PDA

View Full Version : I ask you MSU fans....

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Why not us?

Throw out history, throw out dead indians, and just look at the play on the field. Look how close we played Auburn and Bama, and tell me, "WHY NOT US?"

Get your head out of your ass, and lets win some football games in 2014!

SDDawg
01-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Why not us?

Throw out history, throw out dead indians, and just look at the play on the field. Look how close we played Auburn and Bama, and tell me, "WHY NOT US?"

Other than the "Poor Ole State" mentality that affects about 80% of our fan base, there's not a reason in the world to not expect more this year. I'm more excited about State next year than I have been in the last 15+ years.

cheewgumm
01-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Most of our fans think we should expect 6-6....7-5....8-4. We argued most of the year about what expectations should be.

Bully13
01-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Why not us?

Coach34
01-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Why not us?

We will be good enough defensively in 2014 to win the SEC

Will we have good luck?
Can we avoid injuries to key players?
Can our WR's beat other top team's DB's for some easy scores?
Can we run the ball when we need to like Auburn has this year?

Those answers to those questions will determine how we end up

Red Sox Dawg
01-06-2014, 11:22 PM

Will we have good luck?

I would add can we shore up and improve special teams especially the kicking game?
Hard to win consistently without good special teams and good kicking.
If our OL improves as much next year as our DL did this year and we improve special teams we can have a pretty good year. That's a lot to improve, but it can be done.

HoopsDawg
01-06-2014, 11:27 PM
We are three players away but there's nothing that can be done now.

TaleofTwoDogs
01-07-2014, 12:39 AM
against the elite teams you have to be deep enough to pound for 4 quarters. Can the 2014 team do it, not sure, but it would be sweet if the mental toughness and motivation was there to carry them throughout the season.

SPMT
01-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Despite what Mullen has done, he's our weakness in many ways. Kind of like another Les Miles type except Miles has had better overall talent. Currently Mullen hasn't shown he can in game coach with the big boys not coach special tems worth a damn.

DownwardDawg
01-07-2014, 08:33 AM
I think 8-9 wins is our ceiling unless we do something about special teams. It will take a drastic improvement on special teams to win 10 or more.

Political Hack
01-07-2014, 09:21 AM
clearly it's the Indians.

rabbitthedawg
01-07-2014, 09:32 AM

Will we have good luck?

I think "Luck" has as much to winning a national championship as anything. Of course injuries are part of the equation, but after watching Auburn this year, it makes me realize that State or Ole Miss for that matter is not that far from running the table. If Mullen can get them on a roll and State wins the first three and manages to go to Baton Rouge and win one down there, it may create enough confidence for it to keep going. You would think the law of averages are about to be in State's favor going to Baton Rouge! Just sayin...

Coach34
01-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Despite what Mullen has done, he's our weakness in many ways. Kind of like another Les Miles type except Miles has had better overall talent. Currently Mullen hasn't shown he can in game coach with the big boys not coach special tems worth a damn.

I'm gonna disagree here. I think Mullen has more than shown he can coach with the big boys. He has taken lesser teams and taken much more talented teams to the brink- he just hasnt recruited well enough at WR to get some easy points to allow him to get over the hump.

Mullen called the play that sprung Vick Ballard free vs UPig in 2010- what Mullen didnt do was tell Ballard to fumble the ball out of the end zone
Mullen called the pass play vs LSU in 2009 that was wide ass open- Mullen didnt play a part of Chad Jones making one of the best defensive plays you will ever see
Mullen called the play to get the ball outside on the option to Dixon vs LSU in 2009- but didnt tell Tyson Lee to cut the ball up if he thought he saw some daylight.
Mullen called the play that got Relf one on one with an Auburn defender in 2011- and that was the only time in 3 years I remember Relf getting stuffed one on one in 3 years as QB.

Miles is an Idiot Savant
Saban has had more than a few FG blunders over the years
Georgia fans question Richt on a daily basis

We just havent made that one play to get us over the hump in a big game when we have had the chance

justwin
01-07-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't it's a problem of Msu fans believing. For the most part, Msu fans know their stuff and have bought in, but more of the coaches fixing the glaring mistakes like using the appropriate rb & st coach...something that msu fans can diagnose in a healthy manner. Give Mullen credit tho, he has shown to be willing to fix what's needed.

QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;115066]Why not us?

Get your head out of your ass, and lets win some football games in 2014![/QUOTE]