chainedup_Dawg
12-30-2013, 11:00 PM
That Mike Evans and Manziel will declare for the draft

Dawg61
12-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank gawd

MetEdDawg
No surprise there. In my opinion, they will both go in the first 15 picks. Manziel will put butts in seats for one of these terrible teams that just fired a head coach and Evans can flat out go get the football. On a related note, I think we take them down in Starkville next year.

Pollodawg
Get ready for TAMU to be 4-8 next season. With that D. Yep.

Bothrops
12-30-2013, 11:20 PM
We better beat them at home!

Coach34
12-30-2013, 11:30 PM
A&M has talent and will still be good- but they will drop some. We have to win that game in S'ville.

Moncrief played his last game today also

MetEdDawg
12-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Manziel was just like Cam. Elevated that team far beyond what they were truly capable of. Auburn was an 8 win team without Cam. I think TAMU loses two more games next year than they did this year because of that loss of Manziel. Without Manziel, we beat them this year because of the absolutely nuts plays he made on 3rd and long on 7 or 8 different occasions that maybe one or two other QBs in college football might could even make. They are good for at least 7 points less per game average next year. I think we will increase by 3-4 points per game as long as Dak stays healthy.

Political Hack
12-31-2013, 12:39 AM
wouldn't be shocked to see the Cowboys go after him now.

Coach34
12-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Manziel is gonna be like RGIII. He will be dynamite until they finally catch him and hurt him. And in pro football- they eventually are going to catch you- sooner more likely than later. Once that happens, Manziel will slip into Bolivian

MSUDeltadawg1971
12-31-2013, 01:17 AM
Manziel is gonna be like RGIII. He will be dynamite until they finally catch him and hurt him. And in pro football- they eventually are going to catch you- sooner more likely than later. Once that happens, Manziel will slip into Bolivian

My thought exactly.

Dawg61
12-31-2013, 01:26 AM
I really don't think he's going to run down the field nearly as much as RG3 attempted. The Redskins were just playing with a grenade by trying to run the read-option so much with RG3. Manziel will just run around in the backfield a lot. JFF has more Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers in him than RG3/Mike Vick. If anything is his downfall it'll be bad decisions/interceptions. Manziel has a tendency to try to make the impossible throws too often. He's going to serve up a ton of interceptions if he tries the same throws at the next level.

Quaoarsking
12-31-2013, 08:46 AM
He needs and elite WR or two to help him out like Mike Evans did this year. Cleveland may be the perfect destination for him with Josh Gordon.

Political Hack
12-31-2013, 08:51 AM
if my GM picked Johnny in the first round I'd fire him immediately.

However, I wouldn't be shocked if the Texans or the Cowboys go after him in the mid-to-late first round. Texans would have to trade down obviously, but the Cowboys may be sitting about right to take a reach on him. With Romo hurt they can justify the pick as legit even though it would really be to sell jersies.

Bo Darville
12-31-2013, 09:01 AM
He will be dynamite until they finally catch him and hurt him. And in pro football- they eventually are going to catch you- sooner more likely than later. Once that happens, Manziel will slip into Bolivian

For Auburn or FSU to win a title, they have to play 14 games. For the Saints/49ers/Chiefs to win a title they have to play 20 games (24 if you count preseason). That is a long season to keep a guy healthy. QB's have to learn to take care of themselves to play that number of games without injury, and running isn't the way to do it. You also aren't going to run around at 34, 35, 36 like you are when you are 21. Pocket QB's are still effective at an older age (Brees to be 35 in a couple of weeks, Peyton Manning to be 38 in three months). In college, give me Cam Newton over Peyton Manning. In the NFL, give me Manning over Newton.

basedog
12-31-2013, 09:21 AM
I see Johnny Football as a Fran Tarkington (sp) clone, he good be a good pro, he seems pretty smart on the field and I realize he makes mistakes with costly mistakes at times.

I also see him being a perfect fit for the Cowboys for many reason, I'm sure if they get him they will say he is the next "Roger the Dodger", what a great player he was!

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 09:30 AM

As much as I hate Cam Newton I have to give him credit for understanding that and changing his game. He will be in the NFL at lest seven years longer then he would have if he did not change his play.

msstate7
12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
If I'm a terrible team, I'd trade down and stock pile picks for next year. Then I'd use those picks to try and obtain Winston.

Bo Darville
12-31-2013, 10:50 AM
As much as I hate Cam Newton I have to give him credit for understanding that and changing his game. He will be in the NFL at lest seven years longer then he would have if he did not change his play.

Agreed. Cam has done a good job of picking his spots to run. Also, Cam is a lot bigger than Manziel, so he can handle a little more pounding.

I also think there is a huge difference in running quarterbacks and mobile quarterbacks. Brees, Rodgers, Russell Wilson are mobile quarterbacks. They can move around in the pocket. Wilson is good at picking spots to run. Running quarterbacks don't survive in the NFL. For Manziel to succeed he is going to have to use some judgement on when to run, when to slide, when to get out of bounds, etc.