PDA

View Full Version : Hey ref. What's this I'm starting to read

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2013, 08:05 AM
About a huge arctic outbreak for next week? Saw the NWS saying high next Tuesday maybe topping out at 20. Are you seeing this and maybe any frozen precip on the horizon? The 12 year old in me hopes so.

TheRef
12-31-2013, 08:21 AM
About a huge arctic outbreak for next week? Saw the NWS saying high next Tuesday maybe topping out at 20. Are you seeing this and maybe any frozen precip on the horizon? The 12 year old in me hopes so.

I'm not entirely sure. Definitely will be something to watch for. I'm on the road right now so I can't really look at much. But I would keep an eye on this but keep my expectations low this far out.

bully99
12-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Not a professional but I follow some of the weather geeks weather sites. Computer forecast are kind of all over the maps for next week, some say bitter cold all the way to the coast and some say just normal cold. Don't think anything is definitive yet.

Saw some forecast for Green Bays game Sunday with a temp of -10. That be cold.

Apologize to the REF for invading his territory.

theloungeinleft
12-31-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm not entirely sure. Definitely will be something to watch for. I'm on the road right now so I can't really look at much. But I would keep an eye on this but keep my expectations low this far out.

Aren't you supposed to know these things?

TheRef
12-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Aren't you supposed to know these things?

If I knew what would happen a week fr now, I would be a rich man.

slickdawg
12-31-2013, 12:01 PM
There's a chance this will happen. Do not put much faith or trust in models beyond 3-5 days.

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2013, 12:11 PM
There's a chance this will happen. Do not put much faith or trust in models beyond 3-5 days.

Me either but it is nice to think about. Would love to see us get a nice snow again this winter. My kids love it and to be honest I turn into a little kid again too when it snows. I can just stare out the window for hours at a time watching it fall if it is at night I turn on the outside lights and watch it. Would really like it to snow and it stay cold enough that it doesn't start to melt five minutes after the last flake falls.

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Slight thread hijack...trying to find a relatively inexpensive handheld anemometer to take with me chasing. About all I really want is one that measures to at least 100 mph and is waterproof. I found a couple in the $30-$60 range but the reviews were crap. Is that about what I can expect in that price range or is there a hidden gem out there I have overlooked?