PDA

View Full Version : Rewatching Liberty Bowl

Statecoachingblows**
01-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Its tough knowing it'll be 8 months until we get to watch these guys again. It is amazing what ending the season on the right note can do. I'm know it's been said on here but going into the offseason with a 3 game winning streak one of those being a win over TSUN (I know they are only OUR rivals) but we crushed their spirit and their bullshit they sell. This is a TEAM they all seem to really give a damn about their teammates and that says something. Happy as hell to see next season arrive! Don't give a damn about the recruiting season, let me know when stars in February grants you an extra W just because! I'd rather see a 3* work his ass off than a 5* think he's owed something! #justsayin #GTHOM #HAILSTATE

The vast majority on here seem like real down to earth folks and for that I am thankful, grateful, and happy to watch the majestic 14 season unfold.

Pollodawg
01-04-2014, 08:31 PM
I see another 2010 next season. I think we will finally get an elusive win against one of the bigboys, maybe an upset at home over a ranked Auburn team. That would be sweet.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I see another 2010 next season. I think we will finally get an elusive win against one of the bigboys, maybe an upset at home over a ranked Auburn team. That would be sweet.

We should be 3-0 going into Baton Rouge next year. Just saying.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 08:38 PM

I think getting LSU early is definitely good.

TheRef
01-04-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm growing enough wool to survive this cold streak we are about to have weather-wise.

Pollodawg
01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
It would be awesome to end the streak.

Statecoachingblows**
01-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Just got to the play where Dak is blocking down field for JROB! Wool growth extended

Dawgtini
01-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I rewatched it today also. I was really impressed with the number of freshmens and redshirt freshmens that played and how well they worked together. Dan is building something special.

War Machine Dawg
01-04-2014, 09:16 PM

The best part is they won't only be replacing Mett, they'll most likely be trying to replace Beckham & Landry. Those 3 singlehandedly kicked our asses this season.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 09:21 PM

If we pull off the unthinkable there, then we have an off week before Texas A&M in Starkville and then we play Auburn in Starkville. Then we have a stretch where we play UK on the road, Arkansas at home and then UT-Martin for HC before Bama on the road. Then we get Vandy at home and then the Egg Bowl on the road.

I doubt we run the table, but 8-4, 9-3 is very doable.

Dawg61
01-04-2014, 09:23 PM
They're also losing Anthony "The Freak" Johnson

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 09:23 PM
The best part is they won't only be replacing Mett, they'll most likely be trying to replace Beckham & Landry. Those 3 singlehandedly kicked our asses this season.

It looked like Montana throwing to Rice and Irvin out there. I hate to say that our defense wasn't that bad in an effort where they gave up 56, but more often than not, we covered them and they made a perfect pass + a circus catch. And then they were able to get Hill involved because they forced us to stay on the field.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 09:24 PM
They're also losing Anthony "The Freak" Johnson

And possibly Ego Ferguson.

Political Hack
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM

It's not out of the question that Jeremy Hill is leaving, but the true freshman they have coming in to replace him may be better than him already regardless. Hill staying may actually help us.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM

Ego has already declared. Possibly Jeremy Hill too and couple of O-linemen. We need to walk in there like we own the place, because it's a game we can definitely win.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2014, 09:30 PM
It's not out of the question that Jeremy Hill is leaving, but the true freshman they have coming in to replace him may be better than him already regardless. Hill staying may actually help us.

Umm, no. Hill was 1st team All-SEC and is a beast. Yes, Fournette is a beast too, but I would rather go against him than Hill who is a full grown man.

msstate7
01-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Ego has already declared. Possibly Jeremy Hill too and couple of O-linemen. We need to walk in there like we own the place, because it's a game we can definitely win.
Dak's gonna be going home. I feel like we're gonna finally get over the lsu hurdle next season.

War Machine Dawg
01-04-2014, 09:36 PM
It looked like Montana throwing to Rice and Irvin out there. I hate to say that our defense wasn't that bad in an effort where they gave up 56, but more often than not, we covered them and they made a perfect pass + a circus catch. And then they were able to get Hill involved because they forced us to stay on the field.

And that's pretty much exactly what I said in that week's Armchair QB. Our DBs would be step-for-step with them, but Mett would make a perfect pass and they'd just jump up and get with our hands all over them. It was one of the damnedest, most impressive things I've seen. There's something about opponents who wear maroon that brings out the best in LSU.

maroonmania
01-04-2014, 09:41 PM

We better start the season 3-0 or we will have to significantly reassess what next season's team can accomplish.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2014, 09:44 PM
We better start the season 3-0 or we will have to significantly reassess what next season's team can accomplish.

That's the only thing I hate about that LSU game, we will not have tested ourselves at all.

Statecoachingblows**
01-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Dak's gonna be going home. I feel like we're gonna finally get over the lsu hurdle next season.

Something about that just seems to put the stars in line I do agree

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Absolutely. USM will be an emotional game, but we should win. I think we will be up for them, and they will also be up for us. Scheduling them first was smart on Byrne/Scott's part. Then we have UAB who has played us close in the past, but again, we should win. Then we have our alumni road trip special to South Alabama.

If there is anything Dan has done that even his biggest critics can't complain about it's beating the teams that we should beat. Even when we have been off- UAB 2010, La Tech 2011, Troy 2012- we still have found a way to win.

Coach34
01-04-2014, 10:22 PM
That's the only thing I hate about that LSU game, we will not have tested ourselves at all.

This is a myth. LSU played crap before they took down Auburn earlier this year. We simply have to be ready to play

Pollodawg
01-04-2014, 10:51 PM
You have to love how when Mett plays the bears, he looks like shit. When he plays us, Peyton damn Manning.

Statecoachingblows**
01-04-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm going against the grain...next year, the past will not play a part whatsoever...new trends and shit