PDA

View Full Version : OM losing it's recruiting class..

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 09:17 PM
One of there top recruits is gonna be going JUCO, not gonna have the grades. Guess Who?

sbcmortgageman
01-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Taylor?

BeastMan
01-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Laquon Treadwell?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Pack, Buford, Or Taylor?

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Laquon Treadwell?

That's funny! haha

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2014, 09:35 PM
who?

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 09:37 PM
One of there top recruits is gonna be going JUCO, not gonna have the grades. Guess Who?

C'mon...Channing Ward got in...anyone can get in. Lol!

Interested to hear who it is!

msstate7
01-03-2014, 09:44 PM
C'mon...Channing Ward got in...anyone can get in. Lol!

Interested to hear who it is!
Conner didnt even walk with other seniors did he? OM will whoever in no matter what unless it's just beyond hopeless

BeastMan
01-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Ratphuc Hobley? (http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/38362253/Whatever-became-of-Ratphuk-Hobley.aspx)

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 09:56 PM
This one they have already lined up with a JUCO. There is nothing that I can see that OM can do about this one. Oh.. It's been guessed already. #JPS

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 10:05 PM
This one they have already lined up with a JUCO. There is nothing that I can see that OM can do about this one. Oh.. It's been guessed already. #JPS

I would be absolutely shocked if that kid is any where but Oxford come fall kickoff. I just don't see them waving a white flag on him this early.

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Pack, Buford, Or Taylor?

Pack and Buford wouldn't be huge losses. Pack is a slot guy that doesn't seem to have as much speed and burst as some would have you believe. Buford is Kailo 2.0, soft and straight line fast. He doesn't seem to move well.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if that kid is any where but Oxford come fall kickoff. I just don't see them waving a white flag on him this early.

Well, they could send him to Co-Lin and let him get developed and then have a four star in waiting for the 2016 class. See Nick Brassell, Jeremy Liggins, Jerrell Powe, etc.

Thick
01-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Pack and Buford wouldn't be huge losses. Pack is a slot guy that doesn't seem to have as much speed and burst as some would have you believe. Buford is Kailo 2.0, soft and straight line fast.

Pack had several drops in the MS/AL game. I wasn't impressed.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Pack and Buford wouldn't be huge losses. Pack is a slot guy that doesn't seem to have as much speed and burst as some would have you believe. Buford is Kailo 2.0, soft and straight line fast.

I thought Pack was like 6'2" and an outside WR? Buford is an Ole Miss legacy- like Kalio.

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 10:32 PM
I thought Pack was like 6'2" and an outside WR? Buford is an Ole Miss legacy- like Kalio.

With Pack, he could be an outside guy. However, if I'm mistaken, I have heard people say he would probably end up being a slot guy.

engie
01-03-2014, 10:35 PM

Yeah -- and Treadwell visited NWCC on his visits here too.

Let me know when they actually fail to get an elite recruit in under this regime...

engie
01-03-2014, 10:36 PM
With Pack, he could be an outside guy. However, if I'm mistaken, I have heard people say he would probably end up being a slot guy.

"Slot" under Freeze = what Treadwell did this year.

Bothrops
01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Pack is an outside receiver and he later redeemed himself in the all-star game with a couple of big receptions. He's a nice player.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2014, 10:41 PM

Pack is huge; Ive seen him play in person and the kid is fantastic. I really hoped he would go to FSU. He is probably between 6'2" - 6'3" about 205-210; And that is low balling it. He played a lot of RB this year and was a hoss. He is a big outside target. They may put him in the slot for screens and such, but he is not a slot guy.

Their defensive recruiting leaves a lot to be desired if they lose Speaks, but if they keep Epps, they are landing some weapons on offense.

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
"Slot" under Freeze = what Treadwell did this year.

Yeah, this is how some of the OM folks have described it.

Jack Lambert
01-03-2014, 10:47 PM

ONe of those Callaway guys enrolled at Hinds before Christmas. I thought everyone knew that.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Pack measured 6' 1 3/4 187lbs at the Army game this week.

Dawg61
01-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Must be the white boy in the pic with Boner Nkemdiche

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Pack measured 6' 1 3/4 187lbs at the Army game this week.

Man that surprises me about his weight. Height sounds about right.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
ONe of those Callaway guys enrolled at Hinds before Christmas. I thought everyone knew that.

Are you talking about Ronald Walker? I thought he enrolled at Co-Lin?

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 11:01 PM

walker enrolled at CO-LIN. I "thought everyone knew that" Smart Alleck.

yea, so it's not him. Right school though.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Ole Miss will never be a threat if they run everything within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage like they did this year. They no longer concern me. They are going to leave some high level talent wishing they had gone somewhere else because Freeze can't develop players and he uses them wrong. Treadwell could have been a weapon this year, but they bubble screened him to death. What a waste.

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Ole Miss will never be a threat if they run everything within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage like they did this year. They no longer concern me. They are going to leave some high level talent wishing they had gone somewhere else because Freeze can't develop players and he uses them wrong. Treadwell could have been a weapon this year, but they bubble screened him to death. What a waste.

amen!! Treadwell is a freak of nature and if he was used correctly he could be absolutely unstoppable.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 11:19 PM

Do we know if Treadwell can catch it down field though? The one time in the Egg Bowl they tried to throw it to him on a 15 yard route, he dropped it.

ScottH
01-03-2014, 11:20 PM
amen!! Treadwell is a freak of nature and if he was used correctly he could be absolutely unstoppable.

Of all their over hyped talent he is, by far and away, the one I covet the most.

I was shocked this year. I expected him to be a troublemaker. By all accounts he has a great work ethic, he keeps his mouth shut and he produces.

No doubt he'll not only play but probably also thrive in pro ball. He is a PLAYER.

Dawg61
01-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Bo Wallace can't throw the ball farther than 30 yards. His shoulder is destroyed. When he graduates I expect Freeze will throw it deep again. Wallace might lose his job next year.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Ole Miss' biggest offensive problem isn't their scheme. It's the inability of their QB to be able to throw a bee bee more than 5 yards down field.

He throws the deep ball OK, but that's not arm strength, that lobbing the ball up in the air.

Wallace's lack of arm strength is what kills them, and it's not going to be much better next year because the shoulder surgery he had takes away the quick twitch muscle fibers in your shoulder. OM fans will say, "Bo's arm will be much better next year because he can work out all off season." Problem is that working out isn't going to do a ton to fix the quick firing muscles. Bo's arm may be slightly better next season, but as we have seen with many baseball players with shoulder problems, it isn't going to drastically improve. Plus it's not like Bo had a cannon to begin with.

Kinkaid may have a better arm, but he may also lack accuracy, brain power, and instincts. OM has QB problems IMO, no matter what they say. OM's offense is so limited due to Wallace.

AlSwearengen
01-03-2014, 11:49 PM

why all of the secret code/insinuation? At this point, I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about or might be talking about.

Original48
01-03-2014, 11:55 PM
why all of the secret code/insinuation? At this point, I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about or might be talking about.
I'm with Al.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2014, 11:58 PM

He's talkin Rod Taylor.

TexasDawg
01-03-2014, 11:59 PM
I believe he is saying the player who will not quality is Taylor from Callaway

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
He's talkin Rod Taylor.

Thank you! Good Grief whats wrong with these ppl!

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
I believe he is saying the player who will not quality is Taylor from Callaway

yes. Maybe that was clear enough for them.

C222
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM

One of the worst posters here.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 12:05 AM
One of the worst posters here.

is you... you never bring anything to the conversation.. I mean I cant remember one single thing you have ever added to this forum.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 12:06 AM
Ole Miss' biggest offensive problem isn't their scheme. It's the inability of their QB to be able to throw a bee bee more than 5 yards down field.

He throws the deep ball OK, but that's not arm strength, that lobbing the ball up in the air.

Wallace's lack of arm strength is what kills them, and it's not going to be much better next year because the shoulder surgery he had takes away the quick twitch muscle fibers in your shoulder. OM fans will say, "Bo's arm will be much better next year because he can work out all off season." Problem is that working out isn't going to do a ton to fix the quick firing muscles. Bo's arm may be slightly better next season, but as we have seen with many baseball players with shoulder problems, it isn't going to drastically improve. Plus it's not like Bo had a cannon to begin with.

Kinkaid may have a better arm, but he may also lack accuracy, brain power, and instincts. OM has QB problems IMO, no matter what they say. OM's offense is so limited due to Wallace.

This is true, and you are probably going to say that I am nuts- but Ryan Buchanan does have a good arm. Now, his accuracy is off at times. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if he takes over.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 12:08 AM
This is true, and you are probably going to say that I am nuts- but Ryan Buchanan does have a good arm. Now, his accuracy is off at times. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if he takes over.

been waiting on someone to say that.. you are exactly right my friend!

CadaverDawg
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM

If Buchanan takes over, the Bears are in deep doo doo.

And what I mean by that is....If it comes down to Buchanan taking over and playing over Wallace AND Kincade, they will have had some major issues. I would love if we saw Buchanan take over

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 12:12 AM
If Buchanan takes over, the Bears are in deep doo doo

oh but they are.. They are in a mess at QB

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 12:13 AM
If Buchanan takes over, the Bears are in deep doo doo

I'm not sure that it matters that much whichever direction they go. Now, I'm sure they will hit the transfer free agent market and find some kid from California that wants to be closer to his elderly grandma and get him eligible immediately. But until then...

CadaverDawg
01-04-2014, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure that it matters that much whichever direction they go. Now, I'm sure they will hit the transfer free agent market and find some kid from California that wants to be closer to his elderly grandma and get him eligible immediately. But until then...

Haha, now THIS I can see happening. Nick Scheussler may be willing to transfer & play with his bro knedmicjhe.

engie
01-04-2014, 12:47 AM
oh but they are.. They are in a mess at QB

Sunshine and rainbows. This is ridiculous.

Their QB situation is the best it's been in quite awhile -- and the offense is easy as hell for a QB to learn. Kincade has all the potential in the world to excel in that system.

Schultzy
01-04-2014, 12:58 AM
I don't think they're in a bad situation either. I like ours better though.

RougeDawg
01-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Bo Wallace can't throw the ball farther than 30 yards. His shoulder is destroyed. When he graduates I expect Freeze will throw it deep again. Wallace might lose his job next year.

^^^^This^^^ all ****ihg day. Was it really that difficult to see how bad Locks struggled to even get the ball outside to the flats, let alone down the field. He would have to step into the bubble screens and passes in the flats with everything he had. His few passes downfield, were rainbow lollipops (Arkansas game in particular). To this day it is beyonde why/how every team did not see this and defense them the same way we, Mizzou, and Bama defensed them. Pressure the QB and cover the flats, daring them to throw deep. I saw it week 1 but very few teams did it. Go back to my posts from September. That being said, I fully expect every team they play next year to implement this defensive strategy and it will be a long year for OM. Seeing a struggle to go bowling unless a Cam newton type impact player is hidden on their roster/signee list this year.

C222
01-04-2014, 08:32 AM
is you... you never bring anything to the conversation.. I mean I cant remember one single thing you have ever added to this forum.

Go tweet at a recruit or our AD you creep.

sbcmortgageman
01-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Where you getting your info? I haven't heard this.

Jack Lambert
01-04-2014, 09:36 AM

It might have been co- lin. Either way all those Callaway guys are only going to make the signing class look good. They will not see Ole Miss next year and I don't think OLe Miss is going to waste their "get them into school majic" on JPS kids.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 10:10 AM

I agree, he does have a good arm. However, I think one of the things that helps OM's offense is Wallace's ability to run. With Buchanan, you lose that.

For this reason, OM really needs Kinkade to pan out, but until actually plays and shows he can do it, there will be that question mark.

engie
01-04-2014, 10:12 AM
It might have been co- lin. Either way all those Callaway guys are only going to make the signing class look good. They will not see Ole Miss next year and I don't think OLe Miss is going to waste their "get them into school majic" on JPS kids.

So, Ole Miss "isn't going to waste their get them into school majic" on two badasses? Speaks is a frigging monster and arguably the best player in Mississippi this year. IDGAF what anyone thinks -- I've been saying that all year. Then, you REALLY don't think Ole Miss is going to kick ass and take names to get the #2 composite offensive guard IN THE COUNTRY into school -- when they lose 5 of 10 OL on their 2-deep and will be starting and expecting huge things from 2 true sophomores coming off season-ending injuries? A guy that will almost assuredly be in the rotation as a true freshman?

I'm all for painting them in a negative light -- but when you TOTALLY whiff on the truth in order to do it, it comes off ridiculously.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Jesus Christ.

So, Ole Miss "isn't going to waste their get them into school majic" on arguably the 2 best players in Mississippi this year? Speaks is a frigging monster and arguably the best player in Mississippi this year. IDGAF what anyone thinks -- I've been saying that all year. Then, you REALLY don't think Ole Miss is going to kick ass and take names to get the #2 composite offensive guard IN THE COUNTRY into school -- when they lose 5 of 10 OL on their 2-deep and will be starting and expecting huge things from 2 true sophomores coming off season-ending injuries?

They'll do everything they can do, but there are limits. They couldn't get Jeremy Liggins in school till now, and they couldn't even keep Brassell in THEIR school. I agree they will be kissing babies and hell bent on getting these guys in, but we don't know the academic situation of the player in question. It could be hopeless.

MaroonState
01-04-2014, 10:23 AM

Didn't you post awhile back that HUD WOULD be our coach after the season was over?

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Didn't you post awhile back that HUD WOULD be our coach after the season was over?

if Dan lost against OM and Arky.. And He would have been if that had happened to.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Go tweet at a recruit or our AD you creep.

if more ppl would do that we would see stuff get accomplished. The only reason the commercialtron is being addressed is bc the fans tweeted him like crazy..

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Where you getting your info? I haven't heard this.

PM me.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
look, I don't know if this is accurate info or not... All I know is what I was told from someone who has never told me anything that wasn't accurate. I trust him and he has no reason to lie about it. If this turns out to be untrue then I am just going on something that I was told.

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
look, I don't know if this is accurate info or not... All I know is what I was told from someone who has never told me anything that wasn't accurate. I trust him and he has no reason to lie about it. If this turns out to be untrue then I am just going on something that I was told.

In other words, you don't know WTF you are talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

maroonmania
01-04-2014, 02:38 PM
They'll do everything they can do, but there are limits. They couldn't get Jeremy Liggins in school till now, and they couldn't even keep Brassell in THEIR school. I agree they will be kissing babies and hell bent on getting these guys in, but we don't know the academic situation of the player in question. It could be hopeless.

Well Brassell DID get in, guess its a little tougher to convince university professors to just give someone a passing grade no matter what. As far as Liggins, his problems started when he signed with LSU. I would be willing to bet any amount of money that had he signed with OM from the get go his situation would have been taken care of and he WOULD have been eligible.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 02:47 PM
In other words, you don't know WTF you are talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

we shall see very soon .

defiantdog
01-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Rod Taylor may not currently have the grades to get into OM, but I'm almost certain he'll miraculously get into the spin machine. It's what they do....

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Rod Taylor may not currently have the grades to get into OM, but I'm almost certain he'll miraculously get into the spin machine. It's what they do....

I'm pretty sure kids sign with JUCOs every year even though they qualify and never go to the JUCO. It is a sign that the kid may be in danger of not qualifying, but with an entire semester and summer to go, it does not make it a certainty that they can't qualify and are going to JUCO. It's just a fallback plan so they have a spot in case they don't qualify.

AlSwearengen
01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
yeah, it has to be taken care of before they get out of the high school system. From reading b/t the lines over the years, a big reason why so many south panola players end up at olemiss is because their grades won't be adjusted if they sign with bama, lsu, tenn., etc. etc.

If I remember correctly a rb out of memphis a couple of years ago pulled a fast one and committed to auburn after he was supposed to commit to olemiss. An administrator at the high school was an olemiss grad and was being investigated over grade changes. If you added one and one together, the kid told everyone he was going to olemiss and after his grades were put into order, he switched to auburn and took the mustang or charger, whichever one it was.

Of course olemiss is in the middle of everything and I might have my instances crossed, but I think I am remembering correctly.

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Exactly. We don't know their academic status. They may be in great shape to get their grades and all this bullshit we are spewing makes you look like a bumbling idiot. Maybe

defiantdog
01-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Looks like Notre Dame just got Nyles Morgan.... OM isn't grabbing the surprise recruits like they did last year.... interesting

bully99
01-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Some guy committed to "the university of Ohio State ".

quickstrike2
01-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I noticed they said that Morgan was Treadwell's cousin. Ole Miss is real good at putting together connections, ill give them that.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Some guy committed to "the university of Ohio State ".

Did you see the other day when that stud RB committed to LSU he said "I will be spending the next 3 or 4 years at THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY" hahaha

bully99
01-04-2014, 03:32 PM
And couple years ago someone went to the University of Ole Miss,

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 03:41 PM
wasn't it Fedora who at his Introductory press conference at USM said " He was proud to be the coach at Southern Miss. University"... I guess everyone makes mistakes of speech but man some things you just don't do

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Here's my take on the Calloway kids. Speaks and Taylor are gonna be pretty damn good football players in the SEC. We would be happy as Hell if they were on our commit list. Just because they are not doesn't mean we need to dog their shit in crazy unreliable spreading b.s. that probably isn't true fashion. It makes us look bad to me. But that is the beast of MSU posters on message boards. Say congrats to em, move on and get a better player somewhere else. Plus I know we don't have much of a shot at Mr Malik Newman but these guys are his buddies, especially Taylor. So STFU in my opinion.

And as far as the Bears qb situation being a mess?? WTF?? Bo Wallace has started for 2 years in the SEC and will be back for his senior season. He will start and probably break some records there. Devonte Kincade was a very highly rated and sought after recruit last season that we haven't ever seen throw a pass yet some know it alls here say he isn't any good. Same for Buchanan. I've actually seen him play so I kindof agree that he has some work to do to be a SEC player. He is a smart kid and could do the work to be a good qb.

A bunch of you folks need to get a new hobby cause if you think half of what is posted in this thread is in anyway helpful to MSU and recruiting, you are fooling yourselves. We just look like a bunch of sour pusses trying to talk down our rivals recruiting class instead of enjoying our own recruits. Wait, ya'll don't like those either. Ok, I give up then. It's hopeless

bully99
01-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Shepherd Smith? That you?

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Here's my take on the Calloway kids. Speaks and Taylor are gonna be pretty damn good football players in the SEC. We would be happy as Hell if they were on our commit list. Just because they are not doesn't mean we need to dog their shit in crazy unreliable spreading b.s. that probably isn't true fashion. It makes us look bad to me. But that is the beast of MSU posters on message boards. Say congrats to em, move on and get a better player somewhere else. Plus I know we don't have much of a shot at Mr Malik Newman but these guys are his buddies, especially Taylor. So STFU in my opinion.

And as far as the Bears qb situation being a mess?? WTF?? Bo Wallace has started for 2 years in the SEC and will be back for his senior season. He will start and probably break some records there. Devonte Kincade was a very highly rated and sought after recruit last season that we haven't ever seen throw a pass yet some know it alls here say he isn't any good. Same for Buchanan. I've actually seen him play so I kindof agree that he has some work to do to be a SEC player. He is a smart kid and could do the work to be a good qb.

A bunch of you folks need to get a new hobby cause if you think half of what is posted in this thread is in anyway helpful to MSU and recruiting, you are fooling yourselves. We just look like a bunch of sour pusses trying to talk down our rivals recruiting class instead of enjoying our own recruits. Wait, ya'll don't like those either. Ok, I give up then. It's hopeless

Bo may break some records, but he and Freeze don't get along. He has issues with his arm that are not going to go away. Then they have two redshirt freshmen whom have yet to take a snap in a college game. They may both turn out to be the second coming of Eli Manning- but as of now that's not a great QB situation. Sure it could be worse.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Shepherd Smith? That you?

HAHA!

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1839/geishashep.jpg

Bully Dee Williams
01-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Bo may break some records, but he and Freeze don't get along. He has issues with his arm that are not going to go away. Then they have two redshirt freshmen whom have yet to take a snap in a college game. They may both turn out to be the second coming of Eli Manning- but as of now that's not a great QB situation. Sure it could be worse.

Yup! There are question marks all over Bo Wallace. Hugh and Bo aren't fooling many folks next year. Kincade and Buchanan are inexperienced players with question marks as well. It's not sour grapes. I am in no way worried about what OM is doing at QB. Heck, I'm not even worried about OM.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 04:08 PM

1. It's not embarrassing to talk about grades when you are someone's rival. That's what we do, and we didn't make it up. There are legitimate reasons why Taylor may have to go to JUCO.

2. Wallace breaks records because he has the best WR unit in the country and OM throws an endless amount of bubble screens, that count as pass yards, as an extension of their running game. Not hard to have a high completion percentage and throw for lots of yards in that offense.

3. OM's offense is very much limited, due to Wallace's lack of arm strength. This is something that people who watch football with their eyes can see very blatantly.

4. Buchanan has a good arm but isn't a runner, and Kinkade, may or may not be able to read to defense. No one knows yet because he hasn't played. OM really needs Kinkade to pan out or their offense will be limited by either Wallace's arm strength or Buchanan's lack of mobility.

preachermatt83
01-04-2014, 04:25 PM
1. It's not embarrassing to talk about grades when you are someone's rival. That's what we do, and we didn't make it up. There are legitimate reasons why Taylor may have to go to JUCO.

2. Wallace breaks records because he has the best WR unit in the country and OM throws an endless amount of bubble screens, that count as pass yards, as an extension of their running game. Not hard to have a high completion percentage and throw for lots of yards in that offense.

3. OM's offense is very much limited, due to Wallace's lack of arm strength. This is something that people who watch football with their eyes can see very blatantly.

4. Buchanan has a good arm but isn't a runner, and Kinkade, may or may not be able to read to defense. No one knows yet because he hasn't played. OM really needs Kinkade to pan out or their offense will be limited by either Wallace's arm strength or Buchanan's lack of mobility.

When this man speaks ya better listen. All outstanding points!!

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2014, 04:43 PM
When this man speaks ya better listen. All outstanding points!!

1. Seriously curious. How does one go about getting legitimate reasons a player may not make his grades? How does anyone find out a high school kids grades?
2. So Wallace throws for a high completion percentage and a lot of yards on bubble screens and play action off of the running game. What's wrong with that? Pretty damn smart if ya ask me
3. The reason I think their offense is limited is because they don't have a rb that can get tough yards. 3rd and 1's. Goal line plays. From the Music City Bowl coverage, the announcers said that Bo was like 70 percent and would be better with the offseason. That had to come from someone. If he can get arm strength back, he could be pretty damn good. Our qb
4. Kincade was what a 4 star or 5? He was wanted by a bunch of good schools. I believe the Bears are probably relying on him being their next starting qb. No one know how he is at reading defenses or even how he throws the ball. He could be great He could suck. My point is, the posts here are saying the latter like its the truth. No one knows.

maroonmania
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
1. Seriously curious. How does one go about getting legitimate reasons a player may not make his grades? How does anyone find out a high school kids grades?
2. So Wallace throws for a high completion percentage and a lot of yards on bubble screens and play action off of the running game. What's wrong with that? Pretty damn smart if ya ask me
3. The reason I think their offense is limited is because they don't have a rb that can get tough yards. 3rd and 1's. Goal line plays. From the Music City Bowl coverage, the announcers said that Bo was like 70 percent and would be better with the offseason. That had to come from someone. If he can get arm strength back, he could be pretty damn good. Our qb
4. Kincade was what a 4 star or 5? He was wanted by a bunch of good schools. I believe the Bears are probably relying on him being their next starting qb. No one know how he is at reading defenses or even how he throws the ball. He could be great He could suck. My point is, the posts here are saying the latter like its the truth. No one knows.

On 4, Kincade was a lower 4 star I believe. We showed some interest but backed off after we got Sandberg. By the time we realized Sandberg was a hot baseball commodity it was too late to get back in with him or most of the other decently rated QB prospects. Hence the reason we ended up with Williams who was rather lowly rated and a commit to USM.

Coach34
01-04-2014, 05:55 PM
ok guys listen up:

1. Taylor may or may not be juco bound- but he has 8 months before we will know for sure. He has all Spring to work on this year's classes- plus the Summer to re-take some classes if needed to get his GPA up. If they know right now he wont qualify, then he really has some shitty grades holding him back from the 9th-10th grades and cant make all of them up in the Summer. He could also be taking a correspondence course this Spring to help his grades. Point being- nobody knows what will happen with Taylor until May at the earliest. OM will keep him on their list to keep that recruiting ranking high even if they know he cant make it.

2. Bo Wallace's arm is shit. But he has had some hellacious WR's to help him overcome it. Good defensive lines that can force him to beat them with his arm will continue to give the BearSharks trouble in 2014.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2014, 06:22 PM

2. There is nothing wrong with that from an offensive perspective, in fact, it's a good offensive plan for some teams. Just understand that in that system, a QB with a 70% completion percentage and a lot of yards, doesn't necessarily mean that the QB has talent. Bo's arm is weak and OM's offense is limited due to that.

3. Sure an off season may help some, like it does all players, but Bo isn't likely to get all of his arm strength back, which was never great to begin with. As we have seen with numerous shoulder injuries in baseball, they are very very difficult to come back from and most throwers never regain their entire arm strength. Shoulder injuries differ from elbow injuries, in that elbow in just a hinge to help create arm speed, whereas the shoulder is full of small complicated muscles and tendons that create the quick twitch/arm speed that determines ones arm strength. Following shoulder surgery, those muscles simply don't usually fully recover. Maybe Bo is the exception.

MaroonState
01-04-2014, 09:34 PM
if Dan lost against OM and Arky.. And He would have been if that had happened to.

But that didn't happen did it? Point being you post things as if they are fact written in stone when they are not. Don't have a problem with you bringing info or things that you hear to the board but learn how to qualify your statements.

EAVdog
01-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Word is that LSU is going to offer and make a run at Rod Taylor as well. Not sure there is as much chance there but LSU is gunning for Freeze. And Valentine from Miami naming LSU his leader doesn't change them wanting Speaks. Gonna get interesting. Ole Miss is not going to have a miracle finish like last year.

TheRef
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
DT Jamiyus Pittman (3*) flipped from TSUN to UCF after being offered a greyshirt by TSUN.

Todd4State
01-04-2014, 10:23 PM
DT Jamiyus Pittman (3*) flipped from TSUN to UCF after being offered a greyshirt by TSUN.

Sounds like he upgraded.

msstate7
01-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Sounds like he upgraded.

Music city champs to fiesta champs. Yeah I think you're right

RougeDawg
01-04-2014, 10:30 PM

So where does this leave their class? I don't keep up with them. Also, all of the defects and flips, will our coaches use it against them when going head to head?

Coach34
01-04-2014, 10:59 PM
So where does this leave their class?

If they lose Speaks, they will have basically signed a flag football class.

M.Fillmore
01-04-2014, 11:03 PM
With the loses and potential loses, Freeze may have the bars in Oxford outdoing the bars in New Orleans at Mardi Gras.

Bully Dee Williams
01-04-2014, 11:40 PM

They might be pretty scary on the 7-on-7 circuit. :)

NeshobaChuck
01-05-2014, 01:48 AM
and with a chance to play for a National Championship next year if Brotels comes back

Elliot7
01-05-2014, 01:53 AM
I has a crayon

TheRef
01-05-2014, 01:55 AM
I has a crayon.

And here comes the butthurt. Oxford will run out of vagasil soon.

PassInterference
01-05-2014, 02:27 AM

I don't know what their class is ranked now or what it might be ranked later. But Freeze's crootin style struck me as boom or bust. They put most of their efforts on up to 12 very highly ranked croots. That's great if it works like last year. But if it doesn't, and really it usually seems like a longshot for that to work, its a bust and you're left with a well below average class.

Like swinging for the fences every time you get to the plate. That's great if you are Barry Bonds. But Ole Miss is no Barry Bonds. Its cool for them and all when they hit home runs, but most times that approach is going to suck.

Especially when the NCAA has been sniffing. :cool:

mic
01-05-2014, 07:24 AM

#1. I have no idea. But Im sure he will get in. Who cant get in there. The sacrificial lamb is the other kid from Calloway. Its pretty funny how he already has no shot at getting school. They Already have him lined up juco.

#2. And he will be doing the same thing next year minus a NFL guy on the outside. Pack will not come in and make the same difference Paidwell did. SEC schools will make adjustments each year. This will be year 3 and put the numbers aside cause I haven't looked them up but we all can agree their offense declined in year 2. Now they are losing their top WR.

#3. If you think that's their reason for the limited offense no power back then ok. if that's true you would think the great recruiter himself would solve that problem in year 3 of recruiting. His RB commit is DK Bufford. A Kailo clone only not near as good. Which isn't saying much at all. They have RN for those 3rd and short yardage plays.. Just direct snap it to him. That seemed to work out great in the Egg Bowl.. And with Bo's wing. He had that surgery last Jan. The announcers made it sound like it was something that would be fixed in the off season. It already was fixed. When do ESPN's announcers ever do their homework. All they want to talk about with OM is recruiting and the man crushes for RN and Paidwell. And Bo's arm strength wont get much if any better and even before the injury it wasn't that impressive anyway.

#4. The ole star gazer. Yall better I mean they better hope Kincaid does pan out. Because RB isn't going to be the answer at QB. That's for sure. Who knows Kincaid may turn out to be a Brunetti clone. I think he was a 4* out of high school as well.. Im surprised you don't go with the Alford is the real deal and going to be pushing for the starting job. Which honestly he may be the best out of the other 3 there now..

sbcmortgageman
01-05-2014, 07:57 AM
#1. I have no idea. But Im sure he will get in. Who cant get in there. The sacrificial lamb is the other kid from Calloway. Its pretty funny how he already has no shot at getting school. They Already have him lined up juco.

#2. And he will be doing the same thing next year minus a NFL guy on the outside. Pack will not come in and make the same difference Paidwell did. SEC schools will make adjustments each year. This will be year 3 and put the numbers aside cause I haven't looked them up but we all can agree their offense declined in year 2. Now they are losing their top WR.

#3. If you think that's their reason for the limited offense no power back then ok. if that's true you would think the great recruiter himself would solve that problem in year 3 of recruiting. His RB commit is DK Bufford. A Kailo clone only not near as good. Which isn't saying much at all. They have RN for those 3rd and short yardage plays.. Just direct snap it to him. That seemed to work out great in the Egg Bowl.. And with Bo's wing. He had that surgery last Jan. The announcers made it sound like it was something that would be fixed in the off season. It already was fixed. When do ESPN's announcers ever do their homework. All they want to talk about with OM is recruiting and the man crushes for RN and Paidwell. And Bo's arm strength wont get much if any better and even before the injury it wasn't that impressive anyway.

#4. The ole star gazer. Yall better I mean they better hope Kincaid does pan out. Because RB isn't going to be the answer at QB. That's for sure. Who knows Kincaid may turn out to be a Brunetti clone. I think he was a 4* out of high school as well.. Im surprised you don't go with the Alford is the real deal and going to be pushing for the starting job. Which honestly he may be the best out of the other 3 there now..

The other kid wasn't lined up with a juco by OM. Apparently he was never planning on attending OM. After juco, his recruitment is wide open.

RougeDawg
01-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I don't know what their class is ranked now or what it might be ranked later. But Freeze's crootin style struck me as boom or bust. They put most of their efforts on up to 12 very highly ranked croots. That's great if it works like last year. But if it doesn't, and really it usually seems like a longshot for that to work, its a bust and you're left with a well below average class.

Like swinging for the fences every time you get to the plate. That's great if you are Barry Bonds. But Ole Miss is no Barry Bonds. Its cool for them and all when they hit home runs, but most times that approach is going to suck.

This all day. There's no coincidence their recruiting has tanked this year compared to last. Those who want to deny that the NCAA has a magnifying glass on Oxford are out of touch with reality.

I seen it dawg
01-05-2014, 10:21 AM

And the ONLY reason that class came together is because Kimchee started the ball rolling. If Kimchee gives them no play none of those guys end up there. That was your recruiting lightning in a bottle one-time thing.

defiantdog
01-05-2014, 10:32 AM
And the ONLY reason that class came together is because Kimchee started the ball rolling. If Kimchee gives them no play none of those guys end up there. That was your recruiting lightning in a bottle one-time thing.

T.D. Moton seems to be doing the same thing for us in the 2015 class. He may be our biggest recruiter next year.

notsofarawaydawg
01-05-2014, 12:01 PM

+100

notsofarawaydawg
01-05-2014, 12:05 PM

Now I remember why I blocked you on that other board. Talk about spewing bullshit about players, coaches and MSU. You got your Masters in that crap.

mic
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
The other kid wasn't lined up with a juco by OM. Apparently he was never planning on attending OM. After juco, his recruitment is wide open.

2 of the 4 were package deals anyway in order to get Taylor and Speeks.. IMO.. Don't be shocked if they lose Speeks to LSU and if Taylor is for sure a sign and place that they "drop" the last of the Calloway 4..

Covercorner2
01-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Kincade was a 3 star

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2014, 01:03 PM

+100

Johnson85
01-06-2014, 10:11 AM

I can't believe Buchanan will be solid in the SEC when he didn't blow up the Mississippi private schools. There is overlooked talent in Mississippi private schools, but generally the SEC quality talent dominates, and there is a question of whether they can do it against better athletes. I guess QB or kicker would be the two positions where you could have a ton of potential with bad coaching screwing it up, but Jackson Prep typically has good coaching, so I'm not sure why people would expect such a huge jump. This is just a generalization because I haven't seen Buchanan play, but I'd be interested to see why people think he will be serviceable in the SEC when his stats weren't great in high school.

Political Hack
01-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Buchanan has the tools though. It's just a matter of development. In my amateur opinion, he went to the wrong school for that. If he's smart, and I do think he is, he'll be transferring out after next season.

AlSwearengen
01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Last year, they pulled Tunsil and Golson in the final hour and I don't believe those two were even mentioning olemiss at this point in time last year.

I don't think they will pull off what they did last year to the same extent because of obvious reasons, but it isn't february yet.

Jacksondevildog
01-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Buchannan has deep ties to Ole Miss. He will ride the pine there for 4 years because he's Ole Miss by damn.

Political Hack
01-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Buchannan has deep ties to Ole Miss. He will ride the pine there for 4 years because he's Ole Miss by damn.

yeah. if he loves Ole Miss more than he does football that makes sense.

Johnson85
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Buchanan has the tools though. It's just a matter of development. In my amateur opinion, he went to the wrong school for that. If he's smart, and I do think he is, he'll be transferring out after next season.

But why do people think he'll develop in college if he didn't develop them more in high school? Like I said, Prep usually has decent coaches, so it's not like he's from some poor 1A school where he's received no coaching. And Prep is usually decent, so it's not like he was on a team without a decent high school receiver or a terrible line that made his stats look mediocre. Did he not play football until later in high school? Or was he banged up for most of his career? Or did he grow 12 inches between his junior and senior year so that his coordination was behind? Obviously people that evaluated him saw something (didn't he have legitimate offers besides UM? like Arkansas maybe?), I'm just curious as to what it is. I've just never seen anyone from Mississippi private schools be successful at any college, even Div. II, without having dominant statistics from high school.

Political Hack
01-06-2014, 11:42 AM
But why do people think he'll develop in college if he didn't develop them more in high school? Like I said, Prep usually has decent coaches, so it's not like he's from some poor 1A school where he's received no coaching. And Prep is usually decent, so it's not like he was on a team without a decent high school receiver or a terrible line that made his stats look mediocre. Did he not play football until later in high school? Or was he banged up for most of his career? Or did he grow 12 inches between his junior and senior year so that his coordination was behind? Obviously people that evaluated him saw something (didn't he have legitimate offers besides UM? like Arkansas maybe?), I'm just curious as to what it is. I've just never seen anyone from Mississippi private schools be successful at any college, even Div. II, without having dominant statistics from high school.

Maybe they had a better running back than they did WRs? Maybe their line is better at run blocking than pass blocking? Could be a million different reasons. I agree it raises questions however.

College coaching should be different than high school coaching. Highly talented kids also have more time to develop in college because they're not being thrown to the wolves as soon as they can throw a 15 yd out route.

Looking at Buchanan coming out of high school, he could make all the throws. Looked polished during camps inside the pocket and with his mechanics. Had the mental IQ to take in the playbook and make good decisions. It's a mystery as to why it didn't translate better at Prep, but sometimes it's as simple as to who you're playing with. If he didn't have decent matchups there's not a lot he can do. I don't know because I don't follow JP football, but there's a million reasons it could've been that way.

fishwater99
01-06-2014, 11:48 AM
yeah. if he loves Ole Miss more than he does football that makes sense.

You would be surprised by some Rebel families.... His Rebel blood runs deep.

He easily could have gone to Auburn, but turned them down...

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Prep generally runs a run-oriented offense. It's been years, but when I was there, there were maybe 4 pass plays in the entire offense. They do get good coaching but they focus on their strengths, which I assume is still not developing a passing QB. As for Buchanan, I get the impression that he's good at Ole Miss whether he plays or not. If he doesn't play, he gets to be the frat star backup qb and live the life. This is not to say he doesn't have the desire to be a starting qb, just that he's unlikely to leave.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Kincade was a 3 star

He is also thought of pretty highly by Trent Dilfer http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/4/11/4214554/devante-kincade-elite-11-mvp-ole-miss-rebels. I don't think Mississippi's QB situation is nearly as bad as many in this thread are hoping for.

Political Hack
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
He is also thought of pretty highly by Trent Dilfer http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/4/11/4214554/devante-kincade-elite-11-mvp-ole-miss-rebels. I don't think Mississippi's QB situation is nearly as bad as many in this thread are hoping for.

as long as Bo can't throw a nine route it's not as good as it could be. I'll take it.

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2014, 01:06 PM

They ran the ball about 80% of the time. I forget Prep's coach's name, but they had a RB with the last name McGraw that was solid, and he just believed in running the ball - and I think they won the state title - so it worked for them.

Buchanan is a big kid that is a decent athlete, but had never really played in a passing, spread offense. The Kincaide kid apparently ran this exact same offense in high school, the problem is that he is barely 200 lbs, so he can't take the pounding in this league.

The way Sunshine finished the season, I hope he has 3 more years of eligibility.

Funny thing is that according to my Alabama buddies, the kid they signed out of Bama this year, fits our offense perfectly. Apparently he is a big run first QB.