PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Coach Ray and the bball team getting that 10th win already

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
after our Kentucky beating in a few days, we have a chance to get some SEC wins. Ready for some SEC basketball.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Yea I think it's time some butts get back in the seats at the Hump. They are improved no question. That's what was asked of Ray for this year.

Rick Danko
01-02-2014, 10:05 PM
We played a game tonight? Damn.

ETA. Really didn't know we had a game tonight. Sad our program has gotten to the point games aren't even known to the casual State sports fan... Really hope our basketball program gets back on its feet soon.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 10:09 PM

Yeah man, we dominated the eastern shore by 13 points. Coach and engie say we may even win 7 SEC games this year. Isn't that great?

RAYn_Man
01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
We played a very underrated MDES team tonight that plays with tenacity and hustle in all 3 facets of the game. We were lucky to come away unscathed..

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 10:12 PM
We played a very underrated MDES team tonight that plays with tenacity and hustle in all 3 facets of the game. We were lucky to come away unscathed..

Very true. MDES really showed me a lot with that win over the fighting steaks of Salisbury. Hmm, Salisbury/Stansbury, some real kismet going on here.

msstate7
01-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Very true. MDES really showed me a lot with that win over the fighting steaks of Salisbury. Hmm, Salisbury/Stansbury, some real kismet going on here.

Well they also beat mount st Mary's and their last loss was by 16 at Virginia tech. I'm not saying this team was good, but us beating any team by 14 when sword scores 3 points is a good night for us right now

Harrydawg
01-02-2014, 10:19 PM

ETA. Really didn't know we had a game tonight. Sad our program has gotten to the point games aren't even known to the casual State sports fan... Really hope our basketball program gets back on its feet soon.

This sucks, this team and coaches are doing all they can.....not a fair statement.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Yeah man, we dominated the eastern shore by 13 points. Coach and engie say we may even win 7 SEC games this year. Isn't that great?

In a rebuilding year? Yes it is

Coach34
01-02-2014, 10:20 PM
This sucks, this team and coaches are doing all they can.....not a fair statement.

Especially when we are 10-3

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Pretty sure we covered tonight and we tied last year's win total. Did you expect 50 point blowouts?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-02-2014, 10:29 PM
The real test comes during SEC play. I just don't see us winning 7 SEC games with only 8 scholarship players.

Rick Danko
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM

Not a fair statement?? To state that we played a game tonight and 90% (just a bullshit guess) of the fan base didn't even know. Man I am glad to know we are playing hard and not getting in bleacher fiSt fights, but damn, it's a sad state of affairs where our basketball program is now (FYI I totally believe this was necessary Stans needed to go). I just hope Ray can right the ship soon

engie
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM

17 wins in year 2 of a rebuild is just terrible!!1!1 Fire everybody!!!1!1

Consequently -- exactly where I thought we would be. Right on schedule.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Not a fair statement?? To state that we played a game tonight and 90% (just a bullshit guess) of the fan base didn't even know. Man I am glad to know we are playing hard and not getting in bleacher fiSt fights, but damn, it's a sad state of affairs where our basketball program is now (FYI I totally believe this was necessary Stans needed to go). I just hope Ray can right the ship soon

Sometimes you gotta look at the schedule. Stansbury played gawd awful OOC schedules long before Ray did. Ray is smart to pad the wins this year. We'll have plenty of tough games real soon.

TopDog58
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
With the pathetic state of the SEC it's going to take 12-14 league wins to get an NCAA bid. Not even your hero Stains put up those kind of win totals consistently. Hell, he was usually an 8-8 coach in a pathetic West toward the end of his tenure

Quaoarsking
01-02-2014, 11:09 PM
It's pretty pathetic to scoff at the idea of having 17 wins going into the SEC Tournament (giving us a shot at the NIT) one year after going 10-22.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 11:18 PM
With the pathetic state of the SEC it's going to take 12-14 league wins to get an NCAA bid. Not even your hero Stains put up those kind of win totals consistently. Hell, he was usually an 8-8 coach in a pathetic West toward the end of his tenure

Did we sign Larry Johnson, Stacy Augmon and Greg Anthony for this season? Nobody was expecting an NCAA berth this year.

TopDog58
01-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Did we sign Larry Johnson, Stacy Augmon and Greg Anthony for this season? Nobody was expecting an NCAA berth this year.

That was kind of my point. Hoopsdawg is downing Ray, when in reality we have no shot at the NCAA regardless. The SEC is a 3 bid league and bitching about the weak OOC this year is dumb. Ray needs wins. And he's getting them. Nobody was under the impression that we were competing for a tourney bid.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 11:31 PM
That was kind of my point. Hoopsdawg is downing Ray, when in reality we have no shot at the NCAA regardless. The SEC is a 3 bid league and bitching about the weak OOC this year is dumb. Ray needs wins. And he's getting them. Nobody was under the impression that we were competing for a tourney bid.

Gotcha and I agree. I'll be thrilled with an NIT berth. Slightly happy with a CBI berth.

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Our program was pretty much toxic at the end of Stans era. Ray had to not only level the building but demolish the foundation. I was tired of seeing us walking up the court or not even trying to rebound the ball. We look improved from last year so as long as we are improving I will give Ray time.

drunkernhelldawg
01-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Great job by our team during the 1st half of the season. Let's keep it going, Dawgs!