PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Fn Ledger

Maroonthirteen
12-29-2013, 08:33 PM
You are pathetic and worthless in promoting your state.

This article is just so half empty glass, negative ....

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131229/SPORTS030102/312290060/Plenty-tickets-left-Liberty-Bowl

If this article is written in Little Rock it says 16,500 tickets sold through UofA Also Razorbacks will obtain tickets from other sources. which will result in more fans in attendance than most other fans of other teams for their bowls. But there are a few more tickets left, buy them today.

But not the shitty CL....hell no....just 16500 tickets sold, less than 2007 and plenty of tickets for sale. Mullen's wish for a sell out is not reality. Go f yourself CL.

Drugdog
12-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Why do you people read the CL and BR?
Stop reading and they will eventually go away.

TheRef
12-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Where is the TSUN article about them not selling out?

Maroonthirteen
12-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't. I just saw Bonner's tweet. So I followed the link.

I realize his point was to point out tickets remain. But gosh, such a half empty article. He says we are well short of 2007. Well 2007 is the bowl record. 1991 is one of the next highest attended Libertys, guess who played in that one? Also, despite selling 16500, I bet the attendance ends up in Liberty Bowls top 5 and is the crowd is 90% maroon.

George is getting upset!!!!!

M.Fillmore
12-29-2013, 09:19 PM
These clowns insult their customer base now and then bemoan their place in the unemployment line later.

dawgoneyall
12-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Bingo. But one has to wonder at the intelligence of their employers.

BTW.... I once got but now won't get the CL. Stupid people do stupid things......

Bucky Dog
12-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Yep, pretty much of a dumbass! Says that ticket office closed 2 weeks ago and has remained closed and I know plenty of people that have bought their tickets through the LB directly or on sites such as StubHub to get better seating, more tickets together, or could not order through ticket office.

Jack Lambert
12-29-2013, 10:06 PM

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131229/SPORTS030102/312290060/Plenty-tickets-left-Liberty-Bowl

If this article is written in Little Rock it says 16,500 tickets sold through UofA Also Razorbacks will obtain tickets from other sources. which will result in more fans in attendance than most other fans of other teams for their bowls. But there are a few more tickets left, buy them today.

But not the shitty CL....hell no....just 16500 tickets sold, less than 2007 and plenty of tickets for sale. Mullen's wish for a sell out is not reality. Go f yourself CL.

The reason why it is not a sell out is because the seats always suck and they cost too much. Why should I sit in the corner and only see part of the game for 65 dollars when I can get 75 dollars seats on the 40 and see all the game.

BogeyGolfer
12-29-2013, 10:40 PM

He also failed to mention that we have currently sold more tickets than South Carolina, LSU, Vandy, UGA and Ole Miss. I haven't seen numbers for other SEC schools but I would say we have sold more than all others with the exception of Bama and Auburn....

bully99
12-29-2013, 10:51 PM
What's amazing is that Bonner is somewhat less offensive than Talty, Matt Stevens and John Weiner among others. If you read talty during the fall and didn't conclude that he's an OM fan you need examining. I've already talked about Steven's hate for State, and this Jon Weiner radio guy is all blackbear. Weiner said during the OM Missouri game there were a lot more Missouri fans than expected because they all wanted to experience the Grove and Oxford. He really said that. The media is all in for the bears.

Goat Holder
12-29-2013, 10:54 PM
That's why it's MSU first then the state of MS when it comes to my loyalties. Too many things in the state that try their damnedest to hold MSU back. Need to expand as a brand.

These bowl games need to accept their fates anyway, they are going away. TV has forced people's hand.

mstatefan91
12-29-2013, 11:14 PM
"Only sold 16,500 through the msu ticket office."

Let's ignore the tickets sold through ticketmaster, stubhub, etc... CL

mstatefan91
12-29-2013, 11:36 PM
The Examiner is more on MSU's side than the CL. That's pretty pathetic in my opinion. Get it together Clarion Ledger and quit being so dam biased all the time.

http://www.examiner.com/article/liberty-bowl-could-turn-into-a-road-game-for-rice

hells bells
12-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Stop,reading the National Enclarion Ledger. What about Rice Ticket sales? Through Stub Hub ect we will have 33K.

FlabLoser
12-30-2013, 01:01 AM
"Only sold 16,500 through the msu ticket office."

Let's ignore the tickets sold through ticketmaster, stubhub, etc... CL

Last I heard that paltry sum of 16,500 tickets sold through the ticket office was also MSU's entire allotment. We sold out.

mstatefan91
12-30-2013, 01:47 AM
Last I heard that paltry sum of 16,500 tickets sold through the ticket office was also MSU's entire allotment. We sold out.
Exactly. Schools don't get as many tickets to sell through their ticket offices anymore due to the use of ticketmaster and other online ticket sellers. Clarion Ledger is just doing what they do.

archdog
12-30-2013, 02:15 AM
The Examiner is more on MSU's side than the CL. That's pretty pathetic in my opinion. Get it together Clarion Ledger and quit being so dam biased all the time.

http://www.examiner.com/article/liberty-bowl-could-turn-into-a-road-game-for-rice

That was a better article. Thanks and 17u cledger

DawgInMemphis
12-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Exactly. Schools don't get as many tickets to sell through their ticket offices anymore due to the use of ticketmaster and other online ticket sellers. Clarion Ledger is just doing what they do.

A lot of tickets go to Memphis business' as well. I got my four through my employer...

Ronny
12-30-2013, 09:07 AM
..think the CL should be a propaganda leaflet for Miss. State. CL = 100% MSU ass-kissing 24/7.

As horrible as we looked in some our football games this year, never once did I read when the CL offered an antagonistic assessment of our shitiness. And believe me they had a shitload of facts & negative observations to work with if they decided to travel that path.

There is nothing wrong with the article. Stop acting like a bratty kid & accept how the real world works.

bully99
12-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Thank you Hugh Freeze.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2013, 09:29 AM
..think the CL should be a propaganda leaflet for Miss. State. CL = 100% MSU ass-kissing 24/7.

As horrible as we looked in some our football games this year, never once did I read when the CL offered an antagonistic assessment of our shitiness. And believe me they had a shitload of facts & negative observations to work with if they decided to travel that path.

There is nothing wrong with the article. Stop acting like a bratty kid & accept how the real world works.

That you, kneff?

Johnson85
12-30-2013, 10:42 AM

That's a bad article. It's idiotic to compare this years bowl sales to those in 2007 without pointing out State's sales are strong compared to other schools and/or that schools sell less tickets now because the good tickets end up on stub hub. They don't need to put out propaganda for MSU, but if you're going to be sloppy, you shouldn't be sloppy in a way that antagonizes your customer base. They're already in a challenging business environment to say the least, no reason to commit these own goals.

Pollodawg
12-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Wasn't there a guy on here who said that he bought the last tickets on Stubhub two days ago. Way to not report that.

bluelightstar
12-30-2013, 10:59 AM

Yossarian
12-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Which team do you consider "our" team? State or OM?

Political Hack
12-30-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't. I just saw Bonner's tweet. So I followed the link.

I realize his point was to point out tickets remain. But gosh, such a half empty article. He says we are well short of 2007. Well 2007 is the bowl record. 1991 is one of the next highest attended Libertys, guess who played in that one? Also, despite selling 16500, I bet the attendance ends up in Liberty Bowls top 5 and is the crowd is 90% maroon.

George is getting upset!!!!!

gooz fra ba. gooz fra ba.