PDA

View Full Version : James Franklin to Penn State???

TheRef
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
According to sources, Franklin will interview for Penn State job.

smootness
01-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Yep, I heard they were probably going to take a look at him.

I would wait for something better if I were him, but if he can withstand the sanctions, it's a great job. I'd be glad to have him gone, that's for sure.

curmudgeon
01-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Good. Need Vandy to be Vandy, not Stanford.

Great coach.

Covercorner2
01-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Golden to PSU. Franklin to The U.

dogshiek
01-03-2014, 02:53 PM
He should take the money and run. PSU actually shows up at games too.

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 02:54 PM
im at a crossroads on this... Im not sure we need "vandy to be vandy". Here's why.. OM and Vandy are permanent crossovers so they play every year.. how often do we play them? Once every six years"

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Good. Need Vandy to be Vandy, not Stanford.

Great coach.

Ummm, we want Vandy to be good; They are my second favorite team 1 weekend out of the year, every year.

bully99
01-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Franklin will likely end up at Penn State or Texas. He reportedly had a very strong interview with Texas. He wants out of vandy.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I am a Penn State fan, and hope that Franklin is hired over the other choices that have been mentioned (Muncheck, Golden, Schiano). I think he would do a great job there and bring Penn State back to a point where they compete for the Big 10 title. On a Side note, If I were Texas, I would place a call to Mike Dantonio at Michigan State.

Covercorner2
01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
What is James Franklin's "signature" win? I just dont get all of the love. Yea, he's been pretty good at Vandy relatively speaking, but the SECE has also been down during his tenure and he has lost to every team with a pulse. His resume isnt that much different than Mullen's....

MarketingBully01
01-03-2014, 03:24 PM
He has a better chance of winning a B1G Title at Penn State then he does even an Eastern Division title in the SEC. Look how down the Eastern division was this year and they still didn't sniff it. Oh and Vandy was beating Ole Miss before Franklin even got there. If Franklin wants the Penn State job, he will get it. That's their #1 target. He is from Pennsylvania. Just makes the most logical sense.

MarketingBully01
01-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Yes, but he won at Vandy. That is why it's impressive. Before he got there, they had only been to three bowls period AND one bowl in the last 20+ years. We want Vandy to be Vandy mind you because we don't want to lose any more recruits to them. I believe they have sniped a couple from us.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I don't think Franklin has done anything incredibly overwhelming, but he has taken Vandy to a level of competition that they have not been before. He is a young coach who is highly energetic, and seems to be a great motivator. He is also a very good recruiter. He would be my choice of the possible candidates that I have heard.

Covercorner2
01-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Boom.

http://miami.rivals.com/

TexasDawg
01-03-2014, 05:32 PM
im at a crossroads on this... Im not sure we need "vandy to be vandy". Here's why.. OM and Vandy are permanent crossovers so they play every year.. how often do we play them? Once every six years"

I see what you're saying but for the coming up season I would like to see him gone just because we play them and we have the opportunity to do some really special things

Political Hack
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Boom.

http://miami.rivals.com/

seems legit. if he goes to Penn State, Miami's president will 100% be interested in Franklin.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 06:09 PM
I see what you're saying but for the coming up season I would like to see him gone just because we play them and we have the opportunity to do some really special things

While Vandy is not Vandy circa 1999 and will be a tough game for us, I still think we beat them at home. Franklin, Lombardi, Walsh, Parcells- it doesn't matter.

We're a big physical team, and that's a bad match-up for them. Especially on the road.

Goat Holder
01-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Franklin can name his job at this point, he isn't going to Penn State. I think Golden is about the only guy who'll take that job, because he's a PSU homer. Mullen might, I guess, but you get my point.

I also don't see Franklin going to Miami or even Texas. I don't think he fits either. Guy's a New Yorker. I sorta see him staying at Vandy if they'll pay him.

TexasDawg
01-03-2014, 07:37 PM
While Vandy is not Vandy circa 1999 and will be a tough game for us, I still think we beat them at home. Franklin, Lombardi, Walsh, Parcells- it doesn't matter.

We're a big physical team, and that's a bad match-up for them. Especially on the road.

I still think we beat them too, just meant to say it would be a much easier win without Franklin. Man is a hell of a ball coach IMO

TheRef
01-03-2014, 07:38 PM
According to sources, Penn State's next head coach will be Golden.

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 07:43 PM

I have a source very close to the situation at Miami and he said that this has been known for 3 days now and they already have a list of coaches they want to interview. Not too suprising Shiano and franklin are high on that list and so is two names your familiar with... Mullen and Hud.. he may be full of it but he was the very first person to tell me about Golden when they hired him well before any media reports.

msstate7
01-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I have a source very close to the situation at Miami and he said that this has been known for 3 days now and they already have a list of coaches they want to interview. Not too suprising Shiano and franklin are high on that list and so is two names your familiar with... Mullen and Hud.. he may be full of it but he was the very first person to tell me about Golden when they hired him well before any media reports.

I don't wanna lose Mullen and don't think we do, but hud takes away any real stress about losing Mullen for me.

justwin
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Crazy to leave nashville...very high quality of life there

According to sources, Franklin will interview for Penn State job.

msstate7
01-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Crazy to leave nashville...very high quality of life there
Franklin has had back-to-back 8 win regular seasons that's been rewarded with music city and bbva. That's bordering being unfair.

Franklin was upset with season ticket sales before season started. Pretty sure OM game wasn't even sellout as kickoff to season and sec opener.

Hard to stay at vandy if you have career aspirations IMO

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Franklin has had back-to-back 8 win regular seasons that's been rewarded with music city and bbva. That's bordering being unfair.

Franklin was upset with season ticket sales before season started. Pretty sure OM game wasn't even sellout as kickoff to season and sec opener.

Hard to stay at vandy if you have career aspirations IMO

Yeah- I don't think Franklin can do much more at Vandy than what he already has done.

Dawg61
01-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Miami should hire Orgeron. Imagine him in that talent bed.

Goat Holder
01-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Schiano would be a home run for Miami.

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Schiano would be a home run for Miami.

he's def the most logical choice.. They wanted him when they hired Shannon.

Covercorner2
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I just think it's no coincidence that Franklin has been connected to all of these jobs, yet he hasn't landed one. If he could "name his job" he would already be at UT. The guys resume isn't all that impressive if you really look at it. He's not proven yet. If he's proven, then what is Dan Mullen?

hells bells
01-03-2014, 10:43 PM

Has Houston Nutt submitted his r?sum? yet?

Political Hack
01-03-2014, 10:58 PM
your guy must be screwing with you over CDM. Mullen told the. they had to build a new campus on stadium, out a statue of him up, and turn the Atlantic Oceanninto purple drank before he'd consider it.

Miami is an awful place to coach. They're probably 4th in the state now behind UCF. That program is blowing up.

I think the academic nature of Miami and the small atudent body is going to make Franklin a very attractive candidate, well above everyone else mentioned.

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 11:03 PM
your guy must be screwing with you over CDM. Mullen told the. they had to build a new campus on stadium, out a statue of him up, and turn the Atlantic Oceanninto purple drank before he'd consider it.

Miami is an awful place to coach. They're probably 4th in the state now behind UCF. That program is blowing up.

I think the academic nature of Miami and the small atudent body is going to make Franklin a very attractive candidate, well above everyone else mentioned.

didn't say they were going to get him, said his name is on their list. Things change. I think they will hire shiano though.

NCDawg
01-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Wonder why nobody is mentioning Mullen for any of these jobs? Has his stock dropped that much?

Bucky Dog
01-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Im betting Schiano to Miami and Franklin to Louisville. Then Hud will be at the top of the list for Vandy.

Political Hack
01-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Wonder why nobody is mentioning Mullen for any of these jobs? Has his stock dropped that much?

maybe Joe Schadenfreude got tired of being wrong about him leaving State for allegedly greener pastures. Maybe people are realizing he's content to build a program at State and whip lil' Miss's ass year in and year out.