PDA

View Full Version : Would you be surprised to learn that

PMDawg
01-02-2014, 03:46 PM
We scored 23 points less in 2013 and gave up only 4 fewer points on defense than we did in 2012? It surprised me. I know the schedule was harder this year, but it really felt like the defense was playing a lot better than the shit we watched in 2012. Giving up 100 between LSU and A&M didn't help though.

FlabLoser
01-02-2014, 03:59 PM
That's why stats seldom tell the whole story. We gave LSU hell for 3 quarters. That game was in doubt going into the 4th, but you wouldn't know it from stats or the final score. Zach Mettenberger played his A game against us, and the D seeing the O couldn't help finally had their will broken in the 4th.

Would you rather have our D that gave us chances to win this year or our D that never had a chance in 2012?

PMDawg
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Not even a question which one I would want. That's why it surprised me.

CousinEddie
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I think all extra points should be from the 10 (making it a 27 yard field goal essentially)

Also, I think it should be a live, untimed down...meaning, if its blocked, not only can you advance it, but if you cross the 25 yard line with the ball, the other team doesn't even get to kick the ball off.

Its a little convoluted, but its not rocket science. If the ball is blocked, you can return it for 2 points, or you can attempt to advance the ball past the 25 yard line. Then you are given the option, kick the ball or take it from where you got it.

It would make teams try harder to block PAT's, and it preserves the 1 point score

smootness
01-02-2014, 04:40 PM
It's not at all surprising. We won 8 regular season games in 2012, 6 in 2013. Do you remember all the calls for Mullen to go and that Collins could follow right behind?

The last 4 games of the season are what is on our mind now, and that is when we really turned the corner and started playing better than 2012. But as a whole, 2012 was still a better year.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I think all extra points should be from the 10 (making it a 27 yard field goal essentially)

Also, I think it should be a live, untimed down...meaning, if its blocked, not only can you advance it, but if you cross the 25 yard line with the ball, the other team doesn't even get to kick the ball off.

Its a little convoluted, but its not rocket science. If the ball is blocked, you can return it for 2 points, or you can attempt to advance the ball past the 25 yard line. Then you are given the option, kick the ball or take it from where you got it.

It would make teams try harder to block PAT's, and it preserves the 1 point score

So why ever take it into the end zone for 2 points? Take a knee inside the 1 and have 4 shots at an actual touchdown

smootness
01-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Why do I keep seeing replies to the wrong thread? Is it an issue with the site?

sleepy dawg
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
It's not at all surprising. We won 8 regular season games in 2012, 6 in 2013. Do you remember all the calls for Mullen to go and that Collins could follow right behind?

The last 4 games of the season are what is on our mind now, and that is when we really turned the corner and started playing better than 2012. But as a whole, 2012 was still a better year.

You read my mind. The most shocking thing to me was how so many people thought last year was such a terrible year... We won 8 GD regular season games playing in the toughest division in all of college football, and so many people were disappointed... ridiculous.

Saltydog
01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
nt

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 05:18 PM
At first glance this is surprising, but upon further review it makes sense.

In 2012:

Auburn was obviously much worse, therefore we scored more points and gave up less.
Arkansas was much worse and scored more.
LSU's offense was better this year and was in it's prime when they played us. We played them at a bad time in 2013.
OK State
Bama blew us out last year, but in doing that, they took their number 1 defense off the field earlier and we were able to score a few points.
3 string QB started against OM.

QuadrupleOption
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
We scored 23 points less in 2013 and gave up only 4 fewer points on defense than we did in 2012? It surprised me. I know the schedule was harder this year, but it really felt like the defense was playing a lot better than the shit we watched in 2012. Giving up 100 between LSU and A&M didn't help though.

If we'd had a field goal kicker worth a shit the points in 2013 would have been slightly better.

Political Hack
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
A&M and LSU..

We held two bowl teams to one offensive TD in our last 8 quarters of play.