PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma showing why it was stupid to offer Saban 10 million

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:31 PM
to coach defense in a league full of Spread teams

Will James
01-02-2014, 09:43 PM
When money isn't an issue (and its not) you go get the best.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:49 PM
When money isn't an issue (and its not) you go get the best.

I dont know that he would be the best if he coached in the Big 12. He has struggled with Spread offenses- and he would face those every week at Texas.

They would obviously be very good because he would have top 5 recruiting classes every year- but I dont think he is as good of a fit out there as he is in the SEC.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2014, 09:59 PM

We will never know if that offer was ever made. I have serious doubts. It was an internet rumor for 2 years.

Will James
01-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Well just for arguments sake, what coach out there has been consistent at stopping the great college spread offenses that would be a better option for Tejas?

msstate7
01-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Well just for arguments sake, what coach out there has been consistent at stopping the great college spread offenses that would be a better option for Tejas?

Miles with chavis? Certainly own aTm

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Stanford handles them better than anyone I've seen. Stanford doesn't handle conventional football as well though.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Stanford handles them better than anyone I've seen. Stanford doesn't handle conventional football as well though.

Maybe the 4-3 with 2 great DE's is a better defense against the spread than the 3-4. I don't know.

As dominate as Bama has been in recruiting, their D-line doesn't dominate the way they should.

BogeyGolfer
01-02-2014, 10:28 PM

Saban is the best coach in the country, he would be worth every penny. He would dominate Texas recruiting and the Big 12. Pay him if you can get him. It's not like he hasn't played spread teams while at Bama, and he would adjust and be successful.

NCDawg
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Saban is the best coach in the country, he would be worth every penny. He would dominate Texas recruiting and the Big 12. Pay him if you can get him. It's not like he hasn't played spread teams while at Bama, and he would adjust and be successful.

I totally agree.