PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Sallee steals thunder from Tim Brando

FlabLoser
12-30-2013, 10:19 PM
...writes an article saying the statement win in the Music City bowl is a sign that Ole Miss is going to make a run for the SEC West in 2014.

Can't make this up.

This just 2 days after he wrote an article about how wrong he was for buying the Ole Miss 2013 hype.

Its almost like he's getting paid to say good things about Ole Miss. I've not seen another guy so infatuated with the bear hype.

Coach34
12-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Ask him what they are going to for an OL next year after losing 5 of their top 10 guys...

C222
12-30-2013, 10:25 PM
...writes an article saying the statement win in the Music City bowl is a sign that Ole Miss is going to make a run for the SEC West in 2014.

Can't make this up.

This just 2 days after he wrote an article about how wrong he was for buying the Ole Miss 2013 hype.

Its almost like he's getting paid to say good things about Ole Miss. I've not seen another guy so infatuated with the bear hype.

Dan Wolken tweeted something similar. He said OM has a great opportunity to win the West next year because Bama and LSU will have new Qb's. I guess he forgot about the actual SEC champion and the fact OM finished ****ing SIXTH. Idiots.

AlSwearengen
12-30-2013, 10:32 PM
This prediction has to make Bucky cringe because rebels will buy into it and expect it. This is usually how ole miss' coaches slow deaths begin.

msstate7
12-30-2013, 10:35 PM
This prediction has to make Bucky cringe because rebels will buy into it and expect it. This is usually how ole miss' coaches slow deaths begin.

Exactly. I love the media spewing this crap. Expectations the bears can't live up to and their players have big heads

bully99
12-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Didn't Wonken say not just the west but the whole damn conference. Not sure if I saw that correctly.

messageboardsuperhero
12-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Like I said earlier- let Sallee talk.

UM people will buy into it. The bigger UM thinks they are, the harder they fall.

engie
12-30-2013, 10:42 PM
How could anyone watch that game and think "this is a team that could compete for a conference title next year"?

Looked almost exactly like the shitburger we laid on that same field in 2011 when Ballard bailed us out. And I sure didn't think we would be competing for titles the next year, nor did anyone else...

Political Hack
12-30-2013, 10:50 PM
I hope they're expected to win it all. it'll be a glorious crash and burn job ending with Five and One.

Journalist are pretty stupid for the most part. There are some great ones for sure, but guys thriving off of a shock jock website aren't looking to win a Pulitzer any time soon. They usually look at the names... the skills positions... and see who is coming back. They forget that you have to succeed in the trenches to win.

OM will lose a LOT of production next season, especially if Prewitt and Moncrief leave.

messageboardsuperhero
12-30-2013, 10:55 PM
How could anyone watch that game and think "this is a team that could compete for a conference title next year"?

Looked almost exactly like the shitburger we laid on that same field in 2011 when Ballard bailed us out. And I sure didn't think we would be competing for titles the next year, nor did anyone else...

Not just A conference title, the SEC- while playing everyone in the SEC West.

Let the expectations build. I hope everyone in Oxford is thinking "10 wins or bust."

mic
12-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Can Vegas PLEASE set their win total at 8.5 again next year.. I will be out there this summer.. and will purchase that winning under ticket

M.Fillmore
12-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Like I said earlier- let Sallee talk.

UM people will buy into it. The bigger UM thinks they are, the harder they fall.

Agreed. When the bears get reved up about Next Year's Championships, I don't contest the jabber, I encourage it. I'd love to sit back and watch the meltdown when reality hits. Remember Rebel Jacob on Bo Bounds show talking about a National Title? In one of Bo's finer moments he used the call as a promo parody of Rebel Jacob.

BossDawg
12-30-2013, 11:18 PM
It's almost like he's getting paid to say good things about Ole Miss. I've not seen another guy so infatuated with the bear hype.

I've brought this up before to friends and such, and they pretty much think it's absurd - but I honestly do think a lot of this over-the-top fellation of OM is indeed some back door advertising by OM's athletic department. I've never seen a school that's so damn insignificant get their collective egos stroked and aired up by the media as much as OM does.

gravedigger
12-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Are they including a bowl game?

Do you have to return to Vegas to collect?

bluelightstar
12-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Ole Miss will be a fair football team next season, but they are not winning the division.

DownwardDawg
12-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Ole Miss will be a fair football team next season, but they are not winning the division.

Yes. Fair as in 6-6 or 7-5.

Bully Dee Williams
12-30-2013, 11:55 PM
What kind of statement did that win make? That they sucked less than GT? That game was awful.

Coach34
12-31-2013, 12:08 AM

This

They are likely to finish 7-5 (3-5) again next year.
Losing 5 of your 10 best on the OL will cause them some problems.
They have to replace Moncrief and Logan at WR
Scott wasnt an all-world TB- but he was their only HR threat back there.
They will be pretty good on D

bluelightstar
12-31-2013, 12:29 AM

Yes, that is indeed what "fair" means.

cheewgumm
12-31-2013, 12:44 AM
They should get rid of freeze if he can't win 9 next year with all that talent.

sbcmortgageman
12-31-2013, 09:34 AM
He is having to cover his own preseason predictions. He picked them early and often and thought they would contend. Once that plan unravelled he slowly started picking against them, ie GT in the bowl game too. Now that they squeaked by he is back on the wagon. He's just trying to save face and get site clicks.

engie
12-31-2013, 09:46 AM
This

They are likely to finish 7-5 (3-5) again next year.
Losing 5 of your 10 best on the OL will cause them some problems.
They have to replace Moncrief and Logan at WR
Scott wasnt an all-world TB- but he was their only HR threat back there.
They will be pretty good on D

People need to realize:

They lose 106 starts from 4 different players on the OL this year. They bring back a total of 41 starts from 3 players on the OL next year -- 29 of which (2 players) will be coming off injury.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 10:02 AM

Can't make this up.

They will never compete for a title. Yes they had a good recruiting class but they just did not get enough in that class. The four best guys they sign will be gone after their Jr season. They just will not be able to build the debth to compete. They are going to lose two of their best under classmen this year to the draft.

Goat Holder
12-31-2013, 12:24 PM
I like it when we're overlooked. We play much better that way. Although one big thing I think Dan has been successful with is helping us deal with success.

I honestly think the SECW will be decided by Auburn and us next season. Yeah I said it bitches.

msstate7
12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
I like it when we're overlooked. We play much better that way. Although one big thing I think Dan has been successful with is helping us deal with success.

I honestly think the SECW will be decided by Auburn and us next season. Yeah I said it bitches.

October 11th in Starkville.

thunderclap
12-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Does anyone else notice how much better OM always seems to be the further away they are from the games?