PDA

View Full Version : Corey smith

msstate7
01-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Watching Ohio state got me wondering about him. He apparently hasn't got any receiving stats this season. I really wanted this guy. Was I wrong about him or is Osu just loaded at wr?

quickstrike2
01-03-2014, 09:14 PM
I looked earlier in the year an assumed he must have redshirted?

I'm with you, I really wanted him at State. Ohio State looks to have alot of talent an receiver.

tcdog70
01-03-2014, 09:17 PM
We could have signed Scoobas Colt Bester, he ok with the Sooners

Brahmabull
01-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Smith was really, really,really good per emcc off coach.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Corey is a prime example of why elite players (especially elite JUCO players) shouldn't just automatically choose the powerhouse program. Corey will likely get lost on the depth chart, when he could have gotten meaningful snaps for us. Same thing will happen with Marlon Humphrey at Bama, watch. He'll probably do well, but he will ride pine for at least 2 years more than likely. Guys like that are likely going pro regardless, so why not be a 3 year stud at a place like MSU instead of a one year starter for Bama? I understand it in some instances...but sometimes you just shake your head when you know a kid is making a bad choice.

If Marlon chooses Bama, I understand it and he will play. But As for Corey Smith...everyone knew that guy would never be heard of again if he chose to go to Ohio State.

Brahmabull
01-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Cadaver, I agree with everything u said except bama's CB'sare not good Humphrey starts from day one at bama.

engie
01-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Redshirting @ Ohio St.

Found it interesting that he was their first JUCO recruit in a number of years. Shows you how elite people think his potential is...

He had some things coming out of JUCO that were concerning that were mostly kept quiet on purpose. He could easily be a Nick Jamesish redshirt player...

deltadawg99
01-04-2014, 03:29 AM
We weren't going to get a kid from Akron after he for a committable Ohio State offer.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Redshirting @ Ohio St.

Found it interesting that he was their first JUCO recruit in a number of years. Shows you how elite people think his potential is...

He had some things coming out of JUCO that were concerning that were mostly kept quiet on purpose. He could easily be a Nick Jamesish redshirt player...

that was just Urban being a dick to Mullen.