PDA

View Full Version : Graham in the slot?

justwin
12-31-2013, 04:01 AM
After watching this, I'm thinking he's going to be that Bumphis slot WR....I think he can break Chad's TD mark too. Reminds me of Deshean Jackson in a way with his ball skills and hips. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders too. Nice job Mullen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC90G9t4gzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTtOVlF2sV0

smootness
12-31-2013, 08:44 AM
I think that's exactly where he'll play. I think that's where he's best, and we have plenty of DBs committed. Personally, I question whether Holloway is a true fit for that spot; he has tons of speed, but I'm not sure how elusive he is, he may be more of a home-run threat.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see Graham take over that slot as a rFr.

Political Hack
12-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Holloway needs to return kick offs, take the speed sweep handoff, and run nine routes.

We do need a slot guy that can step in immediately. We're one injury away from not having a receiving threat in that spot next season.

Bothrops
12-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Plus, we lose Lewis after next season. This is a position of need, without Graham it's a position of concern.

LeakyD
12-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Graham doesn't want to redshirt and shouldn't.

Political Hack
12-31-2013, 10:17 AM
not sure we'd even give him the choice to RS.

smootness
12-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Graham doesn't want to redshirt and shouldn't.

That's fine with me.

justwin
12-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Agree, but holloway needs to work on catching balls over the shoulder as he left 3-4 Tds on the field this season.

Holloway needs to return kick offs, take the speed sweep handoff, and run nine routes.

We do need a slot guy that can step in immediately. We're one injury away from not having a receiving threat in that spot next season.

justwin
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Agree. Do you think Ross can be a slot guy? If so, it'll be Ross & graham behind Lewis next year right?

I think that's exactly where he'll play. I think that's where he's best, and we have plenty of DBs committed. Personally, I question whether Holloway is a true fit for that spot; he has tons of speed, but I'm not sure how elusive he is, he may be more of a home-run threat.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see Graham take over that slot as a rFr.

smootness
12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Agree. Do you think Ross can be a slot guy? If so, it'll be Ross & graham behind Lewis next year right?

That's not really what he is, but I'm sure he could do it in a pinch.

defiantdog
12-31-2013, 12:27 PM
I think Gabe Myles is transitioning to the slot position. I think it's a great idea since the guy runs around a 4.4 with pads on.

smootness
12-31-2013, 12:33 PM
I think Gabe Myles is transitioning to the slot position. I think it's a great idea since the guy runs around a 4.4 with pads on.

Ah, yes, forgot about that. I'm not sure it's permanent yet, I think they were just trying it out, but with our depth in the secondary, it's probably a good idea.