PDA

View Full Version : Breeland Speaks to play for his dream school? LSU making a run.

EAVdog
01-01-2014, 07:34 PM
@ImKoolLike_THAT: I think I'm bout to get this LSU offer! #childhood #dream

Merry Flipmas Les?

Bully Dee Williams
01-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Get those screenshots ready boys! Those OM fans are gonna go nuts. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of aholes!

HoopsDawg
01-01-2014, 07:40 PM
@ImKoolLike_THAT: I think I'm bout to get this LSU offer! #childhood #dream

Merry Flipmas Les?

That would be awesome.

smootness
01-01-2014, 07:41 PM
He may just mean that it was always his dream to get an offer from them, but man, it would be hilarious if he flipped.

Bully Dee Williams
01-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Paul Jones says that if Speaks gets the offer, there is a good chance he flips. Would love it!

Sacrifice
01-01-2014, 07:53 PM
That would be a HUGE loss for them. He's one of there best recruits. The meltdown would be epic....

maroonmania
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM
#NegotiatingLeverage

Fader21
01-01-2014, 10:06 PM
He better make sure it's the real LSU. I believe OM would dress someone up in LSU gear and say he has an offer. Then the past min pull it so he can commit back to the bears. Flipping their own recruits 2.0

AlSwearengen
01-01-2014, 10:09 PM
#NegotiatingLeverage

We are going to see just how worried the rebels are about scrutiny from the ncaa. That, or other conference members and their alumni have figured out what they have to do to recruit against them.

Political Hack
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
He better make sure it's the real LSU. I believe OM would dress someone up in LSU gear and say he has an offer. Then the past min pull it so he can commit back to the bears. Flipping their own recruits 2.0

As absurd as that is, I seriously wouldn't put something similar past them just so they can claim a recruiting victory over LSU.

fishwater99
01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
They already did a fake flip with Bama and the Meridian kid.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
With LSU losing out on defensive tackles today and Anthony Johnson declaring for the draft, I would think they are about to come after Speaks with all they have.

Original48
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
#NegotiatingLeverage
My exact thought. You think a big time recruit doesn't know the same thing Nick Saban's agent knows??

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Ru row

Breeland Speaks ‏@ImKoolLike_THAT 9m
LSU just offered #GeauxTigers ��
Retweeted by John Talty

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 07:12 PM
This is gonna be good. I want to see him flip, but I think him and Epps both end up in Bearville. Once you get Ole Miss stink on you, it's hard to get it off.

He took all the OM related pics of himself down on Twitter as well.

Coach34
01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
LSU is gonna come in hard- Speaks will be a battle. Epps is just doing what the Meridian kid did- get attention to show OM flipping their own recruit. Auburn doesnt even want the kid

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 07:36 PM
LSU is gonna come in hard- Speaks will be a battle. Epps is just doing what the Meridian kid did- get attention to show OM flipping their own recruit. Auburn doesnt even want the kid

Agreed...on Epps! Word is that LSU may offer OMs other DL commit (McDowell) soon. Losing those guys would be a massive blow for them.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 08:18 PM
This is gonna be good. I want to see him flip, but I think him and Epps both end up in Bearville. Once you get Ole Miss stink on you, it's hard to get it off.

He took all the OM related pics of himself down on Twitter as well.

I think there is a very good chance that Speaks flips.

smootness
01-03-2014, 08:35 PM

Me, too. This doesn't seem like a troll job, it looks like he's already as good as gone.

EAVdog
01-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Don't be so quick to write off Epps, it'll come down to State and Ole Miss (as it stands now) but we have a real shot assuming he makes on OV.

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Don't be so quick to write off Epps, it'll come down to State and Ole Miss (as it stands now) but we have a real shot assuming he makes on OV.

I would love to have him, but everything people are saying indicates he'll be at OM. I will gladly eat the crow if that changes.

It will be interesting to see what Epps does if Speaks flips. They are really good friends. If Dpeaks ends up at LSU, I would say our chances increase a bit.

msstate7
01-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I would love to have him, but everything people are saying indicates he'll be at OM. I will gladly eat the crow if that changes.

It will be interesting to see what Epps does if Speaks flips. They are really good friends. If Dpeaks ends up at LSU, I would say our chances increase a bit.

I'd love to have epps, but hutcherson is the te that intrigues me. 6'7" 260!!! I'd love to have that size in the red zone

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM

We're going to have to hit a grand slam to pull it off. To me, it makes more sense for a TE to come to MSU. Malcolm will be a senior and Samuel is more of a conventional TE. Walley is injury prone and we just moved Holmes back to LB full time. Ole Miss has Engram who is a sophomore and is a good one.

sbcmortgageman
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM

LSU is all in. They lost 2 DT to NFL in last 24 hours and 2 5* HS DL recruits from their home state in last 24 hours. Miles has to do something to save face. Speaks is only looking at OM in his rear view mirror now. Within a week, OM will have lost 2 of their 4 Calloway commits. CJ is a lot richer for flipping to OM. They'll keep Taylor as well.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
I'd love to have epps, but hutcherson is the te that intrigues me. 6'7" 260!!! I'd love to have that size in the red zone

Along with a 6'5" Gus Walley (I know) and 6'5" Bear Wilson and 6'4" Joe Morrow. Dak could throw it up for grabs just about anywhere in the end zone and odds are someone is going to haul it in that's wearing maroon and white. Then my boy Fred Brown is 6'3".

But the thing I like about Epps is having him for four years as opposed to two. And then there's the automatic JUCO six game adjustment period.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 09:05 PM
LSU is all in. They lost 2 DT to NFL in last 24 hours and 2 5* HS DL recruits from their home state in last 24 hours. Miles has to do something to save face. Speaks is only looking at OM in his rear view mirror now. Within a week, OM will have lost 2 of their 4 Calloway commits. CJ is a lot richer for flipping to OM. They'll keep Taylor as well.

Yes, and LSU has had a player or two from Callaway in the past.

bully99
01-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Somebody this evening asked Rosebowl if it was an advantage that Epps was taking a crootin visit to Starkville before Oxford, and Rosebowl said it didn't matter when he was visiting, he's very Unlikely going to sign with State. So Rosebowl seems to think it's another dog and pony show.

smootness
01-03-2014, 09:24 PM

What's really crazy is that we'll have a freaking QB that big.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Somebody this evening asked Rosebowl if it was an advantage that Epps was taking a crootin visit to Starkville before Oxford, and Rosebowl said it didn't matter when he was visiting, he's very Unlikely going to sign with State. So Rosebowl seems to think it's another dog and pony show.

Rosebowl also seems to not think Epps is very good. He says regardless of what he did in the MS/AL All-Star game, Epps runs a 4.7 but has a WR's body. Rosebowl says, "I did not say Epps is slow, the stopwatch said he was slow."

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I don't even follow Rosebowl, but I have heard very similar things from folks unafilliated w/ Steve. If a few dominoes fall the right way, I suppose it could happen with Epps. Unfortunately, I think it is a case close to what we saw with Hampton.

There was word about a week ago that Taylor was going to visit on 1/17, but it appears he has decided against it. Something weird happened between the Walker kid and OM. Some folks aren't terribly thrilled about it.

AlSwearengen
01-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Rosebowl also seems to not think Epps is very good. He says regardless of what he did in the MS/AL All-Star game, Epps runs a 4.7 but has a WR's body. Rosebowl says, "I did not say Epps is slow, the stopwatch said he was slow."

I remember seeing some olemiss fans saying the same thing back when he committed to them. When they bitch about a commit, you know something is up. At the same time, the kid was a two star at the time, so that could have played a factor.

Thick
01-03-2014, 09:59 PM
He may just mean that it was always his dream to get an offer from them, but man, it would be hilarious if he flipped.

Smoot, your statement is kind of strange. Why would any kid dream of an offer just to turn it down? I'm not trying to flame you, but that kid is LSU bound if he gets an offer.

msstate7
01-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Smoot, your statement is kind of strange. Why would any kid dream of an offer just to turn it down? I'm not trying to flame you, but that kid is LSU bound if he gets an offer.

Hope you're right. He received offer

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:06 PM

Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 as well. I'd say he did OK. And as far as the "wide receiver's body"- does he really expect these HIGH SCHOOL kids to be developed and SEC ready at this point in their lives? He's going to get in the weight room whether it's at MSU, Ole Miss, or St. Mary's Seminary.

The bottom line is, when the whistle blows, he performs. Doesn't matter what the stopwatch says or what he says.

whosyourdawgy
01-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Agreed Todd, from what I saw, I don't care what is being said about Epps. He is a player and we would do well to get him in maroon and white

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Agreed Todd, from what I saw, I don't care what is being said about Epps. He is a player and we would do well to get him in maroon and white

And this just a week or two after he admitted to looking at players that he "missed" on high school video and then admitting that it was usually because he underestimated their heart. You would think that- plus the fact that our staff which is notorious for finding diamonds in the rough and developing them offering him would set of an alarm in his head.

The difference between running a 4.7 and running a 4.5 40 is really small- and to me, pretty negligible when you look at the overall body of work. He calls him a tweener- but that's EXACTLY what our TE's are in Dan's system. They're H-backs. We line them up in the slot, occasionally on the wing, occasionally next to a tackle and occasionally as a FB.

And don't get me started on his idiotic comments about Grant Harris only wanting to play DE that Paul had to clear up.

Bully Dee Williams
01-03-2014, 10:29 PM
I agree with a few of the other recent posters. From what I have seen, Epps is a ball player when he hits the field. Thats all that counts. He would be a great addition to the team.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2014, 10:32 PM
I definitely wouldn't mind having Epps but the MS/AL game was the best game of his life. He wasn't the best or go to WR on his Greenwood team it was USM commit Korey Robertson. Again I wouldn't mind him coming to MSU but I think he's a solid player not a difference maker.

engie
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Kid has tremendous game speed for his size. IDGAF what rosey's stop watch said.

http://vimeo.com/82036187

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2014, 10:36 PM

Yeah - he looked slow as shit running past the AL All star team after making a one handed catch.

I swear, some 'recruiting analysts' would rather be right in their alleged evaluation of a player than just admitting they were wrong. The problem Epps had is that he committed to the Bears and rosey has already shown that his evaluation will change depending on who you commit to. Remember the Moore bros, from the summer, they went from "Best players at Big Dawg Camp" to barely top 20 players in the state.

Though I don't care that he is low balling bear commits, he can't expect me to take him seriously from that point forward.

smootness
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM

My point is that he may have grown up wanting to be good enough to get an offer from a school like that...or he may have actually grown up an LSU fan...but that doesn't necessarily mean he would take the offer.

For example, I may have grown up dreaming of being at a high enough level that a school like Texas would offer me in football. But when the time came, and they did offer, I might not take it. Because by that point I would have gotten to know individual coaches, learned a lot more about each school, and my goals and things may have changed.

Perhaps he's always dreamed of an LSU offer but he's built too much of a relationship with the Ole Miss coaches and will still go there. That's all I was saying.

engie
01-03-2014, 10:46 PM
The 3 he made look ridiculous for 50 yards:

#24 - Composite .9333 4* Auburn commit Stephen Roberts
#42 - Composite .8848 3* Alabama commit Keith Holcombe(formerly committed to us)
#30 - Composite .9828 4* Auburn commit Tre' Williams

That was elite talent that he ran past.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:48 PM

I LMAO when I saw "scout- always on top of our game" at the beginning of that video.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Yeah - he looked slow as shit running past the AL All star team after making a one handed catch.

I swear, some 'recruiting analysts' would rather be right in their alleged evaluation of a player than just admitting they were wrong. The problem Epps had is that he committed to the Bears and rosey has already shown that his evaluation will change depending on who you commit to. Remember the Moore bros, from the summer, they went from "Best players at Big Dawg Camp" to barely top 20 players in the state.

Though I don't care that he is low balling bear commits, he can't expect me to take him seriously from that point forward.

What he said.

engie
01-03-2014, 10:58 PM
It kills me that we've still got fans that "trust Rosey's evaluations 100%" -- yet he pulled that switcheroo on the Moore twins in the most apparent way possible -- and would do the same on Epps if he actually flipped to us...

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2014, 11:06 PM
It kills me that we've still got fans that "trust Rosey's evaluations 100%" -- yet he pulled that switcheroo on the Moore twins in the most apparent way possible -- and would do the same on Epps if he actually flipped to us...

He had Sharief White as a top 10 player in the state, when he thought MSU was about to offer him. Then MSU pulls the offer, and ULL picked him up, and people started asking the last time ULL was able to grab a top 10 player in MS, and all of a sudden White didn't seem so impressive. Im not sure where rosey put him in his rankings now.

Also before the season he said Hampton was a top 20 player in the state at best. Then Bama offers along with half of the SEC and his response was that Hampton's foot work improved since the last time he saw him.

Personally, Im fine with recruiting sites playing to their audience, people aren't going to pay money to be told their recruiting class sucks and that their rival's is way better than ours. That just isn't going to happen, and Im ok with it, but lets not pretend to be anything more than that.

Todd4State
01-03-2014, 11:23 PM

Yep. And he's the master of revisionist history- which is what he told people on twitter after he was called out about supporting DeVinner.

"Hey, it's not me- it's the stop watch." That would be like a MLB scout missing on Clayton Kershaw and saying "Hey, it's not me- it's the radar gun".

Thick
01-03-2014, 11:57 PM
My point is that he may have grown up wanting to be good enough to get an offer from a school like that...or he may have actually grown up an LSU fan...but that doesn't necessarily mean he would take the offer.

For example, I may have grown up dreaming of being at a high enough level that a school like Texas would offer me in football. But when the time came, and they did offer, I might not take it. Because by that point I would have gotten to know individual coaches, learned a lot more about each school, and my goals and things may have changed.

Perhaps he's always dreamed of an LSU offer but he's built too much of a relationship with the Ole Miss coaches and will still go there. That's all I was saying.

I see your point. I think he takes the LSU offer. I agree that Les needs to save some face, and flipping an OM commit that's pretty damn good might help. Follow your dream Breeland!