PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Wrap

justwin
12-31-2013, 08:46 PM
my 2013 takeaways:

1. Dak is special in every sense. The entire fanbase is going to be thinking about this guy long and hard over next 9 months.

2. Seeing Tyler on the sidelines and then then listening to his comments about his senior season solidifies his true character. Tyler is a champion in many ways. I hope his lasting legacy boils down to 2 things: 1. He gets a shot on one of these crummy NFL teams and makes a team as a backup and then in year 2 or three he gets a chance late in the season after some NFL seasoning and a solid NFL caliber QB coach. He can make every throw & can be every bit as good as Kyle Orton, Mike Glennon, Ryan Humphries, and many other current NFL qbs. Plus, being surrounded by WRs that can get separation will be huge. 2. That the long famous MSU Senior QB curse leaves our team permanently with his departure. The [I]Grand Finale[I] of the dreaded curse this season on Tyler was by far the worst version.

3. We're a cocky, bold badass WR away from being to double digit wins on a regular basis. I'm not saying a dirty player, but a confident, tough, and clutch catch type guy. Lewis is close, but we need one big time guy to step up to complement him. Think Moulds! If I had to make a list of guys we have that the "it" factor we desperately need, I'm going with De'Runnya, RoJo, Fred Brown, Fred Ross, Chappelle, Jamoral Graham, Jesse Jackson in that order. One of those guys needs to score about 7 tds next year for us to get there and it doesn't have to be a guy with huge top end speed, but someone who snatches everything...from what I see, the plays are there to be made. Also, every one of our offensive players from RBs, TEs, WRs need to work on catching the ball fully extended and over the shoulder....we're leaving so many TDs out there on the inability to make those catches. Hell, Dak can even catch over the shoulder, but that sumbitch can do everything well.

4. The next step for the program is to beat LSU. We beat LSU next year with a homestate Louisiana kid on their turf, the rest is gravy from more big wins, bowls, recruiting, getting guys to the NFL on a regular basis and on and on and on. I'm watching Anthony Jennings tomorrow to see what he's all about as he stands in our program's way.

5. Our program will be a consistent 6 win season from here on out under Mullen b/c Mullen is exactly what our program needed 5 years ago. He's a proven championship level offensive coach who recruits and gets above avg production from the QB. Before Mullen, our QB was always a liability. Again, MSU won't have a QB issue @ MSU under Mullen from here on out either....fit the system...yada yada yada. It's remarkable at how much depth he's created across the board too. Matt Wells running down the field with their 6'5" WR w a breakup...f*7king kidding me.

6. After 5 years, there's one consistent thing in Mullen's offense and that's the slot WR position is by far the marque spot for a TD maker....it's almost like it's the secondary option that opens up even when the backfield is clicking or not. Bump and now Lewis have really flourished in that role, but we still haven't quite hit on all cylinders with role. Every recruiting cycle, I'm looking to bring in a guy who can dominate in that role. I really think Jamoral is the next up.

7. Not even worth getting upset over the media anymore. The announcers today epitomized the coverage that MSU gets...dudes were talking about the cowbells, then Mullen not coming off the gas mid 3Q, what game they're covering next week, Rice player being down on fumble despite same deal w RoJo in 1Q. It's just remarkable really and the consistent, blatant, negative coverage. We all know the script. Not worth acknowledging anymore.

8. As for coaches, really simple. Pay Collins and go get a ST teams coach. That's it. done. keep everyone else. go to 2014.

you guys takeaways?

Covercorner2
01-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Who is Ryan Humphries?

justwin
01-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I meant Fitzgerald w the titans

Who is Ryan Humphries?