PDA

View Full Version : Oline, a pass rusher and some speed on offense

TopconDog
01-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Get these 3 things worked out and we can win 9 next year

msstate7
01-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Can brown or Jefferson be the de?

Can Malone and clayborn man the guard position?

J. Graham do you want to be our speed man or what?

Tackle is my main concern...

deltadawg99
01-01-2014, 01:11 PM
IMO we don't lose much with Siddoway graduating. He has been a solid player, but he also got beat a lot.

engie
01-01-2014, 01:32 PM
I've thought all season that Brown and Jefferson are both already just as good of pass rushers as Autry -- and both aren't prone to the same constant mental erros in the run game.

The one drive Rice put together was enabled by 3 things -- Autry and Skinner whiffing tackles and assignments in the open field -- and Cox playing too deep and conservative at safety(which is to be expected and hoped for during the transition).

Here's the stats -- you tell me...

Autry - 31(14 solo), 6.5TFL for 24 yds, 2 sacks for 13 yds, 3PBU, 8QBH, 1FF,
Jefferson - 19(12 solo), 4TFL for 17 yds, 2 sacks for 11 yds, 1PBU, 3QBH, 1FF,
Brown - 13(6 solo), 2.5 TFL for 8 yds, 1 sack for 5 yds, 0PBU, 3QBH, 0FF,

I'd say per snap, Jefferson was more productive at the position. Keep in mind, we've got a JUCO coming too...

engie
01-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Right tackle is literally the only real question mark for me going into next season. Losing Gabe will hurt -- but having that position surrounded by 2 uber-experienced seniors will help tremendously.

Free safety is a bit of a wait-and-see also -- but I saw ALOT of promise from Arrington in his limited role early this year. Glad he's getting the medical redshirt...

HoopsDawg
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Right tackle is literally the only real question mark for me going into next season. Losing Gabe will hurt -- but having that position surrounded by 2 uber-experienced seniors will help tremendously.

Free safety is a bit of a wait-and-see also -- but I saw ALOT of promise from Arrington in his limited role early this year. Glad he's getting the medical redshirt...

Arrington is moving to LB.

Safeties will be Evans, Market, Hughes, and Cox.

msstate7
01-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Arrington is moving to LB.

Safeties will be Evans, Market, Hughes, and Cox.

Arrington to lb... Is this to upgrade speed? Hopefully it isn't to prepare for BM leaving...

engie
01-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Arrington to lb... Is this to upgrade speed? Hopefully it isn't to prepare for BM leaving...

I haven't seen anything that confirmed the move being permanent. We just know he worked for a few days there during early bowl practices. He did the same the previous two years FYI...

defiantdog
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
No way Arrington plays MLB..... he can definitely fill the show of Weakside linebacker pushing B. Brown over to sam linebacker. But Dez Harris is supposedly a beast in practice on the weakside. Either way, I'm just glad we have the issue of trying to put 4 star players in positions on the field. We are starting to get really nice depth on defense.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Mullen talked like the Arrington move was going to be permanent. He said Dee had gotten up to 230lbs.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2014, 02:30 PM

To backup Matt Wells. We call that spot OLB, but it's really like the Husky position at Ole Miss. Wells has a lot of coverage responsibility.