PDA

View Full Version : Your 9th top rated QB in the nation is....

FlabLoser
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Dak.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

dawgoneyall
01-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Wallace #1 ?

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Good post. It's easy to write this off, but look at the names before and around Dak. This is legit list and offers a good indication of how good Dak can be.

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Wallace #1 ?
28th actually. So dak is three times as good.

WinningIsRelentless
01-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Look at all our loses and were their qbs rank

RougeDawg
01-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Don't let Matt Stevens see these rankings. He says Dak has no chance to be in Heisman discussion and he will most likely vote Marshall as first Team All SEC next year.

justwin
01-05-2014, 02:58 PM
This is all well and good, but would love to see it translate to SEC wins. If I were to rank the top 3 MSU qbs over last 20 years..

#1 Madkin - 6 SEC wins in 1999 [USC, Vandy, Aub, LSU, KY, TSUN]
#2 Relf - 4 SEC wins in 2010 [Jorga, Gators, UK, TSUN]
#3 Tyler - 4 SEC wins in 2012 [Aub, KY, UT, Ark]

Even though we have Dak two more years, we all know it's really just next year due to the MSU senior QB curse (kidding).

Can Dak get us & Saint Mullen 6 or more SEC wins next year and become #1 on the above list?

@ LSU - this is the only game I really plan to see anymore. I've seen MSU beat every other SEC team except this one. Lot's of reasons why we can win. I'm kind of glad we don't open SEC with Auburn. Win this one and it becomes Saint Mullen's #1 signature MSU win supplanting the UF win where he beat his boss on his turf.
TXAM - they'll be loaded and Sumlin knows offense, but at home.
Aub - year 2 under Gus will be just as hard.
@ UK - always a close game on the scoreboard
Ark - they'll be in a bowl next year, but at home and we've beaten them 2 years in a row which has to be a record.
@ Bama - new QB, but whoever that QB is will have had all season to mature. Norwood, arguably their most clutch player, graduates to the NFL this year. Coaches & players just need to relax and play them & quit playing the name on the jersey. Bama can be beat if you complete downfield passes on them...ask Garcia & USC a few years ago, Johnny fball last two years, Gus last year and 2 years ago, and lil' Brees of Oklahoma last week. Those Bama CBs squat year and year out under Nick and are aggressive which has to be a WR's dream.
Vandy - not the vandy of old
@ TSUN - rival on the road.

To me, what has to happen to win 6 of those..
#1. Find a kicker that can make 95% of FGs within 42 yards. We don't need a big leg, but just a guy who can make all the gimmes like DePasquale
#2. Find RT in the spring. Besides RT, the rest of the OL should be two deep and capable.
#3. Get the outside WRs in the endzone as much as possible first 3 games next year to gain confidence for LSU and beyond. Some combo of De'Runnya, Morrow, RoJo (amazing his didn't score once in 2013), Ross, Christy need to score 7+ tds total in those games. All of those guys desperately need to work on making and coming out of breaks (talking to you Gonzales). For the most part, all of them (especially Morrow) are clueless on how to juke the guy in front of them for separation and run so many "banana" (those of you who played WR know what I mean) routes that fake no one. People get pissed off at Morrow, but I can't recall us throwing him too many jump balls into the endzone over the last 2 years...just need to put that guy in the best position possible to make a play and he would be my redzone speciality...same w DeRunnya & Rufus Warren. My pipe dream would be a "BIG" redzone package of Morrow, Wilson, Rufus on one end of the line and Chris Jones on the other end and have 4 jump ball options available. Can you imagine how great of a sale that would be to a recruit if Chris Jones scored an offensive TD?

Don't change a thing on defense. Just pay Collins and let him do his thing.

Dak.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Speaking of Bama, why don't we use that entire week to run HUNH? Hell, they can't stop it.

Coach34
01-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Any list with Madkin on top is worthless. How many of those 1999 wins did we have to take him out and put Wyatt in so we could win the game?

justwin
01-05-2014, 03:19 PM
so true. just scratch out Madkin and put 1999 MSU QB due to the qb carousel that year. Just goes to show how bad the QB play has been until Mullen.

Any list with Madkin on top is worthless. How many of those 1999 wins did we have to take him out and put Wyatt in so we could win the game?

justwin
01-05-2014, 03:20 PM
amen

Speaking of Bama, why don't we use that entire week to run HUNH? Hell, they can't stop it.

dawgoneyall
01-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Auburn and Ky for sure.

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Meh, Madkin was ok. He does hold the all time, total yards here for a QB I believe. Didn't he throw more around 7k in his career? And wasn't he also a huge part of us playing in Atlanta in 1998?

msstate7
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Meh, Madkin was ok. He does hold the all time, total yards here for a QB I believe. Didn't he throw more around 7k in his career? And wasn't he also a huge part of us playing in Atlanta in 1998?

Made some huge plays at the end of the Arkansas game that year. 3rd and 18, 4th and 18, etc

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 04:49 PM
It blows my mind that, looking at his career states, he was the best we had for years. And I say that with all manner of love in my heart for the man. I am just saying....