PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl

DanDority
01-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Am I the only person that is loving seeing Bama get whipped?

Coach34
01-02-2014, 10:18 PM
No- I hope Oklahoma scores 60...Bama winning does nothing but hurt State and the rest of us lower SEC schools.

hailmari
01-02-2014, 10:24 PM
No- I hope Oklahoma scores 60...Bama winning does nothing but hurt State and the rest of us lower SEC schools.

I'm so glad somebody else besides me gets this. I rarely cheer for other SEC West teams.

bluelightstar
01-02-2014, 10:26 PM
This shit sucks. And we are not 'competing' with Bama whether they win the Sugar Bowl or not.

DanDority
01-02-2014, 10:44 PM

I'm with you. I ****ing hate all other SEC teams. Which is why I left SPS

Drugdog
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes. Shoot the Goose that lays the golden eggs. Brilliant**

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-02-2014, 10:52 PM
I am so glad that some others have this mentality. I dont get cheering for our rivals. I am a Steelers fan and I sure as hell wasnt going for the Ravens in the playoffs last year. It makes no sense to me.

Drugdog
01-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Pro doesn't have Conferences set up like College.
Why do u think the SEC gets these huge TV contracts? Because there are many good SEC teams.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-02-2014, 11:03 PM
So since we receive money as a conference I have to cheer for the teams we play? Negative

chainedup_Dawg
01-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Well, if "we're not competing" against Bama whether they win the Sugar Bowl or not, then we will get our money whether they win the Sugar Bowl or not. Boomer Sooner

Drugdog
01-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Roll tide

RougeDawg
01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Some of you are complete morons. The only outcome that helps us in this game is Bama winning. They are one of the few teams keeping the perception of the SEC as the best conference. They are one of the reasons a 1 loss SEC team has had a chance to make the BCS championship game. Conference supremacy is the only reason the SEC has been given the benefit of the doubt, by top teams continuing to win. SEC perception will be the single reason for getting 2 SEC teams in the new playoff system. If you don't think this helps us, you are a huge idiot.

Do you honestly think Bama losing, helps our national perception if we beat them next year? If OK wins and we beat Bama in Tuscaloosa next year, the consensus will be that Bama isn't what they were when they were winning NCs. We are rarely ever going to beat Bama for a recruit, but beating a "perceived" better Bama team on the field will always help our perception. Hell, even losing to them this year, but being the most competitive game they played, garnered us a lot of respect in the media. Some of you go full retard on here sometimes. Bama losing does nothing good for us. It only fuels the national fire, that the SEC is overrated.

Drugdog
01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
^^^^^^he gets it^^^^^^

So does he --look down

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 11:44 PM
You can thank Bama for our shiny new stadium next year. I hate the **** out of Bama till they play OOC and Bowl games but lets not be retarded. MSU isn't about to get $100 MILLION per year without Bama getting us that check. Yea we've contributed to it. About 2% worth.

Schultzy
01-02-2014, 11:46 PM
The SEC doesn't have a reputation problem. It's one game versus seven straight national championships.

I like watching the bama fans looks on their faces as they watch it slip away. Schadenfreude meter ticking to the right.

State controls it's own fate on the field. This one game couldn't help or hurt us.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 11:50 PM
You're wrong. The longer you stay on top the easier it gets for all the rest to pull you down. Call it the Tiger Woods effect. It only takes one loss in the NC game for the SEC to no longer be for sure the top dog. Bama losing here hurts the SEC bad.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
That money does us no good if we cant ever win the SEC. The money is already coming in- let Bama get bitchslapped. Somebody else in the SEC will take their place.

Bama winning keeps all the best recruits wanting to go there. Which in turn makes us lose. I want 6-6 Bama back with Mike Shula as its coach

Dawgowar
01-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Some of you are complete morons. The only outcome that helps us in this game is Bama winning. They are one of the few teams keeping the perception of the SEC as the best conference. They are one of the reasons a 1 loss SEC team has had a chance to make the BCS championship game. Conference supremacy is the only reason the SEC has been given the benefit of the doubt, by top teams continuing to win. SEC perception will be the single reason for getting 2 SEC teams in the new playoff system. If you don't think this helps us, you are a huge idiot.

Do you honestly think Bama losing, helps our national perception if we beat them next year? If OK wins and we beat Bama in Tuscaloosa next year, the consensus will be that Bama isn't what they were when they were winning NCs. We are rarely ever going to beat Bama for a recruit, but beating a "perceived" better Bama team on the field will always help our perception. Hell, even losing to them this year, but being the most competitive game they played, garnered us a lot of respect in the media. Some of you go full retard on here sometimes. Bama losing does nothing good for us. It only fuels the national fire, that the SEC is overrated.

Don't disagree totally but Florida, Tenn, and Georgia being so hot and cold is hurting the conference more. The two Titans are LSU and Bama. Period. Auburn is an anomaly. Whenever we make another run the media template will be 'Down Year for the SEC", won't matter a lick how we win.

Bama losing won't hurt us beyond a couple of news cycles.

McCarron can make or lose a few million here in the next 7 minutes.

chainedup_Dawg
01-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Bama winning this game doesn't help us at even if we beat them next year. It's next year. We could beat them next year and they could still end up in the NC so projecting that is a huge stretch. However, there is no possible plus (in us getting better) with them winning. However, there us a chance with them losing...maybe a player or two, who knows. Plus its fun to watch their bandwagon fans lose it.

Also, if they lose this game and we still beat them next year, no one is going to say "yeah but they lost to OU last year". You don't dominate an entire league for 7 years and one loss erase all that. Hell, it didn't when Auburn won with Cam. Besides, this isn't the NC game anyway

Dawgowar
01-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Clearly the ref's do not understand Bama does NOT get pass interference calls in the 4th quarter of big games....ever!

ckDOG
01-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Def was PI, but surprised it was called at that point.

Dawgowar
01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Can see Saban at Press Conference if the Tide loses - "I think for safety's sake of the higher ranked teams, bowl games with two teams wearing red should be held at the home stadium of the higher ranked team."

MarketingBully01
01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Yep, but is never called. You don't let a game be decided by a penalty bad form and shifty officiating crew.

Dawgowar
01-03-2014, 12:18 AM
AJ, you dropped that one right in the Lumber Yard buddy. Roll Tide Roll.

bluelightstar
01-03-2014, 12:33 AM
The game was lost when Alabama would not commit to the run in the mid-late 3rd and early 4th quarter. AJ McCarron is not going to win you a football game. I am amazed at how dumb some of these coaches are during a game.

Dawgowar
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Defense is deceased in the college game. I miss QB sacks.

MarketingBully01
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
They should have played their big back the whole game. Playing Yeldon has killed them this year. His 5 fumbles have really hurt them. It's just like what Todd Blackledge said, you have to go to the guy with the hot hand. He only got 8 rushes but had 100 yards. He was killing them. He reminds me a lot of Anthony Dixon. Big back hard to bring down and can run.

bluelightstar
01-03-2014, 12:56 AM
They should have played their big back the whole game. Playing Yeldon has killed them this year. His 5 fumbles have really hurt them. It's just like what Todd Blackledge said, you have to go to the guy with the hot hand. He only got 8 rushes but had 100 yards. He was killing them. He reminds me a lot of Anthony Dixon. Big back hard to bring down and can run.

You get it. It's what I was calling for the whole game. EVERY TIME he touched the ball, something good happened.

mstatefan91
01-03-2014, 01:24 AM
I love how ESPN is not even talking about the game like it never happened. Gotta protect that SEC Network next year.

bluelightstar
01-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Gotta protect that SEC Network next year.

Which is good for us...

mstatefan91
01-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Which is good for us...

I agree. I still find it predictably funny

Schultzy
01-03-2014, 07:40 AM
I love how ESPN is not even talking about the game like it never happened. Gotta protect that SEC Network next year.

If it's not for the national championship, the game really doesn't matter that much. Except for the fans of the teams in the game.
I do understand the conference cred deal, but we've built up so much of that it would take decades to harm.

Barking 13
01-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Fellas, it looked to me like "the Dark Lord" and "heir apparent" got bitch slapped by the Stoops boys, from a coaching standpoint..... and did y'all see the "red headed jumping idiot"? He was still jumping around holding up four when it was apparent Bama was gonna lose...

bgover4
01-03-2014, 08:48 AM
So now everybody can question, how good was bama really this season. How good was our showing verse them? Or were they just over rated most of the year? That is why you root for your conference, now our game against them isn't as impressive.

Dawgowar
01-03-2014, 09:40 AM
So now everybody can question, how good was bama really this season. How good was our showing verse them? Or were they just over rated most of the year? That is why you root for your conference, now our game against them isn't as impressive.

Um, get what you think you are saying, but I am not losing sleep over how even the most dedicated media types interpret one of our losses. They don't care about "good" losses for 7-6 teams. For the record I hoped Bama would win for some in my family. I will never cheer for Auburn, ever.

Barking 13
01-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Um, get what you think you are saying, but I am not losing sleep over how even the most dedicated media types interpret one of our losses. They don't care about "good" losses for 7-6 teams. For the record I hoped Bama would win for some in my family. I will never cheer for Auburn, ever.

They are second on my hate list, behind Ole Piss...

DanDority
01-03-2014, 09:53 AM
That money does us no good if we cant ever win the SEC. The money is already coming in- let Bama get bitchslapped. Somebody else in the SEC will take their place.

Bama winning keeps all the best recruits wanting to go there. Which in turn makes us lose. I want 6-6 Bama back with Mike Shula as its coach

Boom! There you go, we as a conference already have a big t.v. deal, probably already spent the money. State needs Bama to be nocked down a notch or two.

DanDority
01-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Fellas, it looked to me like "the Dark Lord" and "heir apparent" got bitch slapped by the Stoops boys, from a coaching standpoint..... and did y'all see the "red headed jumping idiot"? He was still jumping around holding up four when it was apparent Bama was gonna lose...

I loved it! "SLAP" Welcome to back to REALITY!

NeshobaChuck
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I agree in this case. Because if you look at it this way Bama loss in sugar bowl, a FSU loss in NC, and with our win in Liberty bowl you have to like our chances of landing Marlon Humphrey from Hover High School. Now I think with everybody expecting him to go bama I think he shocks everybody and picks MSU

Bullmutt
01-03-2014, 03:21 PM
As a Dawg living in Alabama, there is no one who enjoys seeing Bama fans sslapped down a notch or two on the arrogance scale, but I also have to agree with those who say that having top SEC teams win NC's and bowl games helps the entire conference. A rising tide (no pun intended) raises all boats. Face it- there are alot of recruits throughout the country who understand that the SEC is the best conference and who want to play for the best or, at the least, against the best. There are alot of players in the SEC right now who would have loved to be offered by the Bama's and LSU's but are instead playing for the MSU's, OM's, SC's, Arky's, etc. because they recognize the superiority of the conference and want to be part of a program competing at the highest level. We're not going to get many players that Bama really wants, but we can get alot of good players who wanted Bama but who Bama just didn't have room for. So I'm for all SEC schools (except TSUN) when playing OOC because I'm convinced it serves to enrichen the talent pool for all conference schools. JMO.