PDA

View Full Version : More improved from beginning of year - Auburn or MSU?

blacklistedbully
01-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Not who is better, but who improved the most. Who & why?

preachermatt83
01-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Auburn... I hate to say that but the reason I say that is bc we were better than they were when we played them. Now I don't think we are. Not taking anything away from our progress, it was great , but Auburn has really really improved a ton.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Not who is better, but who improved the most. Who & why?

It depends on how good we think Auburn was at the start of this year.

If we thought Auburn was an 0-8 SEC team when the season started, then it's obviously Auburn.

However, if we think Auburn just had the wrong coach, and were the same team they were in 2010, but without Newton, then I think you could make a case that MSU improved more.

How good was Auburn when the season started?

blacklistedbully
01-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I should clarify. The debate I'm having with an Auburn fan is, "which team has improved more since the game we played one another"? I'm contending it's a tie or could be argued that we've improved a little more. He is saying Auburn has improved, WAY, WAY more than we have.

BTW, he's also saying we suck and should be considered an auto win for Auburn next year. I've said we should be a toss up, given 3 of the last 4 have been exactly that, with the 4th a big win by us last year. He refuses to acknowledge that, saying we've only won 1 of 7, so we should be considered an auto W, regardless of how close the games have been. He goes on & on about how much Auburn has improved since we played them and how they'd crush us today. Every year this tool acts like Auburn is the only team that can improve as the year goes on. All our close games with them are nothing more than us catching them before they;ve had a chance to improve, as if we'd be standing still while they vastly improve. every year with this ass.

chainedup_Dawg
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
You need new friends

theloungeinleft
01-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Auburn. What they've done this year from where they were last year is impressive.

I bet your friend is an Auburn fan, not an Auburn grad.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 11:07 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that Auburn returned about 20 starters this season...we returned 12- lost 2 in the 1st half vs OK State, plus Russell off and on.

We both started in different places.

blacklistedbully
01-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Oh, he is most definitely not a friend. He's an obnoxious ass.

Again, we're not talking about improvement from last year. We're talking about improvement since our game against each other this year. I acknowledge they're improved. I just think we are as much or more, and will be more next year, what with DP our undisputed QB, JRob & Shump over Perk, WR's getting more experience, defense coming back mostly intact, etc.

chainedup_Dawg
01-02-2014, 11:17 PM
They definitely did not have to deal with the same adversity or amount of. Therefore I'd say us

The reason I'd say that is that Auburn benefited a great deal from some lucky ass plays. Lucky enough that even they have to admit it. They were about 4 lucky ass plays from losing 3-4 more games this year while everything seemed to bounce the other teams way for us this year.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Oh, he is most definitely not a friend. He's an obnoxious ass.

Again, we're not talking about improvement from last year. We're talking about improvement since our game against each other this year. I acknowledge they're improved. I just think we are as much or more, and will be more next year, what with DP our undisputed QB, JRob & Shump over Perk, WR's getting more experience, defense coming back mostly intact, etc.

my post was made because there is a difference in the two teams that makes it hard to measure.

Auburn returned 19-20 starters- these guys were talented and had experience- they were just getting back into the Malzahn system. And their juco QB was getting adjusted.

State had guys that knew the system- but needed experience playing SEC football. You cant get it without simply getting game reps. I personally think Mullen and Dakota had our guys play over their head vs Auburn- and we had a ton of growth down the stretch with this football team.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Guy sounds like a dumb17. MSU is one wide open dropped pass another inch and 10 seconds from being 4-0 vs Auburn the last 4 years. We'll beat Auburn next year. Bookmark it.