PDA

View Full Version : There's rumor floating around on twitter about Benardrick McKinney

MetEdDawg
01-01-2014, 01:50 PM
and that he may declare for the NFL Draft. I've seen a few reports of it and what I have seen has said he will get a very good grade and could be a 1st round draft pick. I know there was the Bleacher Report mock draft a couple days ago, but Matthew Stevens just retweeted Scott Bischoff who is a member of the Pro Football Writers Association and he tweeted this:

RT @Bischoff_Scott: Spoke to source and Mississippi State OLB Benardrick McKinney is going to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft

I'm not saying it's going to happen and I know it's early and sudden, but there seems to be steam growing with this. Just be on the lookout because if he thinks he's going to get a 1st round grade or a very good 2nd round grade, I could see him going. It would be a huge testament to what we have begun to build at MSU that we took a 2 star LB from Rosa Fort, MS and turned him into a 1st round draft pick as a RS Sophomore.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
There is rampant speculation on twitter that McKinney may declare for the NFL draft.

Now I have no idea if this coming from McKinney or people making baseless assumptions, but someone is in McKinney's ear telling him to do something stupid.

I believe that with a full year and more developed Chris Jones and our d-line next season, McKinney can greatly improve his NFL stock by coming back for one more year whether is plays LB or DE.

I simply don't think McKinney is ready, has not miximized his draft potential, and would greatly benifit by coming back one more season.

However, I don't know his family's financial situation and I ultimately can't blame anyone coming from a rough situation for taking the money that's on the table. I just hope the coaches get to him and make him realize what a dumb business decision this would be.

Raytoraid83
01-01-2014, 01:52 PM
He told our reporters on Sunday that he wanted to come back and improve on some things and be a top 5 line backer in next years draft, so someone is getting false info.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Even if true...That's great! We'll miss him, but that means we are sending more players to the NFL, so tell a 5 star LB he could be next...sign him...develop him...watch him kick ass...rinse, repeat.

This is not a bad thing. Richie will step up, and Dez Harris will need to step up for depth. We also have Z Jackson behind Richie, Benny, and Wells. It's all good

CadaverDawg
01-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Either way, we're in good shape. It's great to get him back, but it's great to have another first round pick. This is a Win/Win for the Dawgs.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Also Dee will be at olb next year also. So if he leaves we still have Arrington, Wells, R. Brown, B. Brown, Jackson, & Harris for the 2 deep not counting Green & Cooper coming in.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Also Dee will be at olb next year also. So if he leaves we still have Arrington, Wells, R. Brown, B. Brown, Jackson, & Harris for the 2 deep not counting Green & Cooper coming in.

Bingo. Plus all of the recruiting help that putting BMac into the league so early. It's a win no matter how you look at it.

defiantdog
01-01-2014, 02:03 PM
He's 6'5" 240.... has the ability to be a Demarcus Ware style DE in the NFL. One more year can only help him, but I definitely see him leaving after next year.

maroonmania
01-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Hopefully our staff will work with him in getting his grading back from the NFL and he will make a well informed decision one way or the other. If he gets a first round grade then I certainly see him going or even a second round grade if he has a financial hardship. Selfishly I hope he comes back for at least one more year because our defense next year with him can be really special.

Bully Dee Williams
01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Right now, he has the measurables to be a 1st round pick. But, do you all think he goes 1st round this year? I would think he needs another year to get to that point. Either way, good for him and good for us.

PS
I think he does have a kid. Financially, it could be a necessary step for him.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
This is so stupid. First of all McKinney is a LINEBACKER. BR has him leaving early to be a DEFENSIVE END. Ahead of Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Gabe Jackson, Jarvis Landry, AJ McCarron. There's no ****ing way this is true.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I think he would go first round. He's athletically a freak. NFL Scouts love combine warriors and I think he would be one. That being said, I think another year in our system would help him a lot, but I still think he's talented enough and physically gifted enough to go first round with only two years of college tape on him.

Coach34
01-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I dont think McKinney can get into the 1st round this year. He'll be a top 20 pick in next year's draft if he stays

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2014, 02:14 PM
I dont think McKinney can get into the 1st round this year. He'll be a top 20 pick in next year's draft if he stays

Problem is that with new slotting system its important to get to that second contract as soon as possible.

Bully Dee Williams
01-01-2014, 02:16 PM
It would be pretty awesome to take a 2-star former HS quarterback and put him in the 1st round as an LB after his redshirt sophomore season. People laugh when we take guys like McKinney and Calhoun, but those guys are bad to the bone.

Coach34
01-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Problem is that with new slotting system its important to get to that second contract as soon as possible.

No doubt- but going 14th or so overall and being in the draft room in NY is alot better than going mid-2nd round

Coach34
01-01-2014, 02:22 PM
It would be pretty awesome to take a 2-star former HS quarterback and put him in the 1st round as an LB after his redshirt sophomore season. People laugh when we take guys like McKinney and Calhoun, but those guys are bad to the bone.

Dumbasses from Bafoom and star gazers laugh at these kind of signees for us. SEC coaches arent.

mic
01-01-2014, 02:23 PM
well I will was told this Monday..
Good friend of mine knows the national scout for the Dolphins. He asked him what guys from our time they like . Of course loved Gabe . They like B Mac. Love the fact that he is raw. And said he could be the ideal stand up defensive end for rush 3rd down and move him around a lot.. add some weight to him.
Still don't think he should come out this year. But if he did he is a second day pick up for sure..

SheltonChoked
01-01-2014, 02:27 PM
If he really does get a 1st round grade from the advisory board, he should go. I'll miss having him in maroon.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2014, 02:27 PM
No doubt- but going 14th or so overall and being in the draft room in NY is alot better than going mid-2nd round

I hear ya - Just hard to tell a kid to pass up a million bucks and a chance for millions more as long as you stay healthy and have a solid year the following year;

Im hearing that is why Moncrief is leaving early - he has a kid and a guaranteed 800k-2.2 million (2nd round signing bonuses last year) is just too much to risk.

I have heard nothing about McKinney though - so someone else is going to have to provide info on this one.

nemsdawg
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=95101&draftyear=2016&genpos=OLB
This website has him as the #1 rated OLB.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
That says projected draft class 2016

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=95101&draftyear=2016&genpos=OLB
This website has him as the #1 rated OLB.

nemsdawg
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
My bad. I should have looked more closely. Regardless they think highly of him.