PDA

View Full Version : why do a lot of baseball players

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 07:57 PM
wear chains? They always have....I dont get it. Tuuuurrible

msstate7
04-25-2013, 08:01 PM
wear chains? They always have....I dont get it. Tuuuurrible
I'm sure football and basketball players would to if they could. Athletes like bling.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 08:01 PM
these are white kids from the suburbs.

msstate7
04-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Listen to most of their music coming to bat. They hood...

Goat Holder
04-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Ask engie.....HE PLAYED JUCO BASEBALL!!!!.....in my best Al Bundy impression.

Seriously, I don't know. I played and I did not wear that shit. It's definitely an attention thing, just like wrist bands and other 'I' crap. If you're specifically asking about Tanner Mathis, well, that guy is just a douche.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 08:27 PM
ole miss baseball. home of the bleached hair, goatees, clear glasses, chains and a&m hand cheer gestures.

Todd4State
04-25-2013, 10:33 PM
ole miss baseball. home of the bleached hair, goatees, clear glasses, chains and a&m hand cheer gestures.

They really are a train wreck. I don't mind those things a lot- after all, we have a guy doing a very good Kenny Powers impression and a mullet or two- but those things are best served in small doses.

They've had the bleach boys going back to 2001 or so. It would be like us making whomever our closer is grow their hair out and a beard like Kenny Power no matter what every single year.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 10:35 PM
theirs has been going on since 04 at least. We have a closer mimicking kenny ****ing powers. If you cant see the difference, I cant help you.

I find it ironic that OM talks about MSU the way they do when their entire team is a bunch of JUCO looking, Sumrall, Ms white trash. They have been for almost a decade. Also, their fans dont know shit about baseball (kick the dirt across the plate).

ghostofjackie
04-25-2013, 10:52 PM
They really are a train wreck. I don't mind those things a lot- after all, we have a guy doing a very good Kenny Powers impression and a mullet or two- but those things are best served in small doses.

They've had the bleach boys going back to 2001 or so. It would be like us making whomever our closer is grow their hair out and a beard like Kenny Power no matter what every single year.

The bleached hair is very "junior high" to me. And that fact that our closer looks like Kenny ****ing Powers is completely bad ass. There is nothing bad ass about having bleached hair and doing gay hand signal dances between innings.

I wouldn't be surprised if we caught Tanner Mathis and that blond short stop touching wieners in the dugout.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 10:55 PM
let's not forget the amount of goatees ole miss baseball players have had over the years. We have pretty boys. They have goatee wearing, chain wearing, kansas city _____.

It has been that way since Head was there. I find that ironic, considering that is the exact fan they say we are.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
their LFL is a beer shower with drunk fans that dont know what is going on, doing gay hand gestures with costas, fish shirts and yetis coolers.....all for a pregame before they walk to the square

Ours are the Left Field Lounge Lizards grilling out and being hardcore fans that are there for baseball.

msstate7
04-25-2013, 11:02 PM
their LFL is a beer shower with drunk fans that dont know what is going on, doing gay hand gestures with costas, fish shirts and yetis coolers.....all for a pregame before they walk to the square

Ours are the Left Field Lounge Lizards grilling out and being hardcore fans that are there for baseball.

With your avatar it seems you'd like the gay hand gestures.

engie
04-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Ask engie.....HE PLAYED JUCO BASEBALL!!!!.....in my best Al Bundy impression..

Yeah, you aren't obsessed with me at all** Also hilarious that you think you actually know a damn thing about me.

How about you leave your childish chickenshit off a board where we are actually discussing sports like adults?

In response to the initial question...I hate the chains. Never wore them -- and no one on any of the teams over my whole career did either. Much prefer the old-school approach...

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 11:12 PM
sucking cock has nothing to do with baseball knowledge and only 4% of right handed men can masterbate with their left hand.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Ask engie.....HE PLAYED JUCO BASEBALL!!!!.....in my best Al Bundy impression.

Seriously, I don't know. I played and I did not wear that shit. It's definitely an attention thing, just like wrist bands and other 'I' crap. If you're specifically asking about Tanner Mathis, well, that guy is just a douche.

Engie is a good poster. A little sunshine sometimes, but a good poster. He knows his stuff as well.

BeastMan
04-25-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't wear necklaces but I've never understood why people care if they do. A small gold chain necklace isn't my style but it doesn't bother me. Just like sperry's and short khaki shorts aren't either but again, doesn't bother me. To each his own

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I think it is more the fact that...have you EVER seen any random friend wear a gold chain? Answer = no. Yet, 1 out of 2 or 3 baseball players do. Why?

I literally cannot name 1 friend that wears a gold chain.

If I had a choice between a gold chain and khaki shorts that are 4 inches above my knees, I go Ole Miss Beisbol look all the way (gold chain). Both are equally terrible though.

BeastMan
04-25-2013, 11:37 PM
I cannot say I have any friends that regularly wear gold chains (maybe 1) but I'm almost 30. I try to give 19-21 year olds the benefit of the doubt. The shit I did at 20...

My main point is I don't care and "terrible" is relative to you and your views. For example, the guys in my upcoming wedding : 1 is a super frat OM lawyer, 1 is non frat USM grad oakleys & alternative music loving, and 1 smart ass MSU former frat star now engineer. Then I've got tatts (not showing w/tee shirt) and like Nike air max tennis shoes. Any person could look at any one of us and call us a supreme douche depending on what you define as terrible. I love all those guys regardless of their unique styles.

I'm not disagreeing that baseball players have odd things they do. I'm just saying its whatever. To each his own

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-25-2013, 11:53 PM
good post beast. I guess it is all relative. we all have something...

engie
04-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Agreed Beastman. I should have been more clear earlier in that I don't like it personally -- but I don't mind our team wearing them. I'd personally find it as a distraction, but that's just me and how "I" played. Certainly don't fault any of these guys from doing it any different...

msstate7
04-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Agreed Beastman. I should have been more clear earlier in that I don't like it personally -- but I don't mind our team wearing them. I'd personally find it as a distraction, but that's just me and how "I" played. Certainly don't fault any of these guys from doing it any different...

Since it is such a distraction, do they allow college pitchers wear chains? I've seen mlb games where ump made pitcher take chain off. If its legal to wear chains, I think all our pitchers should wear them no matter what they look like.

engie
04-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Engie is a good poster. A little sunshine sometimes, but a good poster. He knows his stuff as well.

Thanks Ennis... but on the sunshine pumping part -- if you pay close attention, you'll find that more often than not, there was a method to my madness even if the vast majority of the fanbase disagrees at the time. And when I'm wrong, I have no issue with coming back and owning it.

An interesting rewind from the past that I've been looking for for awhile -- that certainly fell in the "sunshine pumping" category at the time: http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/88280/Well-we-pounded-out-a-total-of-4-runs-in-3-games-at-UF?page=1

Todd4State
04-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Since it is such a distraction, do they allow college pitchers wear chains? I've seen mlb games where ump made pitcher take chain off. If its legal to wear chains, I think all our pitchers should wear them no matter what they look like.

No- the umpire will make a pitcher take it off, a lot of times at the request of the hitter or the opposing coach. As long as it's not flying around and the other team doesn't complain, they will usually let it slide.

Todd4State
04-26-2013, 12:10 AM
And for the record I LOVE the fact that Holder looks like Kenny Powers. But when John Marc Shelly or whomever takes over for him, we're not going to ask him to grow his hair out and grow a goatee because Holder had that look. At Ole Miss, I think it's a "tradition" for their shortstop to bleach his hair.

BeastMan
04-26-2013, 12:15 AM

Oh I agree. I would think it would be a distraction too but apparently its not. I feel like when you look at it, all the sports have their trends. It's gettin to the point in basketball that you have to be sleaved out to look like a player. Try gettin a job with that...

engie
04-26-2013, 12:40 AM
And for the record I LOVE the fact that Holder looks like Kenny Powers. But when John Marc Shelly or whomever takes over for him, we're not going to ask him to grow his hair out and grow a goatee because Holder had that look. At Ole Miss, I think it's a "tradition" for their shortstop to bleach his hair.

Agreed with all this...

And for the record, I don't have a problem with that "tradition" for them either. They had a couple of stud SS's in a row that at least got a cup of coffee at the MLB level that did it...I don't blame those that came after them for copying and maintaining the tradition.

swdawg
04-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Didn't this tradition start with Zack Cozart?

Agreed with all this...

And for the record, I don't have a problem with that "tradition" for them either. They had a couple of stud SS's in a row that at least got a cup of coffee at the MLB level that did it...I don't blame those that came after them for copying and maintaining the tradition.

engie
04-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Didn't this tradition start with Zack Cozart?

Matt Tolbert certainly did it from 01-04, and I believe started it, but that could be incorrect... No idea who came before him since OM wasn't even a blip on my radar pre Bianco. Or anyone else's for that matter...

swdawg
04-26-2013, 01:33 AM
I think you're right...Cozart was later. I wasn't really paying any attention to them prior to Cozart.

Drewbowski
04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
sucking cock has nothing to do with baseball knowledge and only 4% of right handed men can masterbate with their left hand.

I'm a switch hitter myself

Will James
04-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I wish Holder would shave that shit off. This guy was a lot nastier

Someone PLEASE change the settings where pictures aren't shrunk down to that size.

DawgInMemphis
04-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I cannot say I have any friends that regularly wear gold chains (maybe 1) but I'm almost 30. I try to give 19-21 year olds the benefit of the doubt. The shit I did at 20...

My main point is I don't care and "terrible" is relative to you and your views. For example, the guys in my upcoming wedding : 1 is a super frat OM lawyer, 1 is non frat USM grad oakleys & alternative music loving, and 1 smart ass MSU former frat star now engineer. Then I've got tatts (not showing w/tee shirt) and like Nike air max tennis shoes. Any person could look at any one of us and call us a supreme douche depending on what you define as terrible. I love all those guys regardless of their unique styles.

I'm not disagreeing that baseball players have odd things they do. I'm just saying its whatever. To each his own

Good post. Congratulations on tying the knot. Enjoy yourself!

601Dawg
04-26-2013, 12:05 PM
BEASTMAN bringing the truth.

Bo Darville
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
I have no idea who he is.

Todd4State
04-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I have no idea who he is.

Go to youtube and type in Kenny Powers. Watch and enjoy.