PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Season

bulldogsmsu
01-02-2014, 03:02 PM
I can't believe we have to wait 8 months for another MSU football game. This is going to be a very long off season. So much anticipation for next year. New Stadium, returning most starters, starting the year with USM, and getting to see how Dak starts off the season with sky high numbers! Is there a fast forward button??

msstate7
01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Don't fast forward thru our national championship in baseball (fingers crossed)

bulldogsmsu
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Very True!!

preachermatt83
01-02-2014, 03:17 PM
I can't wait!!!

PMDawg
01-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Only 240 days! Haha

Don't worry, that new baby will fast forward your life for you.

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Could 2014 end up being one of the greatest years in MSU sports? An elite baseball team; a possibly elite Women's Golf team (yes, I typed that); NCAA tournys in Women's Basketball, both golf, both Tennis, Track, an softball? Stars potentially aligning in football for a terrific season? That would be very tough to top across the board. I don't ever remember as many MSU teams clicking at the same time as this.

RougeDawg
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but a break from football is much needed in Camp Rouge. I made every game except OKSt, Troy, @A&M, and @USC, and it has just about nearly done me in. I also squeezed two weddings in on off weekends, both of which were traveling long distances (Austin and Fayetteville) and I am burnt out.

As much as I love watching MSU football, the next few months will be much appreciated and hopefully the Basketball team can keep improving and Baseball pick up where we left off, to bridge the gap from Jan-June. The State of Our program and university as a whole is pretty damn good right now, and the gap should only continue to widen in Mississippi going forward.

smootness
01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm pumped about next year, but as a State fan your teeth are always somewhat clenched just waiting for something to dampen the excitement.

These are the things I want to see before next year begins:
- No major defections; you'll always have some here and there, but under Mullen we've mostly avoided having huge personnel losses in the offseason. Hopefully that continues.
- That includes no unexpected early declarations for the draft. I don't think we'll have any, but there have been whispers around guys like Preston Smith and McKinney. I hope to see both back.
- Keep Collins and Townsend and no other unexpected coaching losses, like Gonzales.
- No major injuries over the summer.

If all of that happens, and I don't think it's crazy that it could all come to fruition, then the excitement will reach a fever pitch heading into September.

Barking 13
01-02-2014, 05:01 PM
NSD, fishing, SBW / spring game, fishing, BB post season, fishing, two a days, then it's on...

Sam&DeansDawg
01-02-2014, 05:41 PM

+1