PDA

View Full Version : More Proof that the media is in the tank for Ole Miss.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 10:50 AM
This is a article about Miss state but look at the picture. I think I am going to call the (601) 961-7289 and let Michael know he is a idiot.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131231/SPORTS030102/312310041/History-line-Mississippi-State-Rice

NewTweederEndzoneDance
12-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Bonner likely had nothing to do with that picture being in our article. I'd assume the blame for that falls on the editor.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Bonner likely had nothing to do with that picture being in our article. I'd assume the blame for that falls on the editor.

I think if I had wrote a article for the CL I would look at it to see what was changed and then I would have noticed the picture and asked why.

Ronny
12-31-2013, 11:21 AM
..when you call Michael you are not only embarrassing yourself, you are also embarrassing Miss. State University.

Pollodawg
12-31-2013, 11:26 AM
..when you call Michael you are not only embarrassing yourself, you are also embarrassing Miss. State University.

Having an OM picture on an article about MSU is pretty embarrassing without us having to call. Shit, man. It's a Mississippi based newspaper, and they can't get that right. But, I agree with Jack Lambert. Idiocy like this should be pointed out.

PMDawg
12-31-2013, 11:26 AM

You pretty much do the same thing every time you post. Don't take this as encouragement to call the number, just sayin'....

Ronny
12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
...think the Clarion-Ledger embraces some secret, organized plot to topple Miss. State athletics remind me of the nuts who think Obama's birth certificate is fake.

And I'm sick of both of you.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 11:39 AM
...think the Clarion-Ledger embraces some secret, organized plot to topple Miss. State athletics remind me of the nuts who think Obama's birth certificate is fake.

And I'm sick of both of you.

You must not read the the CL very much. They continue to do little things like this all the time. As far as Obama goes I don't care where he is from I hate the SOB and is a horrible President.

bluelightstar
12-31-2013, 11:50 AM
I Think a lot of you are descending into delusion and craziness. It's actually quite scary.

Hot Rock
12-31-2013, 12:23 PM
You must not read the the CL very much. They continue to do little things like this all the time. As far as Obama goes I don't care where he is from I hate the SOB and is a horrible President.

I never read it but it's not for a lack of trying. I have not paid to read it, have you?

Every time some one links a CL article all I get is them asking for money and I never get to read any articles. Shirley you didn't send this organization that is so pro rebel-nation money did you?

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 12:26 PM
I never read it but it's not for a lack of trying. I have not paid to read it, have you?

Every time some one links a CL article all I get is them asking for money and I never get to read any articles. Shirley you didn't send this organization that is so pro rebel-nation money did you?

I have been reading it for free ever since it went behind the wall. All you have to do is clear you browser history or your cookies and you will get a 30 day free view.

Until those dumb asses figure it out I will continue to do it.

Hot Rock
12-31-2013, 12:39 PM
I have been reading it for free ever since it went behind the wall. All you have to do is clear you browser history or your cookies and you will get a 30 day free view.

Until those dumb asses figure it out I will continue to do it.

I just figured that out, over on SPS I was told the same thing just minutes ago. You only delete the cookies and you can view again.

Works.. for now

Thanks

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
I just figured that out, over on SPS I was told the same thing just minutes ago. You only delete the cookies and you can view again.

Works.. for now

Thanks

I don't know if they will ever change it. It has been that way since they went to a paid wall and surely they know about. I guess they don't want to have to spend the money to correct it.

BogeyGolfer
12-31-2013, 02:16 PM
This is a article about Miss state but look at the picture. I think I am going to call the (601) 961-7289 and let Michael know he is a idiot.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131231/SPORTS030102/312310041/History-line-Mississippi-State-Rice
I'm not disagreeing with you because I do think that we get a bum wrap nation wide and one if the biggest news outlets in our state should promote our school. However, I don't depend on the CL or DJ for MSU news most everything you need to know you can find here or on SPS.. Does it really matter? I'm pissed today because I can't go to the game so do what I'm doing, set back drink a beer and ignore media outlets that frustrate you...

preachermatt83
12-31-2013, 03:12 PM
You pretty much do the same thing every time you post. Don't take this as encouragement to call the number, just sayin'....

Amen!! He's a useless poster

Dawgowar
12-31-2013, 03:37 PM

Dude, the Hederman Family sold the paper in 1982. Print is a dated media source that is fading in relevance. They do not wield the influence you think they do. Information cycles move too fast and have effectively eliminated outrage in politics and sports discussion. An errant picture does us no damage. At all.