PDA

View Full Version : Moncrief gone

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 11:08 PM
ruh row

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 4m
Ole Miss just announced that Donte Moncrief is turning pro.

bully99
01-04-2014, 11:09 PM
No surprise there.

msstate7
01-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Cody prewitt should join him

Statecoachingblows**
01-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Not enough money in oxford? I'm shocked! Oxford is the greatest campus ever created what is he thinking? Once he goes pro all the money earned will come with expected wins and those wins need to be on game day not just via fax machine

defiantdog
01-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Cody prewitt should join him
I don't think he would get drafted before the 3rd round honestly.... Moncrief is a strong second rounder though

HoopsDawg
01-04-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't get the Cody Prewit love. I assume he received all of the accolades b/c of his INT numbers. When I watch him play, I see a guy who struggles in space. Not only in coverage, but in tackling as well. He's a nice player, but not someone who I think of as an elite safety.

As for Moncrief, I wonder if the Bears will move Paidwell out wide.

msstate7
01-04-2014, 11:34 PM
I don't get the Cody Prewit love. I assume he received all of the accolades b/c of his INT numbers. When I watch him play, I see a guy who struggles in space. Not only in coverage, but in tackling as well. He's a nice player, but not someone who I think of as an elite safety.

I like prewitt. He's an enforcer in their secondary and he gets turnovers. Prewitt reminds me of pre-injury Whitley. I don't know how well prewitts game translates in pros, but he's really good in college IMO

defiantdog
01-04-2014, 11:40 PM
I like prewitt. He's an enforcer in their secondary and he gets turnovers. Prewitt reminds me of pre-injury Whitley. I don't know how well prewitts game translates in pros, but he's really good in college IMO

A pre-injury Whitley ran a solid 4.4 and would hit people out of game. Prewitt was great at wrapping up a player but he never had elite speed to cover any deep threats.

Bully Dee Williams
01-04-2014, 11:41 PM
My question...did they feed Moncief before he left?

TheRef
01-04-2014, 11:42 PM

He got fed a k-ration

PassInterference
01-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Bo Wallace's arm is a wet noodle. He's got not much strength an it is not going to get any better. Moncrief wasn't much of a downfield threat this year because 1) Bo couldn't throw downfield with any zip, and 2) teams could double him and not worry about Treadwell catching short routes.

And let's not forget the more important thing - Hugh Freeze's staff doesn't develop players much. Name more than a couple guys who have gotten significantly better over there. There aren't any.

And let's not forget that the NCAA commeth.

At MSU, when a player isn't a 1st round or high 2nd round pick, they often stay to another year to get better. This generally has worked and the player improves their draft position and $$$.

At Ole Miss, guys get out as soon as possible. Over there, its all about crootin and hoping the next world-beater falls in their lap.

At MSU, Mullen talks about continuing to work hard and playing better.

At Ole Miss, its about blaming the staring QB's bad decisions and needing to recruit more depth so they don't get beat again.

MSU is about accountability and improvement.

Ole Miss is about using people for their current abilities (or recruiting contacts), then discarding them to find the next player.

Pretty easy to see how this is shaking out. Every guy over there who is draftable is going to bail. Bank on it.

messageboardsuperhero
01-05-2014, 12:30 AM

Prewitt's not a 1st-team AA caliber saftey like the media voted him (mind you, this is the same media who put Denzel Nkemdiche on the All-SEC team this year), but he is very good. He's improved A LOT since his freshman year there.

They better move Treadwell outside- his talents are not being fully utilized by catching 5 bubble screens/game, IMO.

Todd4State
01-05-2014, 12:54 AM
A pre-injury Whitley ran a solid 4.4 and would hit people out of game. Prewitt was great at wrapping up a player but he never had elite speed to cover any deep threats.

I think Prewitt will be a LB in the NFL. But he needs to add some weight to do that.

Todd4State
01-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Prewitt's not a 1st-team AA caliber saftey like the media voted him (mind you, this is the same media who put Denzel Nkemdiche on the All-SEC team this year), but he is very good. He's improved A LOT since his freshman year there.

They better move Treadwell outside- his talents are not being fully utilized by catching 5 bubble screens/game, IMO.

Actually, I wonder if moving Treadwell outside will mean less catches for him and more catches for whomever they use in the slot- I guess that would be Pack? Moving him outside also means that the other teams top corner is going to be on him as opposed to a safety/LB/nickle guy.

messageboardsuperhero
01-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Actually, I wonder if moving Treadwell outside will mean less catches for him and more catches for whomever they use in the slot- I guess that would be Pack? Moving him outside also means that the other teams top corner is going to be on him as opposed to a safety/LB/nickle guy.

He might have fewer catches, but he'd have more yards and could probably stretch the field better than any other receiver on their roster. Honestly, if Freeze continues to call that many WR screens next year, Treadwell's numbers would be easily replaceable- but they'd still need someone to stretch the field.

I just see a receiver of Treadwell's talents as more valuable on the outside than in the slot.

JDog13
01-05-2014, 01:28 AM

I'm guessing he got a belly and pocket full.

RougeDawg
01-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Based on what I observed, I thought he declared after the LSU game. Was basically a non factor at the end of the year.

mic
01-05-2014, 03:03 PM
worse thing about Moncrief turning pro is they will have to retire that awesome Feed Moncrief song..