PDA

View Full Version : JFF is the best pro QB prospect

Dawg61
12-31-2013, 10:39 PM
and it ain't even close. Just watch this dude. It's so obvious.

msstate7
12-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Better than Winston? Or just draft eligible?

Dawg61
12-31-2013, 11:12 PM
I changed my mind. Yes he's better than Winston.

msstate7
12-31-2013, 11:17 PM
I changed my mind. Yes he's better than Winston.

He's good, but I don't think he's better than Winston

Dawg61
12-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Winston is pinpoint accurate but JFF just has "it". Only a few ever have "it". If I'm the Texans there's nobody else I'm even considering for #1.

RougeDawg
01-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Winston hasn't played a defense yet???? Let himpkay 8 SEC weeks and he's an Omar Conner type guy!

You ****s crown him, yet he's beaten NOBODY! Jesus Christ. He would be a weave in the SEC.

msstate7
01-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Winston hasn't played a defense yet???? Let himpkay 8 SEC weeks and he's an Omar Conner type guy!

You ****s crown him, yet he's beaten NOBODY! Jesus Christ. He would be a weave in the SEC.

Well the defense he sees in practice is just as good as any sec defense. Fsu and Winston are for real

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Winston is very good. He's extremely accurate. Maybe the most accurate passer I've seen in college. We'll see once he's required to read defenses and make adjustments if he can keep up. I have my doubts. He's an obvious #1 pick though but I think Manziel is special. He's smart. Very smart and he thrives on being the star. Anyone thinking he'll get hurt did you not notice how he's aware of taking care of himself tonight? He'll only run down field when it's wide open space.

SheltonChoked
01-01-2014, 12:27 AM
God I hope not.

Look at the 2 games vs LSU for JFF. That's what he will be like in the nfl.

Not big enough to run. Not the best passer. And a potential head case.

HailState2008
01-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Winston is very good. He's extremely accurate. Maybe the most accurate passer I've seen in college. We'll see once he's required to read defenses and make adjustments if he can keep up. I have my doubts. He's an obvious #1 pick though but I think Manziel is special. He's smart. Very smart and he thrives on being the star. Anyone thinking he'll get hurt did you not notice how he's aware of taking care of himself tonight? He'll only run down field when it's wide open space.

I can guarantee he will not be a successful NFL qb.

msstate7
01-01-2014, 12:29 AM

Which one?

hacker
01-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Winston and Bridgewater are better pro prospects, and Mariota probably is too.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 12:33 AM

Are you his testicle and you have cancer?

Will James
01-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Are you his testicle and you have cancer?

Excellent

MarketingBully01
01-01-2014, 01:19 AM
He doesn't fit O'Brien's system but if he falls to the Eagles, you would have to believe that Chip would love to have him and would be a perfect fit there.

War Machine Dawg
01-01-2014, 01:21 AM
He doesn't fit O'Brien's system but if he falls to the Eagles, you would have to believe that Chip would love to have him and would be a perfect fit there.

The Eagles have Nick Foles. No way in hell they take a flyer on a head case like Manziel over a proven commodity in Foles.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 01:33 AM
The Eagles have Nick Foles. No way in hell they take a flyer on a head case like Manziel over a proven commodity in Foles.

That's funny. You call Manziel a flyer yet he's made aTm 100x the money Foles has made the Eagles. Sooner or later you'll realize he's the Lebron of football. Lebron already has realized it. That's why he's been buddy buddy with him for a year. Same as Drake. Manziel is a superstar.

hacker
01-01-2014, 02:01 AM
hahahaha, Manziel the LeBron of football? Slow down there, buddy. LeBron is obviously the most dominant player in the NBA. And it's not even close. So, you're really saying he's going to be more dominant than Peyton, Brees, Brady, etc?

C222
01-01-2014, 02:15 AM
The Eagles would waste a pick on Maziel when they already have a QB? Yeah, great call Matt Millen.

ckDOG
01-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Why not Bridgewater? Nice arm and touch. Pretty mobile. Could stand to be a bit thicker. He's a taller Russell Wilson that needs about 15 pounds.

C222
01-01-2014, 02:16 AM
That's funny. You call Manziel a flyer yet he's made aTm 100x the money Foles has made the Eagles. Sooner or later you'll realize he's the Lebron of football. Lebron already has realized it. That's why he's been buddy buddy with him for a year. Same as Drake. Manziel is a superstar.

Go home, you're drunk.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 02:18 AM
hahahaha, Manziel the LeBron of football? Slow down there, buddy. LeBron is obviously the most dominant player in the NBA. And it's not even close. So, you're really saying he's going to be more dominant than Peyton, Brees, Brady, etc?

Nah just saying he's the #1 pick. No doubt. Everyone seems to look for a reason he shouldn't be #1 and it bothers me. It's the American way. Whatever is best everyone shits on it and claims #2 is better. It happens with everything. Teddy Bridgewater would shit his pants if JFF talked to him.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 02:21 AM
Why not Bridgewater? Nice arm and touch. Pretty mobile. Could stand to be a bit thicker. He's a taller Russell Wilson that needs about 15 pounds.

Because he's played in 1 big time game. Manziel has played in 15+. Bridgewater is a nice prospect but he has no business being in the discussion for #1.

thf24
01-01-2014, 02:57 AM
I just don't see it. To have sustained success as an NFL QB, you MUST be an excellent passer. It takes the "it" factor to be elite, but it doesn't count for much without being able to hit every throw on the field consistently. Plus, you have to factor character in when judging a prospect, and JFF is just about bankrupt in that area.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2014, 03:13 AM
Your love for Manziel is over the top and weird. Undersized running QBs who were amazing in college don't last in the NFL, just ask Michael Vick and RG3. Also, Eric Crouch and Jason White were the best players in college football their respective years. If GMs hadn't have gone the "American way" they would have ended up with 2 really shitty first round picks.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 03:33 AM
We'll see. It's always easy to say someone will fail. It's never easy to predict those that won't. Tell me your #1 pick. You already know mine. Comparing JFF to Eric Crouch and Jason White is just ****ing retarded.

Will James
01-01-2014, 07:02 AM
I think JFF is probably on par with the other QB's in this draft. If I'm Houston and think I could trade down and still get him I would because Bridgewater isn't THAT much better than him.

Irondawg
01-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I think JFF is probably on par with the other QB's in this draft. If I'm Houston and think I could trade down and still get him I would because Bridgewater isn't THAT much better than him.

Yep that's probably the best case for them if they don't see much difference in their mind. And it's just impossible to predict nfl success sometimes. Heck I remember watching Peyton in college and wondering if it would transfer because he seemed to throw a ton of wobbly passes. Watched Ryan leaf that same year and dude looked like the college version of Elway. Throwing darts right on the money.

Nobody thought Brady would be a stud

Coach34
01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Manziel will have a good 1st year in the NFL. He's a player. But he's not the top QB in the class.

hacker
01-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Nobody is shitting on Manziel "because he's #1" -- we're shitting on the fact that you have some lovefest with him, and nobody else actually thinks he's worthy of the #1 pick. I think he's a first rounder, but he's the second or third QB taken this year.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2014, 02:00 PM
I compared him to Vick and RG3.that is a very fair comparison, and neither of those guys can stay healthy in the league. Also, I was simply stating that if you choose to forego the " American way" and simply take the the best player in college football you can end up with a really shitty pick. I would take bridgewater if I were picking a qb

msstate7
01-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I compared him to Vick and RG3.that is a very fair comparison, and neither of those guys can stay healthy in the league. Also, I was simply stating that if you choose to forego the " American way" and simply take the the best player in college football you can end up with a really shitty pick. I would take bridgewater if I were picking a qb

RG3 had a knee injury, but quickly recovered. He was sit the last 3 games bc the redskins were going nowhere. RG3's health is definitely a concern, but I don't it's proven he can't stay healthy at this point of his career.

Longsufferingowl79
01-01-2014, 05:28 PM
God help us Teans fans. When we passed on Vince Young, the ut fans railed that the end of the world was near. Now we will have to deal with all of the JFF lovers as well. Having watched bit of them up close give me VY over JFF arrogance any day. Both will have about the same NFL career.

Political Hack
01-01-2014, 05:33 PM
God help us Teans fans. When we passed on Vince Young, the ut fans railed that the end of the world was near. Now we will have to deal with all of the JFF lovers as well. Having watched bit of them up close give me VY over JFF arrogance any day. Both will have about the same NFL career.

lol. no doubt y'all are going to catch hell for passing on Johnny Hancock. I'd seriously trade down in this draft to get extra picks. Even 3-4 spots could get you some extra picks, save you some money, and still get you the player you want.

msstate7
01-01-2014, 05:38 PM
lol. no doubt y'all are going to catch hell for passing on Johnny Hancock. I'd seriously trade down in this draft to get extra picks. Even 3-4 spots could get you some extra picks, save you some money, and still get you the player you want.

Or take clowney. Clowney and watt would be pretty good pair of ends

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 06:11 PM

Yea buttttt if you draft John you'll basically guarantee a sold out Reliant stadium and ridiculous merchandise sales for 3-4 years. Plus ESPN/Fox/CBS/NFLN will be drooling to show John on tv. Use up the dynamite and then get another QB if he fails. It's not like Teddy Bridgewater is a can't miss Andrew Luck. I think it's more likely that Bridgewater falls flat than be a franchise QB. It's GUARANTEED John will bring a crazy amount of excitement and money to the Texans. It makes no sense to me to pass on the home state hero just like it makes no sense to me that the Jaguars refuse to sign Tebow. Tebow is from Jacksonville.

smootness
01-01-2014, 06:22 PM
RG3 had a knee injury, but quickly recovered. He was sit the last 3 games bc the redskins were going nowhere. RG3's health is definitely a concern, but I don't it's proven he can't stay healthy at this point of his career.

Griffin wasn't healthy all year this year. Or if he was, then he just isn't good in the NFL, which still backs up his point.

hacker
01-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Griffin wasn't healthy all year this year. Or if he was, then he just isn't good in the NFL, which still backs up his point.

Well, he was the ROTY last year. I don't think you can say either "he can't stay healthy" or "he isn't good in the NFL" one year removed from ROTY, and how good he was in his first year, regardless of what happened in his second season. He deserves at least a third before casting judgement. I think it was a bad example.

smootness
01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Well, he was the ROTY last year. I don't think you can say either "he can't stay healthy" or "he isn't good in the NFL" one year removed from ROTY, and how good he was in his first year, regardless of what happened in his second season. He deserves at least a third before casting judgement. I think it was a bad example.

Sure, I think it's too early to use him as proof, but you don't need him. The NFL has numerous examples of guys whose primary weapon is their legs that haven't been great at the next level. I can't think of any who had a lot of success.

msstate7
01-01-2014, 07:12 PM
RG3 stats:

'12 65.6% 3,200 yds 20 tds 5 ints
815 rushing 7 tds

'13 60.1% 3,203 yds 16 tds 12 ints
489 rushing 0 tds

I think there's a few reasons RG3's production went down:

1. No training camp -- huge for young qb

2. Injury -- came back really fast from knee injury. Probably too fast

3. Redskins' ol was horrible

I look for a bounce back year from RG3 in '14. In the long run I think the injury benefits him bc he slides much more now

Longsufferingowl79
01-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Texans have too many holes to pass up a good trade deal. One marquee player will not long term benefit them as much as a multitude of picks.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Manziel has already shown maturity and discipline with his decision to tuck and run. He ran 56 fewer times this year for 651 fewer yards. JFF is more gunslinger than he is Vick or RG3. He'll run even less in the NFL. He reads defenses better than RG3 and much better than Vick imo. JFF will run more like Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers than Vick or RG3. I think the closest comparison to him is Brett Favre. If anything is his downfall it'll be his mouth/off the field antics or him forcing throws and them ending in interceptions than him getting hurt running downfield. His ability to be elusive shouldn't be looked at as a downfall.

Dawg61
01-01-2014, 09:00 PM
You might be suffering in football but y'all won a NC in baseball in 2003 and all of us Bulldawgs are very jealous of that. We finished National runner up this year to UCLA in Omaha.

dawgs
01-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Gotta have someone willing to trade up that's still getting you a pick back in a spot you think you'll be able to nab a guy you want. Easier said than done.