PDA

View Full Version : OT: Is the Landshark considered taunting?

defiantdog
12-30-2013, 05:02 PM
After doing a little research, I have come to the conclusion that OM should be penalized every time they throw the landshark after a play....

Under SECTION 2. Unsportsmanlike Conduct Fouls & Unsportsmanlike Acts of the 2013/2014 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations states

ARTICLE 1 - There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct or any act that interferes with orderly game administration on the part of players, substitutes, coaches, authorized attendants or any other persons subject to the rules, before the game, during the game or between periods. Infractions for these acts by players are administered as either live-ball or dead-ball fouls depending on when they occur. (A.R. 9-2-1-I-X)

(d) Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves). - LANDSHARK

Now.... how is this overlooked every time?

Jack Lambert
12-30-2013, 05:06 PM
After doing a little research, I have come to the conclusion that OM should be penalized every time they throw the landshark after a play....

Under SECTION 2. Unsportsmanlike Conduct Fouls & Unsportsmanlike Acts of the 2013/2014 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations states

ARTICLE 1 - There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct or any act that interferes with orderly game administration on the part of players, substitutes, coaches, authorized attendants or any other persons subject to the rules, before the game, during the game or between periods. Infractions for these acts by players are administered as either live-ball or dead-ball fouls depending on when they occur. (A.R. 9-2-1-I-X)

(d) Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves). - LANDSHARK

Now.... how is this overlooked every time?

They can do anything they want

maroonmania
12-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Yes, to everyone on the field besides the officials its considered taunting.

deltadawg99
12-30-2013, 05:12 PM
It absolutely is. No way around it

notsofarawaydawg
12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
#20 has landsharked twice after making a tackle on the kickoff .. Slive sees it as a jab at MSU and he loves that.

defiantdog
12-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Honestly, if they let it go.... our players should be able to carry cowbells on the sideline lol

smootness
12-30-2013, 05:35 PM
They'll defend it by saying they're honoring the guy who brought it to Ole Miss; I can't remember his name, but he passed away in 2009 or 2010.

And I don't care, let them do it if they want. But other teams should be able to do it as well. If you're going to allow gestures like that, you should allow the other team to do the exact same thing sarcastically right back at them. It's no different.

Gen. Grant
12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
The bear fans get so butthurt when other teams make fun of the gesture. Especially when we do it.