PDA

View Full Version : GT is actually a good opponent to have for a bowl game....

maroonmania
12-30-2013, 05:09 PM
they are extremely one dimensional and you have a full month to prepare for the option game.

engie
12-30-2013, 05:24 PM
There's a reason they are 1-4 in bowls under Paul Johnson, with the one win coming against Monty Kiffin's lame duck defense that didn't have a pulse...

I seen it dawg
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM
And the fact they ain't real good.

bluelightstar
12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
There's a reason they are 1-4 in bowls under Paul Johnson, with the one win coming against Monty Kiffin's lame duck defense that didn't have a pulse...

This for sure. Their offense is shut down literally every bowl season.

Bothrops
12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
GT doesn't block well enough to run the triple option. Can't believe they got bowl eligible, even on the east coast. They pretty much suck.

Bully13
12-30-2013, 05:33 PM
not to mention their defense is giving blondie all day in the pocket

smootness
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Yup, they have struggled majorly in bowls under Paul Johnson. At this point, if I were on a bowl committee, I would do whatever it took to keep them from mine.

And living down here in Atlanta, the lack of real fans they have is pretty embarrassing. It's all about UGA, and even more Auburn/Alabama than GT. They don't have any real sidewalk fans, they don't have a real big alumni base, and even quite a bit of those are engineers who aren't incredibly gung-ho about sports.

They could bring in quite a bit of talent if they had a good recruiter simply by picking up some of the scraps and jumping up to grab one or two big in-state guys a year. But Paul Johnson won't ever recruit at a high level, and once you have time to prepare it's too easy to shut that offense down completely.

Will James
12-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech is awful

BeastMan
12-30-2013, 05:37 PM
I wrote about this a couple weeks ago. GT is a great bowl opponent

messageboardsuperhero
12-30-2013, 05:39 PM
As many have said, GT's offense is terrible when given a month to prepare for it.

maroonmania
12-30-2013, 05:40 PM
GT doesn't block well enough to run the triple option. Can't believe they got bowl eligible, even on the east coast. They pretty much suck.

Well it is a little harder to prepare for it in a week even if they don't block it very well since its not something a defense sees very often. But when you have a full month and the GT offense can't throw it worth a flip its gets pretty easy to defend. Of course OM has the added advantage that Wommack used to have to defend it in practice every day.

BulldogBear
12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Just announced attendence at 52K plus. I'm here and I'm calling BS. They are counting sales not bodies if they're coming up with bodies. There are waaaaaaaaayyyyy more than 15K-16K empty seats.

RougeDawg
12-30-2013, 09:04 PM
That GTech couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

That being said. Good God OM's offense is atrocious. Then run the same 5-6 GD plays the entir game. Read option, bubble screen, misdirection reverse, and a couple up for grabs passes downfield. The couple times GT brought pressure, Locks looked like a deer in the headlights. Their offense is almost as easy to stop as Techs. Pressure the backfield and cover the flats because they their 90% of their passes within 5 yards of line of scrimmage, and these are always the check down throws when under pressure. We did this along with mizzou. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this. It's not rocket science. It's common sense if you watch them for 30 minutes.