PDA

View Full Version : Dak for Heisman.

Schultzy
01-01-2014, 01:05 AM
2014 year of the Bulldogs!

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 01:16 AM
It's finally time for MSU to get behind this!! Let's start it now. How much to put a gigantic billboard in Times Square? Dak Attack 2014!!

starkvegasdawg
01-01-2014, 01:27 AM
It's finally time for MSU to get behind this!! Let's start it now. How much to put a gigantic billboard in Times Square? Dak Attack 2014!!

I like the dak knight poster. Think that would be a sweet campaign poster.

mstatefan91
01-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Let's calm down. Seriously...

Not trying to be a downer but let's beat a few good SEC teams with Dak leading the way other than TSUN and then I will be on board. That said, I do think that Dak could do it. I just don't want to to go overboard and get made to look silly like we did with the "We believe" campaign last year.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Waiting till then will be too late. Believe and it can happen. Wait for it to happen before you believe and it will never happen. I'm all for MSU hyping this BIG TIME starting now. Put 10 million behind this and Dak will turn it into 500 million. aTm had their turn and Auburn is having theirs. It's time for Mississippi State to have ours. We have the guy we've always hoped for. Back the Dak!!!

mstatefan91
01-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Waiting till then will be too late. Believe and it can happen. Wait for it to happen before you believe and it will never happen. I'm all for MSU hyping this BIG TIME starting now. Put 10 million behind this and Dak will turn it into 500 million. aTm had their turn and Auburn is having theirs. It's time for Mississippi State to have ours. We have the guy we've always hoped for. Back the Dak!!!

I back him all the way but seriously? We believed this with Tyler Russell and you see where we got with it. I will wait to see how he does for the first few SEC games next year before I jump on this bandwagon.

Again, do I think he could do it? Yes but it will take great games against top ranked opponents. Something that MSU isn't known for

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 02:24 AM
I don't remember anyone hyping Tyler for Heisman. Even if Dak falls short the ride is worth the trip. When have we ever hyped a player for Heisman? Smoot for a second but it was never serious. It will bring MSU great exposure. Back the Dak Attack!!!

Statecoachingblows**
01-01-2014, 02:33 AM
#dakattack and for fun can we start #****abear or #banalandshark #freezeIsAfraud
#kimdeechheeeeeeeisgay something fun for the next 8 months

Dawgfan77
01-01-2014, 08:26 AM
#dakattack and for fun can we start #****abear or #banalandshark #freezeIsAfraud
#kimdeechheeeeeeeisgay something fun for the next 8 months

I prefer #falseprophet for coach Hugh Frezzus

Martianlander
01-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I don't remember anyone hyping Tyler for Heisman. Even if Dak falls short the ride is worth the trip. When have we ever hyped a player for Heisman? Smoot for a second but it was never serious. It will bring MSU great exposure. Back the Dak Attack!!!

Let's do it. Dak has the skill set to run our offense. Liberty Bowl was a good preview.

bully99
01-01-2014, 09:32 AM
The Heisman has become so hyped and nonsensical it's not worth much. For Prescott to even be in the conversation he has to have an exceptional season, the team has to win ten plus games and he has to have dominating games against the top opponents. The media,especially ESPN declares whether your a Heisman candidate on a week to week or even a play to play moment.

When McCaron threw a 99 td pass against auburn he was the leading candidate, and then auburn wins the game and he's no longer in the conversation.

The Heisman is like other sports and entertainment awards, trophies etc, lost their relevance a long time ago.

Hell, the media will probably hype Bocephus Wallace for the Heisman, they're already hyping OM for the sec title.

Coach 57
01-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Johnny didn't beat anybody this year and was up for it. They didn't even win 10 games. That's just not true either. My vote? Hitch the wagon to the Dak express!

RTO Dawg
01-01-2014, 10:07 AM
2014 year of the Bulldogs!

Dak Dynasty...

Political Hack
01-01-2014, 10:13 AM
#DakAttack

Dak Dynasty will not get any love by the media now. Not trying to start a political fight in this thread either, so please don't provide your opinion on whether it's ok or not ok... just focus on what the media would pick up and run with. I think DakAttack is a million times better than Dak Dynasty for that reason alone although I do love the Dak dynasty play on words. It's clever.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
RGIII say you just gotta win 8 to win the hiesman

RTO Dawg
01-01-2014, 10:49 AM
#DakAttack

Dak Dynasty will not get any love by the media now. Not trying to start a political fight in this thread either, so please don't provide your opinion on whether it's ok or not ok... just focus on what the media would pick up and run with. I think DakAttack is a million times better than Dak Dynasty for that reason alone although I do love the Dak dynasty play on words. It's clever.

Not trying to be Political......HACK

FlabLoser
01-01-2014, 10:59 AM
#DakAttack4Heisman

Make it happen. We'll even get pub from the rebels because they'll talk about us talking about it. He'll, there will be a NAFOOM thread on this this week.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 11:08 AM
#DakAttack4Heisman

Make it happen. We'll even get pub from the rebels because they'll talk about us talking about it. He'll, there will be a NAFOOM thread on this this week.

EXACTLY!!! The ride will be worth the trip.

gravedigger
01-01-2014, 11:16 AM
We believe wasn't a campaign. Somebody just did it and it went viral.

You dont wait to win a few games to put together a heisman campaign. And nobody gives a shit whether you are worried about looking silly.

FlabLoser
01-01-2014, 11:22 AM

You dont wait to win a few games to put together a heisman campaign. And nobody gives a shit whether you are worried about looking silly.

Agree.

#WeBelieve was great too. We got a lot of pub that week. It was cool to see such a big show of MSU spirit from all over the world.

mstatefan91
01-01-2014, 12:39 PM

No need for language. I don't get people's hostility when you have a differing view point than them but I digress...

I don't care if you guys want to support him for heisman though we aren't even to the 2014 season. I just said that I wasn't going to jump on that bandwagon yet. I have been an MSU fan my entire life and I've already had enough disappointment throughout the years when it comes to football without creating more for myself. That's all

btw #WeBelieve was a great show of support but we did look pretty stupid afterwards. I even got caught up in it

Bamboo
01-01-2014, 12:48 PM
It was something that originated organically, then grew as more of the younger generation was exposed to it. They obviously loved doing it and weren't scared like many MSU fans that it may not work.
I absolutely love the personality type that sticks their middle finger in the air at the pansies who are so afraid to hope. So afraid to be let down.

Exactly how the #wallacing thing was born. That was probably stupid to many people, but the students and kids who got behind it couldn't care less what you think.

Let's calm down. Seriously...

Not trying to be a downer but let's beat a few good SEC teams with Dak leading the way other than TSUN and then I will be on board. That said, I do think that Dak could do it. I just don't want to to go overboard and get made to look silly like we did with the "We believe" campaign last year.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2014, 12:50 PM
#WeBelieve was one of the best thing our fanbase ever did. Got lots of national press. The team laid an egg, but the fans should be nothing but proud of our effort. I wish our fanbase could be that great every week.

Bamboo
01-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Exactly right

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 12:57 PM
MSU getting behind Dak and pushing him for Heisman will show Dak we believe in him. It could be all he needs to get himself to the highest levels. When Dak has an army behind him we can't lose. #DakArmy

Political Hack
01-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Not trying to be Political......HACK

I know you weren't. I think it's awesome, but for something to go viral in the sports world it can't be politically controversial. #DakAttack works on several levels... and after we get a big upset early next season it'll go to #DakAttack

EAVdog
01-01-2014, 01:14 PM
It will be essentially a year long campaign.

Now is when you "plant the seed", probably already a little late. Should have been ready to roll out after the Liberty Bowl yesterday. The article on Bleacher Report about how high Dak's ceiling can be was a good start.

Next phase will be building momentum through Spring Practice. Obviously this is a slow time for football so there won't be much content to speak of. But this is when we need to really keep a slow drumbeat going. There are always those first week Heisman Hopefuls, we need to get Dak in that pool to ensure he stays in the discussion. Especially with our first few games being such taters.

As for the branding I actually think that going with 2 hash tag memes will be best. One base tag line #Dak4Heisman and then we can really play up what has started organically with the DakKnight, ReturnoftheDak, DakAttack, WeBackDak, and on and on. Allowing fans to enjoy making pics and gifts and creating their own memes will keep momentum during the long off season run. Plus we could/should start a campaign to encourage croots to #JoinTheAttack #DakAttack. No reason not to spin this up for NSD.

The point is, it's time for MSU to stop being wallflowers (and bitching about not getting noticed) and to go out and create our own hype!

mstatefan91
01-01-2014, 01:15 PM
It was something that originated organically, then grew as more of the younger generation was exposed to it. They obviously loved doing it and weren't scared like many MSU fans that it may not work.
I absolutely love the personality type that sticks their middle finger in the air at the pansies who are so afraid to hope. So afraid to be let down.

Exactly how the #wallacing thing was born. That was probably stupid to many people, but the students and kids who got behind it couldn't care less what you think.
Maybe you should stop assuming things and realize that I am part of the younger generation. I am a fourth year undergrad student at MSU. Maybe you should know that I helped push the #WeBelieve. I was one of the first to take a picture of the statue and post it on facebook and twitter.

Maybe you should realize that I continued to stick with my team while everybody else got disheartened and quit going to the games. Maybe you should realize that I stayed at all of the games last year and this year while the so called "fans" left at the fourth quarter or earlier.

Maybe you should quit attacking someone who has supported Mississippi State athletics since birth and just recognize that maybe he has a differing opinion than you and didn't realize that so many of you would get butt hurt over it...

Edit: I will gladly accept that I am wrong and need to rethink the way that I am thinking. Offer me where other programs jumped on board for their guy a year early and it made a difference in the Heisman campaign. Being serious here

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 01:17 PM

Now is when you "plant the seed", probably already a little late. Should have been ready to roll out after the Liberty Bowl yesterday. The article on Bleacher Report about how high Dak's ceiling can be was a good start.

Next phase will be building momentum through Spring Practice. Obviously this is a slow time for football so there won't be much content to speak of. But this is when we need to really keep a slow drumbeat going. There are always those first week Heisman Hopefuls, we need to get Dak in that pool to ensure he stays in the discussion. Especially with our first few games being such taters.

As for the branding I actually think that going with 2 hash tag memes will be best. One base tag line #Dak4Heisman and then we can really play up what has started organically with the DakKnight, ReturnoftheDak, DakAttack, WeBackDak, and on and on. Allowing fans to enjoy making pics and gifts and creating their own memes will keep momentum during the long off season run. Plus we could/should start a campaign to encourage croots to #JoinTheAttack #DakAttack. No reason not to spin this up for NSD.

The point is, it's time for MSU to stop being wallflowers (and bitching about not getting noticed) and to go out and create our own hype!

+1 great post

War Machine Dawg
01-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Bingo. Stop being victims of the media, start taking initiative. A wise man once told me: He who tooteth not his own horn, gets it not tooted.

RTO Dawg
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM

+1

FlabLoser
01-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Maybe you should stop assuming things and realize that I am part of the younger generation. I am a fourth year undergrad student at MSU. Maybe you should know that I helped push the #WeBelieve. I was one of the first to take a picture of the statue and post it on facebook and twitter.

Maybe you should realize that I continued to stick with my team while everybody else got disheartened and quit going to the games. Maybe you should realize that I stayed at all of the games last year and this year while the so called "fans" left at the fourth quarter or earlier.

Maybe you should quit attacking someone who has supported Mississippi State athletics since birth and just recognize that maybe he has a differing opinion than you and didn't realize that so many of you would get butt hurt over it...

Edit: I will gladly accept that I am wrong and need to rethink the way that I am thinking. Offer me where other programs jumped on board for their guy a year early and it made a difference in the Heisman campaign. Being serious here

Just when Oregon decided to be come a national program, they put this in New York.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID30425/images/joey-harrington-billboard.jpg

Herrington finished 4th in 2001 Heisman voting.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Just when Oregon decided to be come a national program, they put this in New York.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID30425/images/joey-harrington-billboard.jpg

Herrington finished 4th in 2001 Heisman voting.

Haha that's why I asked how much it cost. We still remember it 13 years later. Worth every penny and then some.

Coach34
01-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm gonna push #DakAttack...it's more original and not a knockoff like DakDynasty is

CadaverDawg
01-01-2014, 01:47 PM
What a MSU mentality to say "wait until we win to do that shit". You do it NOW. Hell, Ole miss didn't wait until Deuce was winning to throw out Deuce4Heisman shit...and it didn't make them look silly to anybody but us. Everybody else, it just made them realize who Deuce was and got them more attention in the media.

We need to be all in with Dak4Heisman. Why not? Scared of being wrong?? **** that shit, grow some balls and don't be scared. Worse thing that can happen is that he doesn't have a great year. Oh well, shit happens. That should not stop us from gaining media attention and pimping Dak as a Heisman candidate. Because he IS that good.

We have too many fans that are the guy standing in the corner afraid to ask the hot girl to dance because he's scared he'll get turned down. Screw that mentality. Quit worrying about what other fan bases think. Worry about OUR University. All of that "it may make us look silly" shit, is for pussies.

Sorry for the language, but I hate that shit.

bully99
01-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Oregon had a billionaire behind them. How many of those do we have. Even our half billionaire doesn't have anything to do with us.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Good post. +1

theloungeinleft
01-01-2014, 10:20 PM

Are you the guy that dresses up as the human pom pom?

drunkernhelldawg
01-01-2014, 10:55 PM
It's possible, but he'd have to lead us to a BCS game.

Schultzy
01-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Control the message.

He is dynamic, face man, great story, leader, big, fast, throws well. Gotta take advantage of it when you get a special talent in your program.

It's time for MSU to be out front and take this mentality.

mstatefan91
01-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Are you the guy that dresses up as the human pom pom?

lol no but I am the guy at every home game no matter what. I would like to go to some more road games but alas, I am a poor college student.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2014, 12:32 AM
NIU began Jordan Lynch's 2013 Heisman campaign before the 2012 season was even over. Without the year-long campaign, he probably doesn't get invited to New York at all, playing in a small conference and with a poor performance and loss in the CCG.

Bo Darville
01-02-2014, 09:09 AM
serious question so don't flame. Dak will stay for his senior year. So are we better off touting him now for the Heisman, or do we wait until he has some more starts, builds up some more stats, then start in late 2014 touting his campaign for the 2015 season (his senior year)? Which is better for us and him?

Political Hack
01-02-2014, 09:29 AM
serious question so don't flame. Dak will stay for his senior year. So are we better off touting him now for the Heisman, or do we wait until he has some more starts, builds up some more stats, then start in late 2014 touting his campaign for the 2015 season (his senior year)? Which is better for us and him?

better for us... do it now. two years of noteriaty > one year.

After next season we lose Tubby, MJ, Day, Clausell, Smith, PJ, Eulls, Cox, Beckwith, hill, Hughes, RoJo, Wells, and others. Next year is our year to make a push.

bgover4
01-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Not to mention our 2015 schedule is gonna be more difficult too.

After next season we lose Tubby, MJ, Day, Clausell, Smith, PJ, Eulls, Cox, Beckwith, hill, Hughes, RoJo, Wells, and others. Next year is our year to make a push.

Bo Darville
01-02-2014, 10:20 AM

I can see that logic. Makes sense to me.

Dawg61
01-02-2014, 11:12 AM
We're gonna need a serious upgrade in the video department if we're sending out national hype videos for Dak.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-02-2014, 11:23 AM

That's losing a lot...but assuming you think our Freshman are good, we would still be in good shape as they will be juniors in 2015.

FlabLoser
10-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Bump. Nice to read this from the top. Notice the thread start date.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2014, 04:15 PM
What a MSU mentality to say "wait until we win to do that shit". You do it NOW. Hell, Ole miss didn't wait until Deuce was winning to throw out Deuce4Heisman shit...and it didn't make them look silly to anybody but us. Everybody else, it just made them realize who Deuce was and got them more attention in the media.

We need to be all in with Dak4Heisman. Why not? Scared of being wrong?? **** that shit, grow some balls and don't be scared. Worse thing that can happen is that he doesn't have a great year. Oh well, shit happens. That should not stop us from gaining media attention and pimping Dak as a Heisman candidate. Because he IS that good.

We have too many fans that are the guy standing in the corner afraid to ask the hot girl to dance because he's scared he'll get turned down. Screw that mentality. Quit worrying about what other fan bases think. Worry about OUR University. All of that "it may make us look silly" shit, is for pussies.

Sorry for the language, but I hate that shit.

Ha, I got a little fired up

Schultzy
10-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the bump Flab, I'd forgotten about this thread but do remember you putting the Times Square pic up which is epic.

How cool am I to have made it to bed and post this by 12:05 a.m. Parenthood. But I remember being unusually optimistic and damn if we can pull off one more at home here the next five weeks could be fun with the open date and schedule.

This game is gigantic and the Gameday set up looks awesome.

dawgpound
10-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Gurley getting suspended is great for Dak's heisman chances

Pollodawg
10-09-2014, 08:48 PM
www.dakattack.com