PDA

View Full Version : One thing I noticed that dak needs improvement

civildawg
01-01-2014, 07:18 PM
In the offseason is leading receivers more. I saw a lot of passes that receivers would have to hold up on instead of catching in stride and getting more yards. Hopefully a full spring training will help him out even though Lewis seems to fall most of the time to make sure he catches the ball

smootness
01-01-2014, 07:43 PM
...is his speech-writing. That's it.

hailmari
01-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah, Lewis seems to be very top heavy. Dak needs to get it to him where he doesn't fall every time.

Where'sWaldo
01-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Dak definitely needs to work his tail off all offseason on his passing. He will determine how good we are next year and we need him to take a big step forward to have a shot at Bama and LSU next year. If Ole Miss holds on to an easy interception late in the egg bowl our whole season outlook would be different. He has the talent to be a great passer and I expect him to improve a lot for next season.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 09:08 PM
I saw great improvement already. He used to just throw straight line darts all the time. Yesterday he put a little loft on his throws. The lofted touch pass back to Lewis for 65 yards was/is improvement. Before he would of broken Lewis's facemask.

SDDawg
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Dak definitely needs to work his tail off all offseason on his passing. He will determine how good we are next year and we need him to take a big step forward to have a shot at Bama and LSU next year. If Ole Miss holds on to an easy interception late in the egg bowl our whole season outlook would be different. He has the talent to be a great passer and I expect him to improve a lot for next season.

Which play was that?

HoopsDawg
01-01-2014, 09:14 PM
He threw a pretty ball to Samuel. I'm not sure he had that touch last year. We also had about 3 drops.

Where are you stud receiver? Please step up Fred Ross and please play the most talented guys Mulllen.

Harrydawg
01-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes, Dakota has a cannon and is a much more improved passer than when he came out of H.S. All I asks form him
to continue his improvement in the off season......just continue his improvement and he will be very special. He is already
a media darling with his story and late season heroicts this season.

Some of the out routes deep across the field show his arm strength.

Bo Darville
01-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Dak has lots he needs to improve on. However, his combination of passing, running, leadership, work ethic, and likability is unlike any MSU QB I've seen in my lifetime. He could be one of our best ever before he leaves.

He does have tons to work on. If you ask Manning, Brees, etc. they will all tell you they have things they need to improve on. That is why they keep working. The great ones have a drive to always get better. I expect Dak to continue to improve. He can take us a long way.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 09:24 PM
He threw a pretty ball to Samuel. I'm not sure he had that touch last year. We also had about 3 drops.

Where are you stud receiver? Please step up Fred Ross and please play the most talented guys Mulllen.

Funny saying that a day after Jameon sets the single game record at MSU. I get what you mean but it's still funny.

LeakyD
01-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I just realized that I didn't even notice Morrow the whole game. Derunya must've gotten the majority of the snaps.

smootness
01-01-2014, 11:01 PM

We bring everybody back, just had a guy set the single-game receiving record, and our WRs as a whole got much better as the year progressed. We're going to be fine there.

Who are you upset about him not playing at WR? Ross has been hurt since the end of the year.

Next year we'll have De'Runnya Wilson, who could be much improved, Fred Ross, Jeremy Chappelle, Robert Johnson, Joe Morrow, Fred Brown, and some newcomers as outside targets, Christy especially. That's plenty talented.

And Jameon should be a huge stud in the slot.

drunkernhelldawg
01-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Dak has great control of the team. Hope it holds through the off season. The sky is the limit.

War Machine Dawg
01-02-2014, 12:22 AM
I just realized that I didn't even notice Morrow the whole game. Derunya must've gotten the majority of the snaps.

Morrow is my #2 attrition candidate behind Milton. As I've said ad nauseum, he's soft.

FISHDAWG
01-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Morrow is my #2 attrition candidate behind Milton. As I've said ad nauseum, he's soft.

^^^ totally agree on this assessment ... and I'll raise you one Fred Ross, although I will give a true Freshman another year to change my mind ... just like I did for Morrow already

DawgInMemphis
01-02-2014, 10:22 AM

You can play the if's and but's game both ways. If Dak is healthy and gets reps in practice and plays the entire game, I think we win convincingly. Same with the Arky game.

Goat Holder
01-02-2014, 10:22 AM
No doubt, but he improved exponentially as the season went along. He couldn't even FIND the open receivers against Auburn, much less hit them in stride, but he was looking very sharp vs. Ole Miss and Rice.

In hindsight, I'm glad he got experience this year, although it almost cost us dearly in regards to the bowl streak.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2014, 10:24 AM
No doubt, but he improved exponentially as the season went along. He couldn't even FIND the open receivers against Auburn, much less hit them in stride, but he was looking very sharp vs. Ole Miss and Rice.

In hindsight, I'm glad he got experience this year, although it almost cost us dearly in regards to the bowl streak.

Wow, you are a joke.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2014, 10:25 AM
^^^ totally agree on this assessment ... and I'll raise you one Fred Ross, although I will give a true Freshman another year to change my mind ... just like I did for Morrow already

Wow, your already suggesting that Fred Ross could be a bust? What evidence do you have of that?

By saying "he has a year to change your mind." Your insinuating that your mind has already been made up.

Don't act like a Bear. Player development is a real thing and some players take a little longer than others.

FISHDAWG
01-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Wow, your already suggesting that Fred Ross could be a bust? What evidence do you have of that?

By saying "he has a year to change your mind." Your insinuating that your mind has already been made up.

Don't act like a Bear. Player development is a real thing and some players take a little longer than others.

Fred Ross probably has the most dropped passes of any recvr this season ... you believe what you want to ... I'll believe what I have seen ... btw, how long will you give Morrow to develop ?

smootness
01-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Fred Ross probably has the most dropped passes of any recvr this season ... you believe what you want to ... I'll believe what I have seen ... btw, how long will you give Morrow to develop ?

No, he doesn't. He didn't have close to enough targets for that to be the case. I don't remember him dropping much at all anyway.

But why in the world would you ever suggest that a true freshman can't cut it, especially one who didn't play a whole lot and who was hurt at times?

Goat Holder
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Wow, you are literally the worst poster on this site.

FISHDAWG
01-02-2014, 11:18 AM
No, he doesn't. He didn't have close to enough targets for that to be the case. I don't remember him dropping much at all anyway.

But why in the world would you ever suggest that a true freshman can't cut it, especially one who didn't play a whole lot and who was hurt at times?

was he hurt while he was playing ? ........ I saw him dropping several passes in route to his 9 receptions

Goat Holder
01-02-2014, 12:06 PM

EVERY player should be given at least until their Junior year before they are judged, regardless of whether or not they redshirt. Especially Mississippi high school players, who don't get much coaching in high school.