OT - Clausell - Senior
OG - Clayborn - Muniz
C - Day - Desper
OG - Malone - Beckwith
OT - Joc. Johnson - Robinson

Thoughts?

NCDawg
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM
OL still a question mark in my opinion. Pretty good on pass protection, but we seem unable to block well enough consistently to open holes for our RB's.

dixieh
01-01-2014, 01:30 PM
I can't wait for Mullen to go back to his 600 page playbook and bring out more dual-threat running/pass plays - we SHOULD go back to doing a lot more 2009 runs now that we don't have a drop back passer.

defiantdog
01-01-2014, 01:55 PM
QB - Dak - Williams
RB - Jrob - Shump
WR - Wilson - Christie - Morrow
WR - R. Johnson - Ross - Chappelle
WR - Lewis - Holloway - Gabe Myles
TE - M. Johnson - Samuel - BJ Hampton
OT - Clausell - Senior
OG - Clayborn - Muniz
C - Day - Desper
OG - Malone - Beckwith
OT - Joc. Johnson - Robinson

Thoughts?
Had to add a few changes.... I don't think Ross will play slot because of his size. He's currently 6'2" 195lb.... and I assume he'll be 6'2" 205lb by Fall of next year. He will be a definite outside threat. I truly think we move Gabe Myles to the slot especially with his sub 4.4 speed and the fact that we have 100 db's already.

Political Hack
01-01-2014, 02:15 PM
On offense we will live and die by Dak's ability to stay healthy and carry the load.

cheewgumm
01-01-2014, 02:23 PM
I'd move holloway to RBI. Let him run a few and catch some screens.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
My only real concern is what happened with Relf in 2011 - we lost an NFL first round pick and a solid RT and the next year Relf just took a pounding. Losing Gabe and Siddoway is going to hurt a little. We can't afford any injuries next year in my opinion, because Dak is the freaking franchise. We will go as far as he will take us and I think he can take us to 10 wins next year assuming Preston Smith comes back and doesn't leave early because of his little one. He might only be a 4th or 5th round player - but for some kids they have to start working, hopefully we will be able to keep him another year.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
My only real concern is what happened with Relf in 2011 - we lost an NFL first round pick and a solid RT and the next year Relf just took a pounding. Losing Gabe and Siddoway is going to hurt a little. We can't afford any injuries next year in my opinion, because Dak is the freaking franchise. We will go as far as he will take us and I think he can take us to 10 wins next year assuming Preston Smith comes back and doesn't leave early because of his little one. He might only be a 4th or 5th round player - but for some kids they have to start working, hopefully we will be able to keep him another year.

We have to find a running game without Dak being the focal point.

Political Hack
01-01-2014, 02:53 PM
JRob and Shump can handle that and we've got 1 or 2 freshmen that will compete for PT immediately too. The running game should be fine if the OL stays healthy... especially at OT. We've got some depth at G and C, but we're screwed if we lose an OT.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
We have to find a running game without Dak being the focal point.

That just isn't Dan's offense; Tebow from 2007-2009; had over 600 carries in three years. Every year Tebow had twice as many carries as the leading RB.

Im ok with that, but with a good OL we will have Dak going up against DB's instead of DE and LB's. In 2011, Relf was getting hit by LB's and DL. This year Dak was getting hit by DB's.