PDA

View Full Version : Weather question about the game today in Green Bay

Bully13
01-05-2014, 09:05 PM
how do the players not get frost bite in those conditions? I saw lots of bare arms. I'm sure many were without hand protection too.

I thought that weather was the kind that could cause frost bite within 15-20 minutes of exposure.

those were some tough SOB'S out there today. I don't see how in the hell they did that.

dawgs
01-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Well they were standing in front of jet heaters and had on hug warm coats every time they stepped off the field.

TheRef
01-05-2014, 09:11 PM
The NFL has a protocol (I believe) for extreme cold conditions that specify that each player shall be given enough clothes to keep them from frostbite and they have plenty of jet heaters to keep them warmish on the sideline.

Bully13
01-05-2014, 09:38 PM
The NFL has a protocol (I believe) for extreme cold conditions that specify that each player shall be given enough clothes to keep them from frostbite and they have plenty of jet heaters to keep them warmish on the sideline.

ok, so since the way football works, they usually don't spend more than 20 minutes off the sidelines at a time... 7-8 minute drives are normally the max and that's not going to be more than 20 minutes total time

makes sense, thanks

Harrydawg
01-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Ray Lewis said something today about getting "greased up" before playing in super cold temps.......

Not sure what he meant but I assumed it had something to do with his skin......

FISHDAWG
01-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Ray Lewis said something today about getting "greased up" before playing in super cold temps.......

Not sure what he meant but I assumed it had something to do with his skin......

ha - in high school during my sophomore year when I didn't play much we were playing Petal - the temps were in the mid twenties and those of us who weren't playing in the game were freezing our butts off - at halftime we got the bright idea to rub Balm (kinda like Bengay) artificial heat on our exposed skin ....... a word of warning- never, ever try such an idiotic idea like that ... if that is "greased" we obviously didn't do it right