PDA

View Full Version : A&M will regret that big contract extension they gave their coach.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 08:54 PM
His teams have never played good defense. He has always been a one pony show at Houston and A&M. He had three winning seasons at Houston and one losing season. The one losing was his third season and keenum was hurt. No Johnny Football next year, they will be the SEC punching bag.

MarketingBully01
12-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Yep, and he could have ridden JFF to an NFL job and a lot more $$$. Stupid decision if he stays.

bluelightstar
12-31-2013, 08:59 PM
There's something we can agree on. Kevin Sumlin is horribly overrated.

justwin
12-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Somewhat disagree...his system has proven to make high profile college qbs. If I'm him, I'd never leave college if I can pull $3M+. Hes still learning SEC, in that this is a defensive league...he will make the Right DC hire. He's got the hard part, offense, figured out.

His teams has never played good defense. He has always been a one pony show at Houston and A&M. He had three winning seasons at Houston and one losing season. The one losing was his third season and keenum was hurt. No Johnny Football next year, they will be the SEC punching bag next season.

Harrydawg
12-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Yes, we are going to bitch slap them in Vegas!

DownwardDawg
Sumlin wouldnt be in my top 5 coaches wish list. Maybe not even in my top 10. I want to see him play defense, special teams, and win without a heisman candidate QB .

engie
Meh -- Sumlin is a badass. His first year defense was good -- this year's is just decimated by NFL defections. With their recruiting, their defense won't be bad for long.

aTm will never "regret" anything regarding money -- unless it's simply not spending it.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Somewhat disagree...his system has proven to make high profile college qbs. If I'm him, I'd never leave college if I can pull $3M+. Hes still learning SEC, in that this is a defensive league...he will make the Right DC hire. He's got the hard part, offense, figured out.

Can he recruit good QB's? I don't think he recruited keenum, he might have signed him his first year but did not do the recruiting and he inherited JM.

Will James
12-31-2013, 09:05 PM
With their money I think he can figure out the defense. They could hire Saban for 20M/yr as DC if they wanted to.

Martianlander
12-31-2013, 09:07 PM
His teams have never played good defense. He has always been a one pony show at Houston and A&M. He had three winning seasons at Houston and one losing season. The one losing was his third season and keenum was hurt. No Johnny Football next year, they will be the SEC punching bag.

The way Duke is ripping them up right now they may regret it tonight.

DanDority
12-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Meh -- Sumlin is a badass. His first year defense was good -- this year's is just decimated by NFL defections. With their recruiting, their defense won't be bad for long.

aTm will never "regret" anything regarding money -- unless it's simply not spending it.

I'm afraid you're right

engie
12-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Can he recruit good QB's? I don't think he recruited keenum, he might have signed him his first year but did not do the recruiting and he inherited JM.

You tell me. This is 2015 aTm lock at QB in the 5A Texas State Championship game. Yes -- this is highlights from ONE GAME for a title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5zRaVvsMsc

The likely eventual 5* version of Johnny football.

They've got the #1 pro-style QB in the country coming this year. And before we pretend Sumlin can't excel with a pro-style QB, let us pause for a minute and remember Case Keenum.

bully99
12-31-2013, 09:18 PM
One thing they have in Texas are high school quarterbacks. What, about half the NFL qbs are from Texas. If he can get one of those every few years he can compete. And they have unlimited money.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 09:22 PM
You tell me. This is 2015 aTm lock at QB in the 5A Texas State Championship game. Yes -- this is highlights from ONE GAME for a title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5zRaVvsMsc

The likely eventual 5* version of Johnny football.

They've got the #1 pro-style QB in the country coming this year. And before we pretend Sumlin can't excel with a pro-style QB, let us pause for a minute and remember Case Keenum.

With out JM what would his record be last season and then this? He would be lucky to have had 10 wins total for both seasons.

You know what is even worse, they have not improve one bit all season on defense. If they had all this talent you all talked about they would have improved as the season went along.

esplanade91
12-31-2013, 09:37 PM
The thing about being handed a Heisman QB by a previous stat, no one gives a shit. "XXXX" doesn't care that someone else recruited him but that he won a Heisman with you, and the argument from Hugh Freeze that he wasn't recruited by "XXXX" doesn't matter. If you inherited a QB from someone else you basically won the lottery as far as coaching in college football. To a 1/2 degree look at Mullen. Sure, I like Mullen... but we associate him with Tebow despite him ever HC'ing a Heisman or #1 overall pick... despite the fact that we tell people that he did both.

He'll get a freak QB either in the Heisman sense or production (Keenum) sense and keep his job.

engie
12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
With out JM what would his record be last season and then this? He would be lucky to have had 10 wins total for both seasons.

You know what is even worse, they have not improve one bit all season on defense. If they had all this talent you all talked about they would have improved as the season went along.

Sumlin has had one full recruiting class with the benefit of the SEC bump -- and it didn't even fully enjoy the Johnny football bump.

It's ridiculous to guess at "what would his record be without Johnny Manziel". "What would his record be without Case Keenum"? What would any elite program's record be without their elite/starting QBs? What would Belichick be without Brady? What would Walsh be without Montana and Young? That can go all day. Great coaches have great QBs. Simple fact of life.

His offenses? Total O: NATIONAL #2, #1, #11, #1, #3, #4. Show me anyone better.

bluelightstar
12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Aggies are a shit sandwich, sorry.

justwin
12-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Afraid so...doing what he's done w Keenum & Johhny gets him into several qb living rooms. What comes first...chicken or egg ala good production out of your college qb or highly recruited HS kid.

QUOTE=Jack Lambert;111995]Can he recruit good QB's? I don't think he recruited keenum, he might have signed him his first year but did not do the recruiting and he inherited JM.[/QUOTE]