PDA

View Full Version : Is Charlie Strong a bad fit for the Texas job? Forde reports, you decide........

Saltydog
01-05-2014, 11:43 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texas--hiring-of-charlie-strong-is-far-from-a-perfect-fit-070303913-ncaaf.html

MetEdDawg
01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I think this is way overblown. Saban doesn't like media obviously, but he runs that show and makes all media members operate on his terms and on his say so. He stays quiet and doesn't reveal much except things that are blatantly obvious.

It's basically the Belichick method and I think that's what Strong is going to do. No nonsense interviews, doesn't reveal a bunch of information, just stays with the status quo. Strong will do fine, but he's going to have to make that program operate the way he wants to and not let Texas try and run him the way they want to run him.

gravedigger
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM
If Forde thinks not, I will take the opposite, just 'cus

bully99
01-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Forde is the same guy who thought Croom was the second coming of Bear. Bryant

bulldawg28
01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Has he even officially taken the job?

HoopsDawg
01-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I can't believe James Franklin may end up back at Vandy especially if Munchak takes the Penn State job. No one has done more with less. Dynamic personality, great recruiter, attacking offense and defense. Manages games well. And the Texans were really impressed with his interview.

mic
01-05-2014, 12:40 PM
was going to open the link. Saw it was written by Pat Forde. So I didn't..

Political Hack
01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
was going to open the link. Saw it was written by Pat Forde. So I didn't..

lol. me too. waste of time. the guy is pretty much a microcosm of inaccurate reporting (i.e., trashing people/schools) that has become an acceptable trade.

justwin
01-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Why leave Vandy and the sec? He can & already has won big there. I think he's beaten everyone in the east to date & vandy is an easy sale to recruits. Plus, living in Nashville trumps many other places to live. Always have thought vandy & Msu are sleeping giants and as soon as an offensive minded HC took over the sky would be limit.

I can't believe James Franklin may end up back at Vandy especially if Munchak takes the Penn State job. No one has done more with less. Dynamic personality, great recruiter, attacking offense and defense. Manages games well. And the Texans were really impressed with his interview.

Political Hack
01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Why leave Vandy and the sec? He can & already has won big there. I think he's beaten everyone in the east to date & vandy is an easy sale to recruits. Plus, living in Nashville trumps many other places to live. Always have thought vandy & Msu are sleeping giants and as soon as an offensive minded HC took over the sky would be limit.

Tennessee will eventually return to relevance with the hodge lodge that is the East and once they pay off the 47 football coaches they have under contract right now. When that happens, Vandy goes back to second fiddle on their own State.

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Forde can eat a sack of infected dicks.

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 02:16 PM
And, no, beating a 4-8 UF and 5-7 UT and a UGA team destroyed with injuries doesn't make Vandy good.

msstate7
01-05-2014, 02:18 PM

What has his success at vandy been rewarded with? Music city and bbva. Despite vandys recent success, they still can't sell out stadium. Franklin's losing 8 defensive starters and 5 offensive (including their best player). Franklin has maxed out at vandy IMO. Time to move on...

I seen it dawg
01-05-2014, 02:37 PM
We'll now the chips can start falling. Strong to Texas officially announced by UT. Franklin should hope Munchak doesn't take PSU job. It would slow the college domino train down significantly.

mic
01-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Louisville should do a double presser tomorrow.. Announce Strong has left for Texas and they just hired Franklin..

gravedigger
01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
After further review and reading the article he's saying that Strong's insular nature will come into conflict with the expectation of Texas media and boosters that expect him to be all access.

I'd say that is selling strong short. My guess is he's negotiated what is acceptable and what is not. I also believe he gets the whole expectation thing with fans and will not crumble. In the end strong will do what Mack wouldn't : tell Texas supporters to sit down and shut up if they don't like his style.

Strong will be just fine. He's no where near as weak as Forde is suggesting.

Goat Holder
01-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Hell yes. It's been discussed ad nauseam in the other thread, Forde article included. He may not completely suck, but I don't see him winning big there. He'll be disgruntled in 3 years, book it.