PDA

View Full Version : Matt Stevens on BSR

TheRef
01-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Matt is just bound and convinced that MSU will NOT compete for the SEC West at all and that Dak is not a dark-horse candidate for the Heisman. I'm about sick and tired of hearing him being negative.

Coach34
01-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Matt Stevens is not even liked by other journalists. He is a malcontent asexual dork that was sheltered by Mommy too much. **** him

TheRef
01-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Matt Stevens is not even liked by other journalists. He is a malcontent asexual dork that was sheltered by Mommy too much. **** him

He said that Bama's backups are better than all of the starters for MSU....I'm about to punch a wall.

SignalToNoise
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Matt is just bound and convinced that MSU will NOT compete for the SEC West at all and that Dak is not a dark-horse candidate for the Heisman. I'm about sick and tired of hearing him being negative.

If it makes you feel any better I'm not convinced of those things either. I'm very optimistic but I don't think we're going to make a run at the west or that Dak will be invited to Radio City Music Hall.

TheRef
01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
If it makes you feel any better I'm not convinced of those things either. I'm very optimistic but I don't think we're going to make a run at the west or that Dak will be invited to Radio City Music Hall.

I'm not saying that Dak will make it to Radio City, but I'm just saying that he will be on the list. He may not be a finalist, but he will be on the list.

MSUDawg4Life
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM

Agreed. We are going to have to drastically improve our performance in a lot of areas for those things to happen. I'm optimistic too, but it might be a good idea for us to see how we actually perform on the field before claiming SEC West championships and Heisman trophies.

messageboardsuperhero
01-03-2014, 10:51 AM
He said that Bama's backups are better than all of the starters for MSU....I'm about to punch a wall.

I don't have a big problem with him saying the other stuff, but this statement (if he did indeed say this) is pure stupidity. Every SEC teams has at least SOME really good starters.

Yeah, I'm sure Saban would hate to have his roster weighted down by guys like Gabe Jackson, Chris Jones, Benardrick McKinney, Jameon Lewis, T. Calhoun, etc.

TheRef
01-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I don't have a big problem with him saying the other stuff, but this statement (if he did indeed say this) is pure stupidity. Every SEC teams has at least SOME really good starters.

Yeah, I'm sure Saban would hate to have his roster weighted down by guys like Gabe Jackson, Chris Jones, Benardrick McKinney, Jameon Lewis, T. Calhoun, etc.

If you would like to listen, here's the link. He says it within the first 15 minutes.

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2014-01-02-1376200491-fullcourtpress103.mp3

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM
My problem is that, this is Bulldogs Sports Radio.

Why can't we have at least some homers?

Can you imagine Rebels Sports Radio, Crimson Tide Sports Radio, War Eagle Sports Radio, or Razorback Sports Radio having people on the air that down the program?

I don't want that. I have Barret Sallee, the entire OM fanbase, Finbaum, Saturday Down South, Pat Forde, Edward Aschoff, all the recruiting maniacs and gurus, Rod Gilmore, Wright Thompson, Pete Roussell, Tim Brando, Archie Manning, Brandon Speck, Richard Cross, McCready, and countless others for that.

At some point, it must have become cool for the media to down or ignore MSU. Not sure why or when that happened and what caused it to happen.

With Bulldogs Sports Radio, I want people that are homers, realistic, but people who promote and believe in our program. OM has tons of homers, and OM gets all the publicity for being an average to below average team. Yet, we have 4 straight winning season, 4 straight bowl games, the best QB we have had in my lifetime, and the most returning starters that we have in forever, in a year where all the SEC power will be breaking in new QBs, and we can't get a little optimism from "Bulldog Sports Radio"? That's bullshit

preachermatt83
01-03-2014, 11:17 AM
I am sending scott striklin this tweet.. "Scott, Matt Stevens is doing more harm to our program than I think you even know. Something must be done to limit his access to the program" ... hope you guys will retweet or send him one of your own. He seems to listen to the ppl.. he is gonna do something about the commercialtron bc the ppl bombarded him about it.

Political Hack
01-03-2014, 11:33 AM
quit listening to the show. I've never listened to it and feel ok about it.

maroonmania
01-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Well technically he said Dan Mullen said that and he agreed. Was commenting about most of Bama's backups being 4 and 5 star recruits.

Original48
01-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Matt Stevens interviewed for the SID job Niblett got and was laughed at when he walked into the room. And as 34 said, all personal vendettas aside, the journalists around our program are united on the disdain they have for Stevens.

Bully13
01-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Disagree. Its time we voice our displeasure when people tarnish our brand. If its our show and our people it should promote our program. How can you be ok about something you never listen to?

reddog
01-03-2014, 11:55 AM

What does RCMH have to do with the Heisman other than both are in Manhattan

TheRef
01-03-2014, 12:00 PM
What does RCMH have to do with the Heisman other than both are in Manhattan

It used to be done at RCMH. Now that the Best Buy Theater has opened, they moved it to there. But RCMH used to be the home of the Heisman ceremony. That's why.

BeastMan
01-03-2014, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't say they are all united in disdain for Stevens. If you've ever been in the press box or go to practices, you will notice that they all get along good enough. There have been flare ups over the years but that is almost always involving Gene. MSU aside, Stevens isn't a dislike able guy.

That said, BSR is a different animal. It's a mixture of what I call "real media" and "fan media". You have to take your hats off to the guys who have done it consistently b/c it isn't a cash cow. It could be a great tool to promote MSU and I support BSR with my listens.

Stricklin doesn't run BSR so contacting him is pointless. Brian Hadad is the general manager of BSR. If you had a legitimate point, I'm sure he'd be willing to listen.

MzTerry
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
I am sending scott striklin this tweet.. "Scott, Matt Stevens is doing more harm to our program than I think you even know. Something must be done to limit his access to the program" ... hope you guys will retweet or send him one of your own. He seems to listen to the ppl.. he is gonna do something about the commercialtron bc the ppl bombarded him about it.

someone is trolling stevens on twitter right now it seems.

TheRef
01-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah, he's on twitter right now having an argument over there's no way he could be a candidate to win the Heisman if he has no chance of win. The BSR account is saying that Presidential Ballots have candidates that have no chance of winning but they're still on there. Valid argument, IMO.

TheRef
01-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Stevens is getting HAMMERED by the rest of the MSU writers on twitter right now. It's actually funny to watch him try to defend his position.

M.Fillmore
01-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Wasn't the "Duece 22 for Heisman" campaign by the Bears about how McAllister came in 22nd place for the Heisman?

reddog
01-03-2014, 12:40 PM
It used to be done at RCMH. Now that the Best Buy Theater has opened, they moved it to there. But RCMH used to be the home of the Heisman ceremony. That's why.

you sure about that? Thought it use to be the downtown athletic club

TheRef
01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
you sure about that? Thought it use to be the downtown athletic club

You may be right, I just realized that I'm thinking of the NFL Draft. Just checked it, the Heisman ceremony has never been at RCMH. My apologies.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Well, Jesse Palmer disagrees with him. That and the fact that Dak has one less TD than Eli had at this point in less playing time tells me he probably should be a darkhorse Heisman candidate.

On that note, if I were MSU, I would shoot for 2015 to run Dak for Heisman. Use 2014 to build momentum- and then put out youtube highlight videos featuring Dak, put up a billboard in Times Square and in front of Paul Finebaum's office.

TheRef
01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Well, Jesse Palmer disagrees with him. That and the fact that Dak has one less TD than Eli had at this point in less playing time tells me he probably should be a darkhorse Heisman candidate.

On that note, if I were MSU, I would shoot for 2015 to run Dak for Heisman. Use 2014 to build momentum- and then put out youtube highlight videos featuring Dak, put up a billboard in Times Square and in front of Paul Finebaum's office.

PAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLL

bully99
01-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I said several weeks ago I didn't realize how much Stevens hated State until I heard his radio /podcast. He's nasty as hell.

If you want to send a message to Bulldog Sports Radio, you go after their benefactor, C-Spire. C-Spire keeps them in business. They have some smaller advertisers but C-Spire is their cashcow. Hadad is not going to do anything to Stevens, Hadad hired him to begin with.

Stevens blocked me on twitter several weeks ago because I told him what I thought of him. Sorry yankee.

Another one is Talty. He doesn't just hate State, he promotes OM like he's married to the damn institution. Another sorry yankee.

Political Hack
01-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Hadad runs BSR? Why the hell is allowing State haters to talk on a State radio program? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having a State radio station?

Barking 13
01-03-2014, 03:58 PM

This ^^^ in spades.... maybe Stevens can get a job in Tuscaloosa.. for about two reports, then he'd be done.... I hope I never have to see him face to face... A&B can get you 20 years...

theloungeinleft
01-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Agreed. We are going to have to drastically improve our performance in a lot of areas for those things to happen. I'm optimistic too, but it might be a good idea for us to see how we actually perform on the field before claiming SEC West championships and Heisman trophies.

Who is claiming SEC West championships and Heisman trophies?

defiantdog
01-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Matt Stevens is a joke of a journalist. Everyone should ignore the idiot who claimed he worked for the Clarion Ledger at one time. He doesn't think Dak is a heisman candidate because, in his head, MSU can't push for an SEC West title. If he's such an objective journalist, he should understand the potential MSU has to being relevant in the SEC West next year.

The idiot is trying to be the Paul Finebaum of BSR with his "objectivity" yet he lacks any substantial background or knowledge to become an objective debater. He just comes off as sounding like an idiot especially when 99% of his listeners / readers are State fans.

RougeDawg
01-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Hadad runs BSR? Why the hell is allowing State haters to talk on a State radio program? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having a State radio station?

Hadad also allows Bears to continue to post ridiculous shit on FannyPackSpeaks as well. He is also constantly putting down State fans who show optimism towards anything MSU. I'm beginning to question his allegiances myself, especially after going over there to read recently.

bully99
01-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Hadad became the General Manager a couple months ago.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Matt Stevens is a joke of a journalist. Everyone should ignore the idiot who claimed he worked for the Clarion Ledger at one time. He doesn't think Dak is a heisman candidate because, in his head, MSU can't push for an SEC West title. If he's such an objective journalist, he should understand the potential MSU has to being relevant in the SEC West next year.

The idiot is trying to be the Paul Finebaum of BSR with his "objectivity" yet he lacks any substantial background or knowledge to become an objective debater. He just comes off as sounding like an idiot especially when 99% of his listeners / readers are State fans.

If Ole Miss can get a guy to the Downtown Athletic Club while losing to Memphis in the same season, I see no reason why we can't have a player as a CANDIDATE. Bear in mind that Eli got invited one season after they went 7-6 and won the Independence Bowl. Deuce didn't get invited at all.

The idea of only running a player if you feel like he has a 90% chance or greater of winning the award isn't the point of running the player. The point of running Dak for Heisman is to get exposure for Dak and the football program.

Political Hack
01-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Hadad became the General Manager a couple months ago.

I thought he worked at 323-PAPA?

MSUDawg4Life
01-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Hadad also allows Bears to continue to post ridiculous shit on FannyPackSpeaks as well. He is also constantly putting down State fans who show optimism towards anything MSU. I'm beginning to question his allegiances myself, especially after going over there to read recently.

It should be clear to everyone that his only allegiances are to food and money.

He is not a graduate of MSU. I know there are some diehard MSU fans who did not graduate from the university, but HD6's behavior speaks for itself. His MSU fandom has been suspect for a while now.

Coach34
01-03-2014, 05:54 PM
For someone with such a big head, Hadad has a little brain. He is the GM and controls who will be on the shows. If you want to complain- he's your guy

maroonmania
01-03-2014, 06:04 PM
It should be clear to everyone that his only allegiances are to food and money.

He is not a graduate of MSU. I know there are some diehard MSU fans who did not graduate from the university, but HD6's behavior speaks for itself. His MSU fandom has been suspect for a while now.

Well he does claim to have been a student. Don't know for how long though.

maroonmania
01-03-2014, 06:09 PM
For someone with such a big head, Hadad has a little brain. He is the GM and controls who will be on the shows. If you want to complain- he's your guy

Yep, I'm assuming that Carskadon cut Stevens loose because he was getting complaints during his time as BSR GM. Hadad was the one who brought him back. Of all the beat writers that we have I don't really understand why Stevens gets a show. Why not Logan Lowery or the new CL guy? Is Stevens the only one that wants a show?

bully99
01-03-2014, 06:24 PM
You can conplain to Hadad all you want, but the show is propped up by C-Spire. Cut the money off and the network dies.

Brad Locke had a show when he was a beat writer, but he took another job with his paper.

They have so many shows on there, they just seem to run together.

I think the concept of a network is good if you have the right shows on. Not sure if they do.

maroonmania
01-03-2014, 06:28 PM
You can conplain to Hadad all you want, but the show is propped up by C-Spire. Cut the money off and the network dies.

Brad Locke had a show when he was a beat writer, but he took another job with his paper.

They have so many shows on there, they just seem to run together.

I think the concept of a network is good if you have the right shows on. Not sure if they do.

Well I enjoy listening to some of the shows. I certainly don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water over Stevens. He's not THAT big of a deal.

Goat Holder
01-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Look, this is Elitedawgs. Ya'll took down that idiot rebel guy who was posing on here, I figure the web experts can find a way to take down Stevens too. I have faith, get to work. I'm not very good with the social media and all. Call into his show and harass him, bitch to his boss, I don't know how that works. Run him off.

bully99
01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Stevens is a yankee jerk and hadad can be a bitch, but I've listened to hadad enough to know he's a big (no pun intended) State fan and he hates Ole Miss. He's not a closet rebel. He does have some radio talent, but he's obsessed with Stevens and Talty, two MSU hating scribes. That's hadads problem.

The Croom Diaries
01-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I hate Stevens and I know I've done more than anyone to attempt to hurt him, but I don't have a problem with his show.

His first show back in 2012 was awful, but this show is actually pretty good. In my opinion Joel Coleman wastes him on nearly every argument (and they argue on every point). So it brings some value to the radio because its not just two State guys agreeing about everything...and they have other shows that do that.

I'm not trying to defend BSR - hell they canceled my show a couple years ago for the OM tradition video - but Hadad is a State fan and I agree with him most of the time. The HD6 on 6 pack is not the same guy that's on the radio. He is a pessimistic fan, but he has good opinions outside of that.

As for Stevens employment, he isn't going anywhere. I can't stand him because he's a douche and mostly because he reported the Redmond story. The rest I don't mind and don't pay attention too - he's blocked me on 3 twitter accounts anyway. I know I was hard on Mullen during the season and State fans turned on me because I was being negative. So I kind of know how Stevens feels for trying to view things objectively based on the facts. People get super pissed to hear any negative publicity, but sometimes you need to hear/see the other side of the story to form a complete opinion. I think Stevens should be black balled in terms of getting inside info, but I don't really have a problem with him covering State anymore.

bully99
01-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Croom, you're going soft.

RougeDawg
01-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Croom, you're going soft.

Bowl game allowed him to step back from the ledge and ease up on people for a while. I fully expect the "Golf Cart" Diaries to start bringing the pain again soon. Everyone needs a break.

The Croom Diaries
01-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Bowl game allowed him to step back from the ledge and ease up on people for a while. I fully expect the "Golf Cart" Diaries to start bringing the pain again soon. Everyone needs a break.

Haha, you have a point. I've actually been thinking of switching my avitar back to that. Ironically, Brian Hadad is the one who e-mailed me the current one.

It's not unlikely I could experience phases of going soft these days. I watched Its a Wonderful Life every year for 20 years, but this year something got caught in my eye at the end. I blame it on having a daughter.