PDA

View Full Version : MSU 2013 Wrap Up from my perspective.....

Willn1
01-05-2014, 08:05 PM
On the morning of NYE prior to the Liberty Bowl, I found myself fairly happy with our program. After facing the all the adversity (i.e. injuries, schedule, etc) my Bulldogs had found a way to go 6-6 and make it to a fourth consecutive bowl game. However, I was most happy about beating Umiss in the Egg Bowl. I was shocked and confused why that game had given me the most joy. I had to ask myself if the Umiss fans were correct in saying that "the Egg Bowl means more to MSU fans than Umiss fans?"

The answer is obviously and resoundingly NO!

MSU fans don't storm the field after beating Umiss.
MSU fans don't make up excuses like "we don't care about beating UMiss" after we lose.
MSU fans don't create other "true rivals" after losing to UMiss to justify why we lost.
When we do lose we take out beating and prepare for "next year" like a true sports fan should instead of making lame excuses.

However, what I do realize is that it is a RELIEF to beat Umiss. It is a relief so that we don't have to hear their pompous mouths for 364 days talking about how superior they are to us. They look down their snobby nose at "Starkpatch" and "the Necks in Starkville" Rhetoric that can't be backed on any metric. Umiss has NEVER been to the SEC championship game in football. Umiss has never been to the Final Four in basketball. The last time they have been to the World Series in baseball is 1972. Their athletic programs are the epitome of failure and underachievement, yet they somehow feel they are superior to MSU. Maybe it's the money. According to USA Today 2012 Athletic Revenues......

(38.) Mississippi State: $69,828,880 in revenue; $67,926,160 in expenses

(51.) Ole Miss: $51,858,993 in revenue; $51,708,064 in expenses

Nope, can't be the money.

Facilities? Let's see
TadPad vs. Hump. Winner Hump.
Swayze Field vs. Dudy Noble. Winner Dudy Noble.
Vaugh-Hemingway vs. Davis Wade. Well VH is bigger.....wait. RENOVATION...winner Davis Wade.

On field football performance?

Last 5 years

MSU 36-28 (16-24 in the SEC) 4-1 vs. Umiss 4 Bowl Games
Umiss 31-32 (11-29 in the SEC) 1-4 vs. MSU 3 Bowl Games

Last 10 years

MSU 57-67 (26-54 in the SEC) 6-4 vs. Umiss 5 Bowl Games
Umiss 55-68 (22-58 in the SEC) 4-6 vs. MSU 4 Bowl Games

So what's left? Oh, yeah the shared/Non-AP recognized "Championships" from the '60's.

Could THAT be the source of their superiority?

Listening to a fan talking about "Championships" from the '60s is like.....

Listening to a 60 year-old bald-headed man talking about how much hair he had as a teenager.

Listening to a 50 year-old fat man talking about the 6-pack he had in high school.

Listening to a 55 year-old lonely guy talking about all the cheerleaders he dated in high schools.

It's sad, pathetic, irrelevant and rather annoying. If they have nothing else to talk about and have to reach back to almost 60 years ago to brag about something it means they have not accomplished anything since. I present to you Umiss football.

Listening to Umiss fans talk about how superior their program is to MSU is like listening to that neighbor with the smaller house on the smaller lot talking about how much better his property is compared to yours. You get annoyed by it and simply shake your head because you can't understand how he can be so delusional.

Beating Umiss in the Egg Bowl makes me happy not because that game is sooo much more important than any other. It means that for 364 days I get to watch them drop their heads when I walk into a store with my MSU shirt on. It means that we get to reinforce our superiority over them in direct contradiction to their delusion. It means that I don't have to hear from them for about a year and that makes me happy.

preachermatt83
01-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow!! This needs to be posted everywhere. Outstanding!! I mean you nailed it from every direction!

Willn1
01-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Thank you.

Coach34
01-05-2014, 08:31 PM
helluva 2nd post dude

Political Hack
01-05-2014, 08:43 PM
I like the new guy.

Coach 57
01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Man give this guy a bump! Hey I LOVE it!

OldFatDog
01-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Great post. Just don't be dogging 50 year old fat men.

Bully13
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm 50 with bigger than needbe wastline as well. But we're not wasting other people's time about how we looked 30 yrs ago because it would be uhh, irrelevant.

Great Post, can we cut and paste and share with the pack?...naw, on 2nd thought, they'll come over and take it anyway...won't hurt, this post needs to be shared with all though...good 'en.

Willn1
01-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to post it anywhere you see fit.

P.S. No disrespect meant to the 50 year-olds with larger waist lines. My six pack is well hidden underneath some excess fat as well. WELL hidden. :)

I'm 50 with bigger than needbe wastline as well. But we're not wasting other people's time about how we looked 30 yrs ago because it would be uhh, irrelevant.

Great Post, can we cut and paste and share with the pack?...naw, on 2nd thought, they'll come over and take it anyway...won't hurt, this post needs to be shared with all though...good 'en.

Barking 13
01-06-2014, 09:53 AM
hat's off to ya.. I feel the same way...

35 years ago, I'd be dancing on the roof of the Pike house...