PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs with the chance of going pro

defiantdog
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Here's a list of some players with the opportunity of going pro...

Gabe Jackson OG - 6'3" 340lb and is rated 4th overall OG before the combine.... he is our only chance at a first rounder

Denico Autry DE - 6'4" 265lb and runs a low 4.64 in the 40.... may go undrafted unless he has a good combine and/or pro day

Nickoe Whitley FS - 6'0" 205lb and may be a 6th or 7th round pick.... most likely an undrafted free agent though

Deontae Skinner OLB - 6'1"250lb.... even though he was second on our team in tackles this year, I think he needs to work on his 40 time to increase his stock

LaDarius Perkins RB - 5'9" 195lb.... he has the potential of moving up the boards with a visit to the combine and pro day. I don't think he has the ability to move like Slay did last year, but Perkins has been known to run a 4.34 in the 40.... so this will be interesting to see played out for him.

Tyler Russell QB - 6'4" 220lb.... coming off shoulder surgery is not going to help him since he won't be involved in the combine or pro day. He will most likely be an undrafted free agent unless someone takes a chance on him late in the draft.

Charles Siddoway OT - 6'6" 300lb.... didn't have the best footwork but he seemed impressive in run blocking (plus he kept up with Tubby on a long run early in the season).

Baker Swedenburg P - 6'0" 205lb.... at one point he was a Ray Guy Award nominee

Possible Early Departures:

Preston Smith DT/DE - 6'5" 255lb.... seems unlikely but you never know

Benardrick McKinney OLB/DE - 6'5" 240lb.... BMac has proven to be a freak at the LB spot for us. I honestly think one more year will really increase his stock.... especially if he improves with his leadership on the field and knowledge. We'll see on this one. Seems a lot of people are thinking he's going to jump to the pros.

Any thoughts?

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2014, 03:10 PM
The concern with Smith is that he now has a kid and being a 4th round pick and getting an NFL paycheck is a huge thing. Im not sure he will ever be a first or second round pick.

McKinney is an interesting situation. If he is a first or second rounder, he should go. If he 3rd or higher he should stay.

Remember Cox was projected 2nd rounder and then wowed scouts with his athleticism - I could see McKinney doing that.

I could see Siddoway making a practice squad, he was inconsistent, but his footwork was great at times, and he is extremely athletic. I think he will be missed more than people realize.

smootness
01-03-2014, 03:18 PM
A low 4.64? Is that like 4.6412?

defiantdog
01-03-2014, 03:31 PM
A low 4.64? Is that like 4.6412?

Lol.... that's his lowest recorded 40. But he doesn't run that consistently.