PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd

CadaverDawg
01-02-2014, 12:57 PM
said that Bill Belicheck is saying something should be done about PAT's in the NFL. Says they are boring and automatic at that level. Said he would be in favor of everybody having to go for 2 every time or something like that.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, they should make extra points longer. Make them line up at the 20 and kick a 37 yard field goal, OR go for 2 from the 2 or 3 yard line. That way, it isn't an automatic point.

Barking 13
01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
just give 'em 7 to begin with, and kick it off..

FlabLoser
01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Tono Romo says place holding is never automatic.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-02-2014, 01:04 PM
just give 'em 7 to begin with, and kick it off..

Maybe that will do away with the score-commercials- kickoff-commercials format

TheRef
01-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Tono Romo says place holding is never automatic.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t9D_ovmGhQE/TMXf2VTg-0I/AAAAAAAA850/qgM6kJ6orwE/s1600/Tony+Romo+crying.jpg

FlabLoser
01-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Maybe that will do away with the score-commercials- kickoff-commercials format

Never. If anything, eliminating extra points frees up another 30 seconds for more commercials.

I HATE score-commercials-kickoff-commercials. The elapsed time between offensive plays is almost as long as halftime. Granted, an NFL halftime is pretty short.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I like making the extra points longer. You don't want to get rid of them all together because that takes away from the point differentiation and strategy of the game. I like the strategies of either going for two or kicking to tie the game.

There has to be a way to score 1 point in football. IMO, it messes the game up if you don't have that option.

Barking 13
01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Never. If anything, eliminating extra points frees up another 30 seconds for more commercials.

I HATE score-commercials-kickoff-commercials. The elapsed time between offensive plays is almost as long as halftime. Granted, an NFL halftime is pretty short.

Smokers love it... ;)

dawgs
01-02-2014, 01:32 PM
In my opinion, they should make extra points longer. Make them line up at the 20 and kick a 37 yard field goal, OR go for 2 from the 2 or 3 yard line. That way, it isn't an automatic point.

i like that idea.

it'd also make big physical running QBs very very valuable for 2 pt conversion plays. guys that otherwise might not make a NFL 2 deep might find themselves with backup QB jobs purely because they can fall forward 2 yards a few times per game.

dogshiek
01-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Extra points are always exciting for bulldawgs.

smootness
01-02-2014, 04:49 PM
I say you make the current 2-point conversion worth 1 point, or you can go for it from the 10 for 2 points. It would definitely make the games more interesting and lead to more changes in strategy. Tacking on one more point that is essentially automatic makes no sense to me.

I would also go back to a 25-second play clock, at least in college.