PDA

View Full Version : 2 games in 25 hours

BulldogBear
12-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Well, today is a first for me. Going to two games in as many days. Just left Southaven where I'm staying and headed to Nashville to watch the Bears with my "good" bear friend. My son got a bunch of GT gear for Christmas just for this occasion! Got a pretty good package where we got a program, parking pass, and 50 yd line seats for $50. I will post later about the crowd.

Tomorrow we will be at the real game and I'm dragging the Bear and his kid along too. Maybe he win't be able to resist the mojo of wanting to ring a cowbell! What's noise to others is music to us!

If any Elite Dawgs are going to Memphis BBQ in Horn Lake after the game tomorrow we will be there.

RougeDawg
12-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Wait, you got your son some GTech getup just for this game and to annoy your bear friend? That's a great gift and idea. Does he know about it or will it be a game time surprise?

I thought about getting some bear fans the "You can't spell fumble without UM" t-shirts myself but didn't want to waste my time and money on them. Pretty good. Keep us posted on his reactions and go Jackets.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-30-2013, 02:26 PM
My son got a bunch of GT gear for Christmas just for this occasion!

You have gone this far so you have to teach him the GT fight song. It's not that hard to learn and would really grind the Bear fans' gears every time they score.

Drugdog
12-30-2013, 02:59 PM
If there was a Gift of the year, it would have to be getting GA Tech gear for your son and then going to a Bear game..I SALUTE YOU SIR.

BulldogBear
12-30-2013, 03:08 PM
The GT gear is a semi surprise. He knew there would be something up. And yes, he has the fight song lyrics saved on his phone for quick reference.

"...wrambling wreck from Georgia Tech, a helluvan engineer!"

RougeDawg
12-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Sweet. Let's hope your buddy doesn't have his bow tie too tight when your son busts out the fight song, wouldn't want the guy to miss the game.

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Having grown up a UGA fan, as hard as it is, I'm all for the Ramblin' Wreck today!

BulldogBear
12-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Nice stadium. Crappy job covering Titan logo in endzone though. Looks like about 35K, 2/3 Bears.

BulldogBear
12-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Well, we have State grad in front of us and GT fan behind us. So, there's some anti-Bear vibes in the vicinity. How come they new ball toting orc isn't in the game? You know, since he "ran roughshod" over our defense.

BulldogBear
12-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Alcohol must be kicking in. Bear fans are getting douchier. One's favorite things to yell is "Beat 'em like State!"

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Alcohol must be kicking in. Bear fans are getting douchier. One's favorite things to yell is "Beat 'em like State!"
He just forgot to add the last two words to that sentence. He means to add "beats us."