View Full Version : Bear Wilson nowhere to be found tonight in basketball

Coach34
01-02-2014, 08:08 PM
interesting

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Just for the record:

What are we hoping for here?

1. He plays basketball and makes our team slightly better, but risks injury and weight room time in the process?

2. He lifts weights, get bigger and faster, and spends an inordinate amount of time with Dak in the film room and running routes?

BulldogDX55
01-02-2014, 08:16 PM
interesting

He said in an interview at some point that he was taking a week off between football and basketball.

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Just for the record:

1. He plays basketball and makes our team slightly better, but risks injury and weight room time in the process?

2. He lifts weights, get bigger and faster, and spends an inordinate amount of time Dak in the film room and running routes?

He has a chance to go pro in one sport and a chance to be a roll player without a real position in the other.

sbcmortgageman
01-02-2014, 08:18 PM
interesting

Did yall really think he'd play two days removed from a bowl game? I'm still not sure he ever will.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Did yall really think he'd play two days removed from a bowl game? I'm still not sure he ever will.

No- I thought he would be on the bench watching tonight though getting to know his teammates.

Personally, I dont think he should play basketball. He is a 6'4 post player.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Just for the record:

2. He lifts weights, get bigger and faster, and spends an inordinate amount of time Dak in the film room and running routes?

Other than Sword, he's probably the best basketball player on our campus. It didn't hurt Ellington from USCe. By the way, We are tied with Maryland from the Eastern Shore with 7 minutes left.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 08:28 PM
He has a chance to go pro in one sport and a chance to be a roll player without a real position in the other.

How can you possibly know this since you've seen exactly dickel of him in basketball? We promised him he could play both. It's time to honor that promise. I want to see what last year's Mr. Basketball in Alabama can do on the court. We just lost Dre Applewhite and the two are basically the same size. Wilson will be a much needed addition for basketball. I can't wait to see him.

msstate7
01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Other than Sword, he's probably the best basketball player on our campus. It didn't hurt Ellington from USCe. By the way, We are tied with Maryland from the Eastern Shore with 7 minutes left.
Ware might disagree...

Coach34
01-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Other than Sword, he's probably the best basketball player on our campu.

What???

He's a 6'4 post player and has no position. That's why he wised up and chose football

msstate7
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
I think we should let him play both sports. This could be the way we get 2-sport athletes that we normally don't have a shot at. Be the program that allows it...

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
No- I thought he would be on the bench watching tonight though getting to know his teammates.

Personally, I dont think he should play basketball. He is a 6'4 post player.

So he lost 2 inches when he changed uniforms? Wilson is probably already better than Flat Top right now. It's not like we are asking Dak to play basketball here. I want to see Mr. Basketball play.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
I think we should let him play both sports. This could be the way we get 2-sport athletes that we normally don't have a shot at. Be the program that allows it...

Exactly and we promised him he'd get a shot at both. That's why we got him. Can't believe y'all don't want to honor that. Say we don't honor it and he transfers. Then he's not contributing in either sport.

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 08:38 PM
How can you possibly know this since you've seen exactly dickel of him in basketball? We promised him he could play both. It's time to honor that promise. I want to see what last year's Mr. Basketball in Alabama can do on the court. We just lost Dre Applewhite and the two are basically the same size. Wilson will be a much needed addition for basketball. I can't wait to see him.

See coach34 6'6 post player. And Dre was more of a 3 and Wilson is a 4

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
What???

He's a 6'4 post player and has no position. That's why he wised up and chose football

You obviously haven't watched us play much.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
We're up 9 at half- I bet you're pissed

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM

Guessing you're directing that at me. I'm so happy we're up 9 against a team ranked 341 out of 351!!!

engie
01-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Guessing you're directing that at me. I'm so happy we're up 9 against a team ranked 341 out of 351!!!

Yep, pissed.

Though his post was obviously directed at Hoopsdawg.

msstate7
01-02-2014, 08:49 PM

You say we're terrible with a terrible coach, yet you're upset we aren't beating teams worse.

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 08:51 PM
You say we're terrible with a terrible coach, yet you're upset we aren't beating teams worse.

You can't take anything away from this game.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 08:52 PM

I'll take it. If we can win we'll tie the win total from last year with a minimum of 19 games left. That's improvement. We're also in the top 10 nationally in steals. That's a ****ing miracle.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 08:52 PM

no- Hoopsdawg actually, but apparently it fits for you as well

engie
01-02-2014, 08:53 PM
You can't take anything away from this game.

Oh --- but you can take EVERYTHING about the direction of the program away from this rebuilding season?

More convenient logic shuffling...

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 08:54 PM

How do you have any clue what we are and are not allowing him to do?

My guess is that it is totally Wilson's decision.

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Oh --- but you can take EVERYTHING about the direction of the program away from this rebuilding season?

More convenient logic shuffling...

Maryland Eastern Shore won 2 games last year....

whosyourdawgy
01-02-2014, 09:03 PM
I don't know what all this pissing match is about but Wilson would help this basketball team. If he wants to play, let him try it. I don't think he needs to bulk up that much. Basketball will keep him in great shape and he will still be lifting during the season. I don't see the big deal. Hell it used to be done all the time.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm not talking about the staff. I'm talking about all the posters that don't want him playing basketball because y'all think he'll get hurt. Everyone was fired up when we signed him and Ray was so fired up he made a Vine over it. Now it's finally time to see what he's got on the court and y'all wanna wrap him in bubble wrap till spring football practice. As Al Pacino said in Heat "you can get hurt walking your doggie". I wanna see Bear posterizing Marshall Henderson. Let the Bear EAT!!

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Maryland Eastern Shore won 2 games last year....

and already won 2 games this year- they are improved also. You need to go ahead and get ready for us to win some SEC games

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 09:05 PM

completely indifferent as I will be the next 1.5 years.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not talking about the staff. I'm talking about all the posters that don't want him playing basketball because y'all think he'll get hurt. Everyone was fired up when we signed him and Ray was so fired up he made a Vine over it. Now it's finally time to see what he's got on the court and y'all wanna wrap him in bubble wrap till spring football practice. As Al Pacino said in Heat "you can get hurt walking your doggie". I wanna see Bear posterizing Marshall Henderson. Let the Bear EAT!!

I'm not saying he shouldnt play if he wants to- altho I personally would rather he didnt. But I also think many of you are setting yourselves up thinking he is better in basketball than he really is

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
completely indifferent as I will be the next 1.5 years.

Why 1.5?

msstate7
01-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Why 1.5?

Stansbury's return?

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Why 1.5?

b/c we won't be worth a shit for at least 1.5 years.

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
and already won 2 games this year- they are improved also. You need to go ahead and get ready for us to win some SEC games

Good god I'd hope we do. We did last year

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm not saying he shouldnt play if he wants to- altho I personally would rather he didnt. But I also think many of you are setting yourselves up thinking he is better in basketball than he really is

My expectations are about 6 points 6 boards and 2 blocks per game this year. And some really really sick dunks. That's all I expect. I would think Mr. Basketball can accomplish that and him just taking minutes from Flat Shot Fred will immediately improve the team. Flat Shot can donate his scholarship back to us next year and let Pollard have it imo.

Coach34
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM
b/c we won't be worth a shit for at least 1.5 years.

we'll win 20 games next year

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 09:13 PM

The eastern shore is better. That win over Salisbury really showed improvement.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 09:14 PM
we'll win 20 games next year

You can't win 20 games if you can't knock down a shot.

whosyourdawgy
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Wasn't De'Runnya Mr Basketball in Alabama his senior season? He's gotta be pretty damn good to get that accolade right?

engie
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Since you are indifferent, please do everyone a favor and just shut the **** up about it for the next 1.5 years. Should be easy enough.

Constantly stirring shit /=/ "indifferent".

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
The eastern shore is better. That win over Salisbury really showed improvement.

Coach34 has his own maryland eastern shore board too. There's not a question about the hawks he can't answer.

engie
01-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Just like there isn't a question about our basketball program that you can't answer huh?

Raytoraid83
01-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Just like there isn't a question about our basketball program that you can't answer huh?

You would think

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Since you are indifferent, please do everyone a favor and just shut the **** up about it for the next 1.5 years. Should be easy enough.

Constantly stirring shit /=/ "indifferent".

what am I stirring up shitbird? Indifferent for me is not going to the games or listening to the games like I normally do. We are putting a poor product on the court.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM

You have to be a woman. My god you can get your panties in a wad.

RAYn_Man
01-02-2014, 09:28 PM
I think we definately need "Bear" Wilson on the hard court. We lack outside shooting, and I heard through the grapevine that he was pretty smooth during halftime of the grizz game the other day. He could also help in the rebounding and shot block department.

Five-tool Poster
01-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Maryland Eastern Shore would have their hands full with the cast of the Jersey Shore.

Am i rite??

engie
01-02-2014, 09:30 PM
You have to be a woman. My god you can get your panties in a wad.

Yeah -- I'm the one that is bitching in every basketball thread...

msstate7
01-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Borchert is having a nice game. If he can continue to hit a few 3's and rebound, he can really help us.

Really wanna see ij shoot more

engie
01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
what am I stirring up shitbird? Indifferent for me is not going to the games or listening to the games like I normally do. We are putting a poor product on the court.

I feel like my IQ drops every time I reply to one of your posts about basketball.

You are a CONSTANTLY trolling contradiction.

Don't go to games or listen to games = basketball genius that TOTALLY knows the direction and future of the program**

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140103-tphm-34kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20140103-tphm-34kb)

Just a little more of your hypocrisy...

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Borchert is having a nice game. If he can continue to hit a few 3's and rebound, he can really help us.

Really wanna see ij shoot more

You and me both brother. He's by far the best shooter. I know he's short but that doesn't stop Chris Paul and IJ has plenty of shake to free his shot up. He needs to triple his attempts. It HURTS the team every game he only shoots 5 times.

RAYn_Man
01-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I do see a little CP3 in IJ. Along with a dash of Allen Iverson and a little John Stockton. I think he could be cultivated into a decent Nba backup, maybe even a starter.

msstate7
01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
77-63 certainly isn't a very impressive win; but when you consider sword only scored 3, it's a little better IMO.

RAYn_Man
01-02-2014, 09:50 PM
We really moved the ball well tonight though, which is a plus. I think we may have played down to our competition a little tonight. Didn't help we had a small home crowd. Maroon nation really needs to step it up for our team. They play hard out there.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Ware had a monster game. 21 points 16 boards. Borchert too. I'm hoping Bear frees up space for Ware. Bear doesn't have to be a scorer for the team to improve. Just free up room for Ware and we'll be better.

maroonmania
01-02-2014, 09:55 PM
If we TOLD Wilson he could play basketball when we signed him then he should be playing basketball unless HE decides not to. Its his life and his career, and if we told him he could play both sports we should honor our word. Apparently allowing both sports is the original reason Staley flipped from Vandy to us.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-02-2014, 10:25 PM
DeRunnya's future is on the football field not the basketball court and we all know it. I rather him focus on football. Going through spring would be huge for him considering he's only been playing football for 3 years.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Last year spring practice started on March 21st for MSU. The last day of bball for MSU was March 13th. He won't miss a single day of football.

RAYn_Man
01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
MSU basketball did not participate in postseason play last year. He might miss a few days this year if we go to the NIT or CBI as expected.

msstate7
01-02-2014, 10:42 PM
DeRunnya's future is on the football field not the basketball court and we all know it. I rather him focus on football. Going through spring would be huge for him considering he's only been playing football for 3 years.

Jimmy graham only played one season of college football. College basketball seemed to be good preparation for his football career. Rebounding at the college level could help bear in jump ball situations on the football field. I really think we should give him the opportunity that we promised him and I think we will

chainedup_Dawg
01-02-2014, 11:15 PM
A win is a win is a win, at this point, I could care less how pretty they are, just 17'n win