PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Busts

BeastMan
04-25-2013, 11:37 AM
I posted something today ( http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/04/25/top-10-combine-fueled-nfl-draft-fails/) that I read on The Post Game written by Lost Letterman. Not sure if y'all are familiar with him. Very good writer.

Its on the top 10 workout warrior combine bust. The Boz and Tony Mandarich were a bit before my time. I do remember the likes of Akili Smith, JaMarcus Russell, and Heyward-Bey. The article gives a top 10 but there are many more. What draft day bust stick out to you?

FISHDAWG
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Haddox ... he was the highest drafted player ever from MSU ... spent 6 or 7 years in the league and to this day holds the all time record for fewest yds per carry in the NFL

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't think Heyward-Bey can be labeled a bust at this point. Yeah, he was a HUGE reach at the time. But he's turned out to be a solid NFL WR. He actually had a really good year about 2-3 years back, then the Raiders returned to being a steaming pile of shit as a whole. If they'd fix the OL and keep a QB upright, Heyward-Bey would probably put up some pretty solid numbers again.

Coach34
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Haddox ... he was the highest drafted player ever from MSU ... spent 6 or 7 years in the league and to this day holds the all time record for fewest yds per carry in the NFL

saw that on the 30 for 30...he was a good player in college, but never understood how in the hell did he went that high?

Johnnie Cooks was our highest draft pick- was 2nd overall- and never lived up to his spot either

BeastMan
04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Heyward-Bey was released and signed a 1 year deal with the Colts. If he can't make it happen with Luck, that may be it for him

gravedigger
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Johnnie Cooks was drafted higher.

Coach34
04-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Heyward-Bey was released and signed a 1 year deal with the Colts. If he can't make it happen with Luck, that may be it for him

HB cant catch- that's his problem

FlabLoser
04-25-2013, 12:45 PM
The current episode of ESPN 30 For 30 is about the year, 1983 I think, when Marino, Elway, and some other big name guys were all in the same class. They go through all the 1st round selections and mention how they panned out. One was Michael Haddix...who didn't pan out.

EDIT...oh, I see y'all pointed this out already.

Yeah, c34, I thought the same thing. Haddix probably wouldn't make my top 10 list of MSU RBs. He was a good player, but I don't know how he went that high.