: Maybe, many of Auburn's coaches used to coach at MSU, and I think most would agree that our coaching staff is far better now.

we can agree to disagree here... Auburn may have the best collection of coaching talent in the country... something I commented to an Aubie friend of mine early in the off season...

More money: Yes

More passionate fanbase: Smaller fanbase, yes, but just as passionate. Remember Saban getting mad at students leaving early?

No. Just. Really. No.

to clarify my argument: It's that NCAA football in Alabama is a bigger deal (in state) than elsewhere... I may have been misunderstood...

defiantdog
01-07-2014, 07:16 PM
If college football was played on Sundays instead of Saturdays, every Alabama and Auburn fan would be atheists. At least our fanbase is passionate towards the school and not the persona it creates.

cheewgumm
01-07-2014, 07:22 PM
The $$$ is too much. These silly things like paying for players are of no consequence now.

Ole Miss has learned this.

I wonder in reality if the SEC now is worse than the old Southwest Conference. I'm saying yes, just that Slive hides it. How corrupt that all NCAA complaints have to go through the SEC office...HAHA, that is crazy, but it's lead to the SEC taking over college football....so brilliant really.

180K for a QB? No problem
Weightlifting coach caught giving players money? Mike Slive say no big deal

SEC is on its way to becoming a Billion dollar conference

National Titles bitches

TUSK
01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
exactly my point, Defiant... when 100k show up for a spring game, ya spend big money, people get married before home games, homicide, and other off-the-wall, white trash, redneck hobbies become intertwined with the EB, yall get back to me...

sad, actually....

Coach34
01-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Auburn has what- 5 former State coaches on its staff right now? Their staff is solid but it's not stellar overall. Our defensive staff right now is a better group for sure. I dont think there was a defensive stat in which Auburn was better than State this year except sacks.

What is stellar though is Malzahn and his imagination.

TUSK
01-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I think Ellis is under-rated, Coach... or maybe I'm just still in love with him for Bama's 37th NC from back in '92, though....

defiantdog
01-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Ellis Johnson is a great coach.... he'll be gone in a year or two though. He doesn't stick around much. But I honestly think our defensive coaching staff did a better job throughout the season. We had a bunch of three stars looking like NFL prospects by the end of the year

TUSK
01-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I def agree on EJ... This is THE cat, though... http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rodney_garner_833440.html

He's in the "Ronnie Cottrell HOF"

as a Bammer, I'd love to have EJ, RG and CH on the staff.

Coach34
01-07-2014, 08:47 PM
But Bammer and Auburn have always loved football religiously. That didnt just happen.

The difference is Mike Slive and his control over the conference. Iron Mike has really taken hold of the conference and eliminated alot of the problems that plagued it for years. Not letting SEC schools squeal on each other has elevated this conference like no nothing else could have.

bully99
01-07-2014, 09:56 PM
The SEC headquarters were located in Jackson Mississippi from 1940-1948. Downtown in the Standard Life Building. It was actually the first headquarters, because there wasn't any for the first few year's of the conference. They moved to Birmingham in 1948.

Pollodawg
01-08-2014, 01:31 AM
I actually kind of agree with Tusk in some of what he says. I have spent a lot of time in Birmingham over the last five years. People eat, sleep, and breathe Alabama/Auburn over there. They have the kind of fans that poison trees and shoot each other. State and Mississippi have the kind of fans that train their dogs to shit in the opponent's yard. There is less interest in college football in general here than there is there.