Harrydawg
12-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Than Case McCoy

MetEdDawg
12-30-2013, 09:55 PM
I would have said Bo Wallace but you said Top 50 program

msstate7
12-30-2013, 09:58 PM
The sad part is texas is full of good qb's and texas has their pick.

quickstrike2
12-30-2013, 10:02 PM
It's a shame that it's like that. I think Mack was just lazy an said well his brother saved my ass for 4 years so he prolly can as well. It takes effort to lose as much as Mack has at Texas, an he will be remembered as a winner. Anybody can go 9 and 4 there.

Harrydawg
12-30-2013, 10:04 PM
I said this when I watched Texas play UM early this season. He is horrible with an awful side arm release.....

Mack deserves to be fired for not finding/having better......deserves it. Honestly, the answer I can think of is some strong tie to his older brother and family......I am no expert and can tell he is just not good.

SheltonChoked
12-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Mack's problem recruiting was committing to kids too early and honoring those commitments. He routinely accepted commitments from freshmen and sophomores and honored those commits. Not enough of them turned out.

esplanade91
12-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Sadder: The current Heisman winner wanted to go to Texas but Mack wanted him to play safety.

Tommy Rees though is my pick.

BogeyGolfer
12-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Than Case McCoy
Not arguing with you but I said to my buddy today while watching Ole Miss that Wallace is not a good QB. He is always going to make a couple of mistakes and a decent QB would have beat GT by 3 TD's...

Harrydawg
12-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Yes and his biggest issue is the lack of leadership....I was working today and had to listen to most of the UM game on radio.

The whole talk pre game and post game was Bo's work ethic and lack of preparation in previous games...and how well he prepared for the bowl game. This guy is not a leader, he's a premadona and good lord to listen to him - he sounds like a cross dresser.

engie
12-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Mack Brown last 5 years(recruiting) and 4 years of coaching = last 20 years of Ron Polk.

He started resting on his laurels awhile back...

Thing is -- if they make a tremendous hire -- to go along with all the things happening at aTm and the way LSU is starting to recruit Texas, I think you see Oklahoma really take a hit...

The beauty of the systems in place in Lubbock, Waco, and Stillwater are that they don't require winning the press conference on signing day to kick some serious ass on the field for 4 years...

defiantdog
12-31-2013, 01:26 AM
Case McCoy is pretty awful.... and do they teach that throwing motion in Texas? Vince Young had a horrible side arm release as well

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2013, 07:25 AM
10 QBs from Texas started in the NFL this year. None of them went to Texas.

Next weekend two QBs from Austin Westlake High School in Austin Texas will start a playoff game against each other. (Brees and Foles).

Texas couldn't even evaluate their own town correctly. Can you imagine two QBs like going to Starkville HS and MSU offering none of them?

Jacksondevildog
12-31-2013, 07:35 AM
MSU has 3 QBs on the roster better than what Texas and Florida have. Let that sink in,

Quaoarsking
12-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Vad Lee of Georgia Tech is the only other candidate

Pollodawg
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Mack Brown last 5 years(recruiting) and 4 years of coaching = last 20 years of Ron Polk.

He started resting on his laurels awhile back...

Thing is -- if they make a tremendous hire -- to go along with all the things happening at aTm and the way LSU is starting to recruit Texas, I think you see Oklahoma really take a hit...

The beauty of the systems in place in Lubbock, Waco, and Stillwater are that they don't require winning the press conference on signing day to kick some serious ass on the field for 4 years...

What you did there, I see it.

Political Hack
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Johnny Football wanted to go to Texas and was told told 'no thank you.' That's enough to get a UT coach fired.

With him, they probably win 11-12 games.

SignalToNoise
12-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Johnny Football wanted to go to Texas and was told told 'no thank you.' That's enough to get a UT coach fired.

With him, they probably win 11-12 games.

Had they actually let him play QB, sure, but he was recruited as a DB as was RG3.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2013, 09:33 AM
The sad part is texas is full of good qb's and texas has their pick.

I think that is one of the reason Mac is out. Texas fans were tired of seeing guys like Johnny Football and RGII end up somewhere else. Mack just could not evaluate raw talent.

engie
12-31-2013, 10:01 AM
I think there's a delicate art form to recruiting Texas -- given the great development in those high school programs and the sheer number of prospects. How do you evaluate "how close is a guy to his ceiling" in recruiting? Fact is, had Brewster not harped on Mack about it continually, they wouldn't have taken Vince Young. Go back and read about how that recruitment went...

For all the problems in MS, that's not an issue we have. We can safely assume more often than not that prospects are nowhere near as good as they can be when reviewing high school tape. I don't think you can make that assumption in Texas -- and if you do, it's at your own peril. Ok State, Texas Tech, and Baylor have made a living finding "Rosa Fort-type" programs in Texas and establishing pipelines to unknown quantities with good work ethics and freakshow measurables...

slickdawg
12-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Georgia Tech's QB - absolutely terrible. Makes McCoy look good.

Political Hack
12-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Georgia Tech's QB - absolutely terrible. Makes McCoy look good.

there was actually a Vad for Heisman campaign sort of half assed at the beginning of the season.