PDA

View Full Version : Ref

WeWillScrewItUp
12-30-2013, 12:13 PM
I just went through Greenville and saw an old school suburban clearly set up for chasing storms. Just curious if it was your rig.

TheRef
12-30-2013, 12:20 PM
I just went through Greenville and saw an old school suburban clearly set up for chasing storms. Just curious if it was your rig.

Haha...not my rig. I wish I had a vehicle just for chasing, but all I have is an Impala that isn't nearly close to being set up for chasing. But regardless, was it one with a bunch of CB antennas on it?

WeWillScrewItUp
12-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah. It had several antennas. It was on hwy 1 heading toward wayside.

TheRef
12-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah. It had several antennas. It was on hwy 1 heading toward wayside.

Yeah he just has those. He's had those for about 8 years now. I have no idea what he does. He lives south of town.

WeWillScrewItUp
12-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah he just has those. He's had those for about 8 years now. I have no idea what he does. He lives south of town.
Oh ok. I was thinking it would be a good setup for it if you could afford to put gas in it.

TheRef
12-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Oh ok. I was thinking it would be a good setup for it if you could afford to put gas in it.

Might be a bit too heavy, but I wouldn't mind having a vehicle just for chasing. Although, I'm more of a coordinator than a chaser. But I still like seeing the raw power that Mother Nature can bring.

Maroonthirteen
12-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Ref,

Nice snow in Memphis right now. You call this snow? Ha! I'm headed to Beale to stand in it!

Hail State!

WeWillScrewItUp
12-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Might be a bit too heavy, but I wouldn't mind having a vehicle just for chasing. Although, I'm more of a coordinator than a chaser. But I still like seeing the raw power that Mother Nature can bring.

I used to get way more excited about it but Feb. Of 07 I was at DNF watching a game and got a call about a tornado that tore my hometown up pretty bad. Ever since then I have become way more cautious. You may remember the tornado I'm referring to. The one that hit Dumas, AR.

It_Could_Happen
12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I used to get way more excited about it but Feb. Of 07 I was at DNF watching a game and got a call about a tornado that tore my hometown up pretty bad. Ever since then I have become way more cautious. You may remember the tornado I'm referring to. The one that hit Dumas, AR.

I know a little bit about that storm. Wasn't a lot of fun hiding out in the closet all day.

WeWillScrewItUp
12-30-2013, 01:12 PM
I know a little bit about that storm. Wasn't a lot of fun hiding out in the closet all day.

Not sure if you remember but you are the one that called me.

TheRef
12-30-2013, 01:17 PM
I do remember that storm. That's what we Meteorologists keep saying to people who say "Why should I listen to a tornado warning when I've always had false alarms." What is too close? What constitutes a false alarm. I get pissed off at people who yell at tv meteorologists when they break in on their favorite show to warn someone else of a potentially dangerous storm. Makes me want to punch those people then bring them to the damage and have them tell those who had their lives destroyed "My show is more important than your safety" because that's essentially what they are saying.
/rant

It_Could_Happen
12-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Not sure if you remember but you are the one that called me.

I didn't remember that. Glad you said that I had forgotten.

Bigedawg
12-30-2013, 01:55 PM
I remember a few years back when State was playing Duke in the second round of the NCAA tourney, and WJTV in the Jackson area continually cut in on the game for Thunderstorm Warnings! I was beyond aggravated as it is springtime in mississippi and this is commonplace. It was so important that they never bothered to cut in during commercial breaks. They would only cut in during the game. I found that to be very strange. It was an emergency as long as it didn't effect their bottom line. I certainly appreciate live updates on tornadic activity, though. That particular instance aggravated me and apparently lots of other people as the meteorologist, Tony Maestro as memory serves, had to defend his actions on air.