PDA

View Full Version : Have we ever had a QB situation as good as ours is now?

messageboardsuperhero
01-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Prescott- Jr.
Williams- So.
Fitgerald/Staley- Fr.

You have to love where we're at right now at that position- really, it should be very good for years to come.

And how about the way that Mullen and Koenning have developed the QBs (especially the mobile ones)? What they did by making Relf a solid SEC QB was a minor miracle itself, but they've also done a great job with Prescott- not to mention getting Williams up to speed in his first year.

It's really nice to have a good feeling about the future of a position that has always been a weak point at Mississippi State. The best part is that Mullen has started to "get it" when it comes to going after running QBs for his offense- expect that to be a trademark here for the rest of Mullen's tenure.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Prescott- Jr.
Williams- So.
Fitgerald/Staley- Fr.

You have to love where we're at right now at that position- really, it should be very good for years to come.

And how about the way that Mullen and Koenning have developed the QBs (especially the mobile ones)? What they did by making Relf a solid SEC QB was a minor miracle itself, but they've also done a great job with Prescott- not to mention getting Williams up to speed in his first year.

It's really nice to have a good feeling about the future of a position that has always been a weak point at Mississippi State. The best part is that Mullen has started to "get it" when it comes to going after running QBs for his offense- expect that to be a trademark here for the rest of Mullen's tenure.

No, we have even had numerous years where the starter wasn't as talented as Wililams was this year.

justwin
01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Of course not...imagine if Cord would've showed up

Prescott- Jr.
Williams- So.
Fitgerald/Staley- Fr.

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Just went and looked it up. Madkin threw for 6,336 yards, 34 TDs and 35 Ints. I take it back. That is a very "meh" career. Relf was every bit as good as Madkin.

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM
So, no. We are better at QB than we have ever been.

Hot Rock
01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
We have four QB's going into next year that any one of them had to play, they could. Oh my, is the wool not getting thick? Plus, the top returning WR in conference with a couple other guys that look very promising? RB's, very good stable there! My goodness, the wool is getting thick!

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 04:21 PM
And look at where Dan has taken us. Dak threw for more yards in 8 starts than Madkin did in a whole season. That's ridiculous from where we were when he got here. QB has not been the problem under Mullen.

cbrunt29
01-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah we're pretty much set at the qb position for the next several years. Many records will be broken.

Sacrifice
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I've only been a state fan since 85 but this is without a doubt the best QB and WR group from top to bottom that I've seen. I remember 10 or 15 years ago wondering if we could complete a forward pass. I've never seen us throwing the ball around this well...

msstate7
01-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Yeah we're pretty much set at the qb position for the next several years. Many records will be broken.

Gotta wonder if we'll lose one of them after this upcoming season. Probably be hard to keep all 3 (Williams, fitz, and staley) if they all are good players

Martianlander
01-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Gotta wonder if we'll lose one of them after this upcoming season. Probably be hard to keep all 3 (Williams, fitz, and staley) if they all are good players
Probably will but that is a good problem to have. When you have a lot of talent at one position the ones not getting the playing time tend to take care of themselves.

PassInterference
01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Every QB on our roster is a once a decade type guy under previous head coaches. Mullen and staff have our skill positions looking better than they ever have before. It is obvious at QB.

Top to bottom, I think our RB roster is at its historic best as well.

At WR, I think we've got more depth than ever. But our #1 guys are pretty far behind Eric Moulds, Olanda Truitt, Willie Harris, Jerry Boldin type guys - guys that get open deep, jump out of the stadium, and catch everything in their zip code. However, I'd say J Lewis is clearly the best slot guy we've had.

chainedup_Dawg
01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Spot on...I'm really hoping that with D'runnya steadily getting better this year that he will come out next year with that "just put the ball in the air" type attitude.