PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest article ever?

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 08:10 PM
I guess this is how trailer trash look at themselves.

http://bamagrad.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/are-you-strong-enough-to-be-our-fan/

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Holding a degree from State and working on a law degree from the Capstone, I do not really think of myself as trailer trash.

ETA: And though I think I get your point, it irks me that State fans stoop to insults like that.

msstate7
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM
You know what's missing in their list of awards? Jim Thorpe. Take that! Haha

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Holding a degree from State and working on a law degree from the Capstone, I do not really think of myself as trailer trash.

ETA: And though I think I get your point, it irks me that State fans stoop to insults like that.

Oh sorry, I find very little wrong with people who actually went to the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. It's just that 95% of the fan base didn't, and that's who this article was written for.

I just find it hilarious that this article would insinuate that there is anything difficult about being an Alabama fan. It actually may be the easiest thing anyone could possibly do.

The life of being a front runner must be so difficult.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM

I want to get a master's from Alabama so I can talk smack at football games.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Oh sorry, I find very little wrong with people who actually went to the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. It's just that 95% of the fan base didn't, and that's who this article was written for.

I just find it hilarious that this article would insinuate that there is anything difficult about being an Alabama fan. It actually may be the easiest thing anyone could possibly do.

Now, THIS is absolutely true. In fact, my friends joke with me all the time about how much less stressful it must be to attend UA games. (And it typically is.) You don't understand suffering until you've cheered for State. Though I imagine when we finally get another high-water mark, it will feel far more glorious.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 08:30 PM

Exactly. This was for all intents and purposes a tough season for them. And they only lost two games.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Now, THIS is absolutely true. In fact, my friends joke with me all the time about how much less stressful it must be to attend UA games. (And it typically is.) You don't understand suffering until you've cheered for State. Though I imagine when we finally get another high-water mark, it will feel far more glorious.

I hate to sound poor ol' MSU fan- but an 11-2 season with a BCS Bowl win = Alabama going 14-0 and winning the National Title. It's just a different set of standards.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 08:36 PM
I hate to sound poor ol' MSU fan- but an 11-2 season with a BCS Bowl win = Alabama going 14-0 and winning the National Title. It's just a different set of standards.

Oh, absolutely. When I said "we finally get another high-water mark," I meant as State fans. If 2014 is a 10+-win season with a big bowl win, I will be beyond elated.

P.S. I don't feel bad cheering for Alabama now, so getting the degree was definitely a good idea.

Pollodawg
01-04-2014, 08:48 PM
bluelightstar, do you consider yourself more of a State or an Alabama fan? It reads like State is def. still the number one with you.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 08:55 PM
bluelightstar, do you consider yourself more of a State or an Alabama fan? It reads like State is def. still the number one with you.

It's not even a question. Nothing compares to Mississippi State

Pollodawg
01-04-2014, 10:04 PM
It's not even a question. Nothing compares to Mississippi State

Good man. lol.