PDA

View Full Version : I love OM fans- one of 1st quotes after Moncrief announces I see is...

Coach34
01-05-2014, 12:33 AM
"Wide receiver is by far our deepest position and we won't really hurt much from this"

Thick
01-05-2014, 12:44 AM
It's true...."Ignorance is bliss"!!

ScottH
01-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Being that Wallace has a rag arm and can't throw the deep ball there may some accidental truth buried in there.

I seen it dawg
01-05-2014, 10:16 AM
"Wide receiver is by far our deepest position and we won't really hurt much from this"

That has to make Moncrief feel good. I wasn't their best WR just another guy.

Dallas_Dawg
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
One of my FB "friends" say, we don't need moncrief to beat State next year anyway. If we didn't have injuries to key starters and Bro dealing with flu, would have beaten them easily this year...
#delusion. #denial. #pathetic

msstate7
01-05-2014, 02:12 PM
One of my FB "friends" say, we don't need moncrief to beat State next year anyway. If we didn't have injuries to key starters and Bro dealing with flu, would have beaten them easily this year...
Are they really this stupid? We were without the #9 espn rated qb for 50 minutes of a 60 minute game. After he entered, dak had 145 yards of total offense. If he played whole game, we'd have whipped them.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM

This reminds me of when they said they wouldn't miss Mike Wallace b/c they were so deep at WR.

Or when they referred to Oher as their 3rd best linemen.

Todd4State
01-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Are they really this stupid? We were without the #9 espn rated qb for 50 minutes of a 60 minute game. After he entered, dak had 145 yards of total offense. If he played whole game, we'd have whipped them.

Short answer- yes.

Todd4State
01-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Moncreif would have been dumb to come back. Bo's arm isn't going to get any better and he's going to be facing everyone's best CB. I think he saw in the last few games this year what his senior year would have been like, and that's only going to lead to his draft stock dropping.

Pollodawg
01-05-2014, 02:52 PM
That reaction is basically a 17 you for leaving.

SignalToNoise
01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Along these same lines, after Aaron Morris got hurt and was out for the year, Bruce Feldman tweeted something about how it will hurt to lose their best lineman. Some bear twerp replied saying "He is about our 3rd best lineman." Feldman responded with "Someone that knows a lot more than you said he is, so I will go with that."

justwin
01-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Had a feeling he would be the best college player of the 2010 dandy dozen....perfect body, hands, demeanor for an outside WR.

If I had to rank the 2010 Dandy so far...

Moncrief - above
Prewitt - went where he could play immediately. gets more hype than he deserves
CJ Johnson - avg to below avg SEC DL. OM clueless how to play him as a LB and couldn't crack the 2 deep on a depleted LB roster as a true fr, but has played alot.
Zach Jackson - decent career thus far. probably should've stayed at safety.
Aaron Morris - decent career thus far. ballooned up to 370lbs due to the stellar OM offseason program. in jeopardy of ending his career early due to a knee and overweight
Whitehead - has played alot for Aub, but gets picked on alot and gives up a bunch of plays
Dee Arrington - an afterthought in the MSU secondary.
Senquez Golson - biggest dupe job in last decade by OM. Supposedly (according to OM) had 6 figure $ baseball money, but couldn't crack the OM baseball lineup and avg career thus far in fball.
Snoop Brassell - overhyped talent. The one season he did play, he was just ok, but not a gamechanger by any means
Tobias Manning - probably still keeping it real in Jackson
Faciane - knee injury
Marcus Mayers - who?

Johnson85
01-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Had a feeling he would be the best college player of the 2010 dandy dozen....perfect body, hands, demeanor for an outside WR.

If I had to rank the 2010 Dandy so far...

Moncrief - above Clearly the best
Prewitt - went where he could play immediately. gets more hype than he deserves Haven't watched him enough to know; he doesn't seem that great when I watch him, but he definitely seems to make plays
CJ Johnson - avg to below avg SEC DL. OM clueless how to play him as a LB and couldn't crack the 2 deep on a depleted LB roster as a true fr, but has played alot. I thought he looked pretty good as a DE early on and was going to be a good if not great DE if he stayed healthy; probably a bad sign for OM that he couldn't keep his weight down enough to stay at LB. Doesn't look liek a Kimdeechee or Chris Jones situation where it would take something exceptional to keep them from moving to a 'bigger' position
Zach Jackson - decent career thus far. probably should've stayed at safety.
Aaron Morris - decent career thus far. ballooned up to 370lbs due to the stellar OM offseason program. in jeopardy of ending his career early due to a knee and overweight
Whitehead - has played alot for Aub, but gets picked on alot and gives up a bunch of plays
Dee Arrington - an afterthought in the MSU secondary.
Senquez Golson - biggest dupe job in last decade by OM. Supposedly (according to OM) had 6 figure $ baseball money, but couldn't crack the OM baseball lineup and avg career thus far in fball.
Snoop Brassell - overhyped talent. The one season he did play, he was just ok, but not a gamechanger by any means
Tobias Manning - probably still keeping it real in Jackson
Faciane - knee injury
Marcus Mayers - who?

asdf

FISHDAWG
01-06-2014, 10:31 AM

shameful that they won't support and encourage a player of their own who helped to pull them out of the funk they were in when he signed with them .... Speaks, Epps, and every one of their recruits should take note

Goat Holder
01-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Losing Moncrief is going to be a killer for them. He comes down with balls that other guys can't. He has a knack for getting open, making the clutch plays, and finding first down markers. That's a big reason why their offense works, is because they had multiple options. I'm really ready for Sanders to leave too, he's been a playmaker for them.

Big thing too is that they are not only losing Moncrief, but also Ja-Mes Logan.

thunderclap
01-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Spurlock for Heisman

Jack Lambert
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM

If we are healthy next year we will beat them again. Our guys just want it more and we have Mullen to thank for that.

Goat Holder
01-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Our guys just want it more and we have Mullen to thank for that.

That wasn't the case last year. Same site that we'll be playing the egg bowl in 2014. And coming off a win.

At some point we're going to have to climb out of 'wanting it more' and start beating them because we're better. Best example of that was 2010, but they weren't as good then as they are now. And it was still a close game at the end.

smootness
01-06-2014, 02:32 PM
That wasn't the case last year. Same site that we'll be playing the egg bowl in 2014. And coming off a win.

At some point we're going to have to climb out of 'wanting it more' and start beating them because we're better. Best example of that was 2010, but they weren't as good then as they are now. And it was still a close game at the end.

Uh, most of the time we do beat them because we're better. The 'wanting it more' is just an excuse by them, don't let that fool you. We won this year because our defense was the best unit on the field and Dak showed up at the right time, not because we 'wanted it more'.

And we'll be better than them next year.

smootness
01-06-2014, 02:40 PM
In regard to the quote in the OP, how is WR their deepest position anyway?

Next year they'll have:

Treadwell
Sanders
Collins Moore?
Adeboyejo
Trey Bledsoe
Pack
Dayall Harris?

Mireles and Derrick Jones are both now on defense.

I mean, that is not a deep group at all. We will definitely have more overall talent at WR next year than they will.

RougeDawg
01-06-2014, 04:02 PM
In regard to the quote in the OP, how is WR their deepest position anyway?

Next year they'll have:

Treadwell
Sanders
Collins Moore?
Adeboyejo
Trey Bledsoe
Pack
Dayall Harris?

Mireles and Derrick Jones are both now on defense.

I mean, that is not a deep group at all. We will definitely have more overall talent at WR next year than they will.

Dumb delusional denial is the only way they can sleep at night. They are always better than us in everything, in their simple delusional brains.