PDA

View Full Version : Vandy is Vandying the game away

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Up by 24 and now it's tied going into the 4th quarter. Unreal.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 04:00 PM
And people thought Vandy was better than us

Will James
01-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Go Cougs. I had to gamble with them in the ED picks

HailState39110
01-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Vandy would have beaten us last yearWe would have taken them this year

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Musta been typing my thread when ya posted but it has been some awful football by Vandy in the 2nd half

BogeyGolfer
01-04-2014, 04:06 PM
And people thought Vandy was better than us

Put us, Vandy and Ole Miss in a hat and shake it up and pull one out and there isn't much difference overall. I know you want believe different but that's reality.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Put us, Vandy and Ole Miss in a hat and shake it up and pull one out and there isn't much difference overall. I know you want believe different but that's reality.

I think both State and Mississippi are better than Vandy this year. Vandy was not great at the end of the year, and had uninspiring performances against Wake Forest and Massachusetts at the end of the year. They even were outgained significantly in their "epic" win in the Swamp.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Completely disagree at this point. Vandy and us may have been similar at the beginning of the year, but, with Dak healthy and the way our defense developed, we would beat them by 10+ now.

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
And Vandy is without their starting qb now too. This true freshman has showed some promise but the starter was much better.

BogeyGolfer
01-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Completely disagree at this point. Vandy and us may have been similar at the beginning of the year, but, with Dak healthy and the way our defense developed, we would beat them by 10+ now.
We are going to have to disagree, they would throw on us and score points.. I do agree that overall our defense is better than Vandy's but I would give a slight edge to their offense... It would be a close game and would go either way... They did beat UGA, UF and TN and I know those teams are down but they still have athletes. At home we probably beat them, away they probably beat us or would be close win like their Ole Miss game.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 04:32 PM
We are going to have to disagree, they would throw on us and score points.. I do agree that overall our defense is better than Vandy's but I would give a slight edge to their offense... It would be a close game and would go either way... They did beat UGA, UF and TN and I know those teams are down but they still have athletes. At home we probably beat them, away they probably beat us or would be close win like their Ole Miss game.

Maybe, I just don't think their offense is in anyway better than ours with a healthy and matured Dak. Sure, I like Jordan Matthews and Kimbrough, but Dak brings such another dimension that Vandy simply can't match. Again, for most of the season, I completely agree that Vanderbilt was as good or even better than us at times, but, with Dak and our defensive development, I just don't see the two team as equals anymore.

bluelightstar
01-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Maybe, I just don't think their offense is in anyway better than ours with a healthy and matured Dak. Sure, I like Jordan Matthews and Kimbrough, but Dak brings such another dimension that Vandy simply can't match. Again, for most of the season, I completely agree that Vanderbilt was as good or even better than us at times, but, with Dak and our defensive development, I just don't see the two team as equals anymore.

Agree with this. By the end of the season, we were definitely better than Vanderbilt.

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Gonna pull this one out. Went to the wildcat and got some tough yards and a td. Then the D stepped up and made some plays. SEC now 7-2. I despise Auburn but for some reason want them to destroy FSU in the title game. Prove the SEC isn't down. UGA was without a qb and others and have stunk it up the latter half of the season. Bama just got smoked by an unreal performance by a freshman qb that hadn't done anything like that the whole year. No excuses there. OU earned every bit of that W

MSUDawg4Life
01-04-2014, 04:49 PM
S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!

Westdawg
01-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Bama lost because Bama decided to play like a Big 12 offense....which they are not accustomed to do. When Bama ran their power run offense last night, they obliterated Oklahoma. But you can't expect a run oriented team to get in a shoot out. Bama left their identity and it resulted in them getting run out of the stadium. They ran so much playaction in that game it was ridiculous. Their LT was annihilated in pass protection. He is used to some PP but not a games worth. He and that whole line are built to RTDF. And they didn't. And they lost according fly.

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 05:11 PM
to me. If he doesn't fumble on the 9 and they score and go up 7, who knows how it turns out. Instead, OU scores then gets a pick and another score and game is on it's way for OU. That QB was out of his mind though.